Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,749 comments
its multi-genre/evolving
View attachment 1367884
:P
It's an interesting chart; Sony really hasn't published much recently that isn't either a single-player action-adventure game or a live service, but they can't put Gran Turismo in its own box. Evolving/Multi-Genre definitely suits Media Molecule (Dreams). Guerilla has been making only Single Player Narrative games for a decade, but they are about to do a LEGO thing so I suppose that's Multi-Genre. Sony Bend is in that box because nobody knows what they're doing next, but they may well move into Live Service Focus in a year.

What it tells me is that the 'Multi-Genre' category is shrinking; major studio game development has radicalised into two groups: big-budget, Single-Player Prestige Experiences, and big-budget Multiplayer GAAS. All First-party games are heading towards this T-intersection where they must choose to stay a traditional Game, or become a Service. Gran Turismo, massive juggernaut that it is, is choosing to go straight ahead and try being both at the same time.

The middle path is not paved, there are no set expectations for being a "Game & a Service", so there's potentially a lot of money in it, and the biggest franchises with the most momentum are testing the limits of this path. Sports games, Fighting games, Ubisoft stuff, R☆, GT, and Pokémon are all going to be sold as "Big Single-Player games, plus more stuff you can pay for each month" because they can be. May we live in interesting times.

Everyone jump aboard the hype train choo choo!!
It'll probably just be the new Genesis racing VGT.
Train derailed.

johnny depp disney GIF

I assume something significant on the July update then?

Well this makes a change from the usual silhouette teasers from Kaz.
Does make one think it could be a bit bigger of an update than normal, but we shouldn't set expectations for our own sanity lol.

Whatever is in the update, it seems that it's not going to be used in the live event races themselves, unless we see a couple new cars in the Watkins Glen Nations Cup race.

---------

In other news, this is a cool development from earlier today:
Think the Audi VGT might finally have a somewhat similar looking Gr.1 rival, with more of a Hyper-Touring Car look than the normal LM Sportscars/Prototypes.
Reminds me of when the Suzuki VGT was added, making the VW GTI Roadster no longer the only roofless Gr.3 car.

IMG_4540.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

No idea if this new version of the Genesis VGT is related to the upcoming update details announcement. I'm guessing not though, as it has already been shown.

Last edited:
Well, they either saw everyone complaining about no confirmation about a June update or this is actually a pretty big update. I don't ever recall PD making an announcement during a broadcast
As far as I recall, the closest ANY world tour event has gotten to update material is usually debuting said content at the event back in GT Sport. Even then, the update itself was never announced so this is indeed a first.

At least now we know when to expect the update
In other news, this is a cool development from earlier today:
Think the Audi VGT might finally have a somewhat similar looking Gr.1 rival, with more of a Hyper-Touring Car look than the normal LM Sportscars/Prototypes
No idea if this new version of the Genesis VGT is related to the upcoming update details announcement. I'm guessing not though, as it has already been shown.
To me it looks more like the Valkyrie AMR Hypercar
which eventually should come to GT aswell - most likely in the next game

Last edited:
They are encouraging people to watch the stream because of update information, so it’s probably something special. That might also be the scary part, because PD’s urge to showoff usually revolves around polarizing concepts. At best it could mean that a new circuit is inbound.

Who else is hyped for the various other issues that will be addressed?
:D
To the point where I can barely sleep.

Last edited:
They are encouraging people to watch the stream because of update information, so it’s probably something special. That might also be the scary part, because PD’s urge to showoff usually revolves around polarizing concepts. At best it could mean that a new circuit is inbound.

To the point where I can barely sleep.
Yeah I agree, if they’re saying tune in to find out, something BIG must be coming. Still hoping it’s Montreal & hopefully some good cars.

Nice i expect a good update now considering they will showcase it next weekend, and if we had to wait 2 weeks longer than normal to get a larger update would be worth it, wonder if we see another sophy upgrade.

Question is those the update drop the same day as the live event, excited to watch it now.

Now i think a new track is very possible.

Last edited:
Back