Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
I think many people feel exact the same way like me.
I stepped in the GT franchise with GT3, so i cannot speak for GT7 vs GT1/2.

Like @CTznOfTime says: this game can truly be soooo much more! For either the online fans of the game but especially the singleplayer they could please alot of people!
I agree, but we must be patient and give them time. Tommorow and Thursday will tell us a lot about the future of the game since I see this update as decisive for the faith of this game.

I think some see too much in this update. Yes it's big, may be bigger than ever but it won't change the roots of the game. A new career mode will be called GT8, if they wanted to give us a nice variety of events, we would already have it.
I'm optimistic myself too, I'm looking forward to seeing some permanent Sophy stuff since it's now known for 8-9 months that it works.
The initial design still will be meh but Sophy could give some replayability to the events where it's implemented.

I think some see too much in this update. Yes it's big, may be bigger than ever but it won't change the roots of the game. A new career mode will be called GT8, if they wanted to give us a nice variety of events, we would already have it.
I'm optimistic myself too, I'm looking forward to seeing some permanent Sophy stuff since it's now known for 8-9 months that it works.
The initial design still will be meh but Sophy could give some replayability to the events where it's implemented.
Not gonna lie, it won't surely revolutionarize the game or make it perfect and flawless.. But I'm kinda confident that it will improve the game significantly especially in terms of content, tracks and new modes (see Sophy, B-Spec e.) more an evolution than a revolution but I could always be wrong. Tommorow we will know! I'm kinda anxious about it.

This could be an interesting one, with the Nissan NISMO 400R coming to the game, where it will likely be sold in Hagerty as the first legendary professionally tuned car in the game.

The reason for this is because only 44 examples were made, and adjusted for inflation, it would sell for $2.2 million.

I would like that. Being able to replay all events with Sophy. Link that with better payouts regarding difficulty and you make alot of people happy.

Still, we need lots of new events.
Just replayed the GT World Series event. We need at least 10 of those. Make them longer, add pitstops, fuel consumption and better payouts. The Nurburgring race is just beautiful. The lighting at night, the sun flaring in your back mirror when it turns into morning.. love it.

Last edited:
Not that I thought about this at the time, but I just find it interesting how PD accidentally foreshadowed the GT3 RS into being added later to GT7:lol:

IMG_9021.jpeg
IMG_9022.jpeg

Last edited:
'A new carrer mode will be called GT8'

Or GT7 Spec 2.0, if it comes

I hope i'm wrong.
But i really feel we are going to get disappointed once again with update 1.40.

It's going to be just the 7 cars, 1 small new track and the standard 3-4 events with 3-5 laps with minimum payouts.
Mark my words.
Few updates maybe regarding Sport Mode.

And if we are lucky maybe a few temporarily events that only payout once.

Content wise, GT7 is the worst GT game we ever had.

Also, if they don't replace Le Mans, Tokyo and Sardegna with new higher payout races... They are really trolling us.
We Speak the same Language...
GT7 is Content wise the worst in the series...I am saying this for Months!!!

I'm looking forward to it but I think they'll just show the track if there's one (I really think there will be). Anything else we'll see tomorrow.
They are also gonna show eventual new game modes or core functionalities added (see Sophy)

Back