Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,400 comments
New track: Loved it. Even more than if it was montreal.
The cars:
  • Impreza rally: always nice to see a legend return.
  • ferrari 430 scuderia: already had a 430 in game so dont care that much
  • lambo gallardo: even though it has a special place in my heart from the days of gt5, its another 4wd lambo...
  • bmw m3: always liked the design since back in the days, apart from that...ok...
  • ruf rgt 4.2: liked the surprise. Probably the one I look forward the most.
  • genesis vgt race car: a vgt...at least it looks nice.

New physics: SCARED
I wonder when it comes out.

25th.

"New physics".. interested to hear how the guys at world series comment these. Not a minor change if it helps Fraga as they all need to accustomize. Fraga also dropping a small spoiler of the update there before the official trailer..

Can't entirely ignore it, but it mainly shows that the datamine lists aren't everything. They have other completely unknown stuff too. Updates have been a mix of both.

All of the new circuits have been accurate up to now, even though I considered Eiger Nordwand to be leftover code dating back to GT5.
Apparently it wasn't.
The circuits weren't accurate, Eiger was indeed leftover code as the new version has a new ID and is a separate entry.

Maybe saying to ignore it was too strong but rather don't treat it as gospel, there's still a ton of unknown IDs that even I don't know the names of that won't have been in the datamined list.

Probably gotta wait for the usual article until two days before the update, but a lot revealed already with the trailer alone.
And wow, what an update it's going to be!
Eiger is awesome, looks like it's pretty close to what we saw in GT6, no major changes. Dirt parts were removed completely, it seems, I don't see a transition to it in the old spot.
Excited to try the new physics, I assume it's going to affect rally the most, judging by the trailer.
New michelin tires - maybe tire lettering now available for road cars?
New wheels is amazing, those 15 in the trailer I guess are it. Not a lot, but some very nice designs there, I'm definitely going through my cars and changing a lot of wheels to those.
I wonder how many laps of Nurburgring can Sophy handle? Wouldn't be surprised if it's only one, but still cool.
430 Scuderia is back finally, E36 filling a gap in M3 line, Gallardo is a logical choice to add alongside 430, we all knew about the Genesis, Impreza WRC with Eiger is definitely intentional (I'm now waiting for Evo VI WRC), RUF is the most unexpected of them all. Overall a nice selection of cars.
This update is already kinda as good as Spec II, and the article with patch notes might have even more good stuff!

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
The circuits weren't accurate, Eiger was indeed leftover code as the new version has a new ID and is a separate entry.

Maybe saying to ignore it was too strong but rather don't treat it as gospel, there's still a ton of unknown IDs that even I don't know the names of that won't have been in the datamined list.

Can we know how much layouts new Eiger has?

Looks like the new Eiger Nordwand's pit is where the tunnel was, and that only the pit runs through the tunnel?

1720304263226.png

Not something I have the info on, so I can only judge based on tracks already in the game and will say: doubtful :lol:
Fair enough 😂😂 we had rain in gt5 btw…we will see…still insane how dynamic weather and full day/night cicle is almost absent in a racing game in 2024

Looks like the new Eiger Nordwand's pit is where the tunnel was, and that only the pit runs through the tunnel?
I think that it's there - it looks like the drone at the start flies through it, and there's dashed lines at the end:

1720304800753.png

I suspect it'll start to the outside of the final right and run up the hill. Can't say if the main track runs through the tunnel or not.

I think that it's there - it looks like the drone at the start flies through it, and there's dashed lines at the end:

View attachment 1370538

I suspect it'll start to the outside of the final right and run up the hill. Can't say if the main track runs through the tunnel or not.
The tunnel is filled with people and what looks like the outlines of pit equipment, so it's a safe bet it's the pitlane.. or they're adding vehicular manslaughter to GT7. Either or?
1720305167872.png

View attachment 1370538

Yeah, having a pitlane in a tunnel is a fun design choice and I guess it helps with the game's current pit system where cars disappear into a void when they enter the pits. We also see the new Genesis at the other end of the pitlane by the (now) final turn. Looks a lot more sensical than the old one for sure.

Not "leaks" so to speak, just a video from SIGGRAPH 2023 with a bit of a sneak-peak at modelling. Eiger Nordwand is the main focus, along with a quick look at capturing 360 video at Spa, the 3D model of Laguna Seca, and a small tunnel of some sort.

Kaz's presentation starts at 31:40, modelling video at 39:28. The only cryptic evidence that's had Tahiti fans like myself excited (and it doesn't confirm Tahiti at all) is at 40:12 where we see a bit of jungle, and then some banana leaves, pineapples etc being prepped for photogrammetry.

So... After we saw Eiger, and now is going to be added to the game officialy...

About those banana leaves.... It seems PD could be working on Thaiti ore something similar :D :D

Thoughts on the update so far.

Pros:
- I like the cars, even the VGT.
- Return of Eiger Nordwand, one of my favorite tracks introduced in the PS3 GTs.
- New wheels, yay!
- More tracks the sophy A.I. can race at.

Cons:
- Eiger is only coming with the road course and the dirt layouts aren't coming. Also, we can't race through the tunnel. :(

Latest Posts

Back