Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,101 comments
I think many of you are setting yourselves up for a healthy dose of disappointment. Not unlike the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve predictions. This honestly seems like a GT HD/GT5 Prologue situation, more than it's own thing (with tracks not in GT7). If there are any differences it will be in the UI/progression, and of course a much smaller "bite sized" experience (like the aforementioned 2 games). I'm guessing it's more about showcasing GT7 features/tracks/cars, to entice new players. Not, a small collection of new cars/tracks, that aren't in GT7. The only way I could see that happening, is if "My First GT" is released with same day updates for GT7 (or a short time later). In some ways this is GT7 Epilogue. Although that implies the end of GT7's life cycle, rather than in the middle, as it seems to be. Anyway... That's my .02

;)

Last edited:
Why? They very specifically call this a trial.

I feel like you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
We see i guess, but i do expect current gt7 owners to get something, maybe in line of an update or something at least, i doubt the trial will feature anything that the full gt7 version dosent already have.

My first gt sounds to me that it will feature some old cars from the past some maybe even not even in the game yet, maybe another classic gt track, events that we had in the past, some of that could be part of a trial,

We proably get more info later closer to the holiday season.

Last edited:
Narcissism is a psychopathic form of self-centeredness. I’m not sure it can be applied to all the top players. :lol:

Highly focused, competitive disciplined and somewhat single minded... highly likely imo. You don't get to the top of the field in any arena by half arsing it. After all don't hundreds of thousands, if not millions buy and play the game.

Some no doubt have some genetic ability/gift for racing. But you still need to put in the time/work to get anywhere near to the level they're operating at.

As I say, same goes for any field whether this being a pro footballer, md for an investment bank etc.

Iirc it was Fraga (sorry if wrong) who I heard interviewed on a podcast few years ago. He went into ridiculous hours he put into gt games, trying to improve, shave nths of seconds off. To the point he was/nearly made himself depressed/unwell. Problem with hobbies turning serious/professional... fun/enjoyment can disapate as you go deeper and deeper into it.
As I say sorry if wrong. It was a fairky prominent gt driver.

That's not to say some aren't narcissists or harbouring other kinds of 'illness' of course. But it's not a mandatory in being successful. Some/many are no doubt decent people... humble, respectful of competition.... whilst still having that drive to be the best. Narcissists have zero empathy.

I can only assume the author of the 'accusation' doesn't truely know meaning of the word... tbf it seems a term to almost roll your eyes at these days doesn't it. Every other person seems to say their ex was a narcissist or their boss is. It's become overused 'pop' term to throw people you don't like into it seems.

Last edited:
I think many of you are setting yourselves up for a healthy dose of disappointment. Not unlike the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve predictions. This honestly seems like a GT HD/GT5 Prologue situation, more than its own thing (with tracks not in GT7). If there are any differences it will be in the UI/progression, and of course a much smaller "bite sized" experience (like the aforementioned 2 games). I'm guessing it's more about showcasing GT7 features/tracks/cars, to entice new players. Not, a small collection of new cars/tracks, that aren't in GT7. The only way I could see that happening, is if "My First GT" is released with same day updates for GT7 (or a short time later). In some ways this is GT7 Epilogue. Although that implies the end of GT7's life cycle, rather than in the middle, as it seems to be. Anyway... That's my .02

;)
I agree generally.

My First GT is a way to bring new players into the Gran Turismo ecosystem with curated GT7 content. In addition I expect GT7 will get a tech & content refresh to coincide with PS5 Pro. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect the biggest single update so far. Skipping a few months gives PD leeway to bundle something special.

What that means for GT7 in ‘25 I’m not sure. Would be reasonable to expect fewer updates as PD’s full focus switches to GT8.

Last edited:
I think many of you are setting yourselves up for a healthy dose of disappointment. Not unlike the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve predictions. This honestly seems like a GT HD/GT5 Prologue situation, more than it's own thing (with tracks not in GT7). If there are any differences it will be in the UI/progression, and of course a much smaller "bite sized" experience (like the aforementioned 2 games). I'm guessing it's more about showcasing GT7 features/tracks/cars, to entice new players. Not, a small collection of new cars/tracks, that aren't in GT7. The only way I could see that happening, is if "My First GT" is released with same day updates for GT7 (or a short time later). In some ways this is GT7 Epilogue. Although that implies the end of GT7's life cycle, rather than in the middle, as it seems to be. Anyway... That's my .02

;)
To be fair to the Gilles Villeneuve predictions, that was at least based off of a purported leak that had it in, so it was at least logical that people knew that, saw Montreal as a GTWS venue and put what they thought was 2+2 together.

(Now, said purported leak notably did not have Eiger Nordwand in it. So maybe the lesson should just be to not immediately believe every time someone posts a spreadsheet they allege is leaked game data...)

To be fair to the Gilles Villeneuve predictions, that was at least based off of a purported leak that had it in, so it was at least logical that people knew that, saw Montreal as a GTWS venue and put what they thought was 2+2 together.

(Now, said purported leak notably did not have Eiger Nordwand in it. So maybe the lesson should just be to not immediately believe every time someone posts a spreadsheet they allege is leaked game data...)
A different datamine list did have Eiger Nordwand in, however those were believed to be dormant leftover files unrelated to the current version. Makes me wonder if Polyphony kept those old files in for the purpose of reminding themselves of places they want to revisit in the future, like the Grand Canyon.

Time of day list (GT Sport 1.47):

Tracks featured:
  • Grand Canyon (Listed as "PS2")
  • High Speed Ring
  • Eiger Nordwand (Listed as "Short". Possibly different file from the one now in-game)
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Goodwood (Listed as "Revival Circuit". This is the same as the "Motor Circuit" from what I know, so likely not new from the time of the post)
  • "Akasaka Short" (Possible relation to the area of Tokyo R246)
  • "Driving Park 02 & 03" (Possible relation to the Kyoto Driving Park. Maybe existing layouts, or from when they were updating the scenery for GT7)
  • Road Atlanta
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • "Test PWY Oval 4 & 5" (Could be a place where the developers test things like physics and lighting. Oval 4 has a "Rainy Test" option listed, which no in-game oval currently has)
  • Cape Ring
  • Mid-Field Raceway
  • Grand Valley 1 (The "1" could be referring to "Highway 1" going by the way it's listed. No use of the word "Speedway")

Time of day list (GT Sport 1.61):

Tracks featured:
  • Watkins Glen
  • Daytona (Tri-Oval & Road Course)

Scapes data (February 2022):

Tracks featured:
  • Watkins Glen
  • Albert Park
  • Daytona
  • Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Other things I can't find the original posts for, but have images:
unknown.jpg

SPOILER_nccetkcxotcb1.jpg

Tracks featured:
  • Grand Valley
  • Red Rock Valley

Updates

Thanks to @Nakano219 for finding this one (GT7 1.36):

Tracks featured:
  • Catalunya Layouts (No Chicane, National & Rallycross)
  • Grand Valley (Many versions. Most of them probably dormant or for testing purposes)
  • Lake Louise
  • Zell am See (An Ice racing track in Austria)
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • "Test Tanaka 01" (Could be the name of a developer)

Thanks to @tankuroded for finding this one (GT7 1.26):

Tracks featured:
* Nürburgring Layouts (Sprint & Endurance)

So far these have predicted:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Eiger Nordwand (possibly different file)
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • Grand Valley
  • Watkins Glen
  • Daytona
  • Lake Louise
  • Extra Catalunya Layouts
  • Extra Nürburgring Layouts

Not too sure about Spa's 24h layout, but maybe that was overlooked in the code at the time as it's pretty much identical to normal Spa.

That being the case, all new circuits from the start of GT7 (including new launch tracks) up until now, were found among these lists.

Interesting to also note that Circuit Gilles Villeneuve appeared in 2 places rather than 1 (Scapes, & Time of Day), perhaps lending it more credibility.

As always though, there is no certainty until something is officially added into the game and made playable. Don't set concrete expectations from stuff like this. That's how people get disappointed.
Think of them more as a "maybe" than a "definite", as certain files could just be dormant.

Last edited:
B80
Highly focused, competitive disciplined and somewhat single minded... highly likely imo. You don't get to the top of the field in any arena by half arsing it. After all don't hundreds of thousands, if not millions buy and play the game.

Some no doubt have some genetic ability/gift for racing. But you still need to put in the time/work to get anywhere near to the level they're operating at.

As I say, same goes for any field whether this being a pro footballer, md for an investment bank etc.

Iirc it was Fraga (sorry if wrong) who I heard interviewed on a podcast few years ago. He went into ridiculous hours he put into gt games, trying to improve, shave nths of seconds off. To the point he was/nearly made himself depressed/unwell. Problem with hobbies turning serious/professional... fun/enjoyment can disapate as you go deeper and deeper into it.
As I say sorry if wrong. It was a fairky prominent gt driver.

That's not to say some aren't narcissists or harbouring other kinds of 'illness' of course. But it's not a mandatory in being successful. Some/many are no doubt decent people... humble, respectful of competition.... whilst still having that drive to be the best. Narcissists have zero empathy.

I can only assume the author of the 'accusation' doesn't truely know meaning of the word... tbf it seems a term to almost roll your eyes at these days doesn't it. Every other person seems to say their ex was a narcissist or their boss is. It's become overused 'pop' term to throw people you don't like into it seems.

As someone who studied a module on sociopaths and profiling serial murderers, I agree about the overuse of complicated terminology.

What's really interesting is if you complete any of the online tests for them. Obviously anyone with a modicum of sense would realise you can't diagnose anything from a multiple choice answer to a simplified question... Yet, it has become culturally ingrained to leap to such conclusions.

Delete please. Sorry, unessecary post/tangent;)

Last edited:
A different datamine list did have Eiger Nordwand in, however those were believed to be dormant leftover files unrelated to the current version. Makes me wonder if Polyphony kept those old files in for the purpose of reminding themselves of places they want to revisit in the future, like the Grand Canyon.

Time of day list (GT Sport 1.47):

Time of day list (GT Sport 1.61):

Scapes data:

Other things I can't find the original posts for, but have images:

View attachment 1387410
View attachment 1387411

So far these have predicted:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Eiger Nordwand (possibly different file)
  • Deep Forest Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • Grand Valley
  • Watkins Glen
  • Daytona

I can't find where it was, but I seem to also recall something listed as "test_snow_oval" at one point, which likely became Lake Louise.

That being the case, all circuits from the start of GT7 (including new launch tracks) up until now, were found among these lists.

Interesting to also note that Circuit Gilles Villeneuve appeared in 2 places rather than 1 (Scapes, & Time of Day), perhaps lending it more credibility.

As always though, there is no certainty until something is officially added into the game and made playable. Don't set concrete expectations from stuff like this. That's how people get disappointed.
Think of them more as a "maybe" than a "definite".
This post seems to be the origin of the Gilles Villeneuve rumours from a quick search. I remember that list because there was debate around whether the "tanaka" above it was referring to Okayama or the name of the developer working on it.

This post seems to be the origin of the Gilles Villeneuve rumours from a quick search. I remember that list because there was debate around whether the "tanaka" above it was referring to Okayama or the name of the developer working on it.
Nice find! I've added it to my compiled list, crediting you for finding the post.
Just missing where the extra Nürburgring layouts were found, and if the Spa 24h layout was ever leaked at all.

Last edited:
Nice find! I've added it to my compiled list, crediting you for finding the post.
Just missing where the extra Nürburgring layouts were found, and if the Spa 24h layout was ever leaked at all.
Nurburgring Endurance and Sprint accidentally showed up in Showcase filter in 1.26:

There are videos of incomplete Nurburgring (and Catalunya) layouts before that, too.

The GT bot is the one you can get from rescuing it in Astro's Playroom:

And yes, there's a MTGP one you can rescue too...

nice improvements but 800€ is way too much :/

The PS5 Pro console will be available this holiday at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $699.99 USD, £699.99 GBP, €799.99 EUR, and ¥119,980 JPY (includes tax). It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro’s Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.

2TB ssd but without disc drive for 800€

Last edited:
Back