Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,111 comments
$700 ps5 pro + $80 for the disk drive + ps5 pro stand = $800 plus is it really worth it. I don't think so, how many developers are going to actually use the full ps5 pro upgrades?

Well at least the disc drive, my question now being answered can be fitted. The big problem is just the numbers. Take it down 100 and I'd be a lot happier.

$700 ps5 pro + $80 for the disk drive + ps5 pro stand = $800 plus is it really worth it. I don't think so, how many developers are going to actually use the full ps5 pro upgrades?
For the price I'd expect at least the stand to be included. Ridiculous it's separate.

In terms of upgrade use I imagine most will use it as it seem to require very little other than just maxing fidelity and framerate effectively. The capability of the games is already there, just can do it together now.

800€ is a fairly high price, but taking into account that the official GT7 steering wheel with pedals is well over 1,500€, I suppose that in a forum like this it will be less shocking than in other areas.
It is still just an option for the niche that wants to play GT7 in the best conditions and not for a general public.

It would be interesting to know more details about the improvements in GT7. For example, does the fact that the reflections are in real time in the race mean that the rearview mirrors will behave in a real way and reflect the interior of the vehicle and the driver himself depending on the angles? Will the LOD transition be improved? How will the resolution or framerate improve in PSVR2?...

Let's see if they provide more details and comparison videos.

£699 in sterling. I didn't catch it all, is it purely digital or we can add the disc drive on?
Comes without a disc drive, but the existing add-on is compatible.

Last edited:
Thanks Famine. I'm also searching for confirmation of an SSD expansion slot. It would seem like a foregone conclusion but nothings for certain at this point. I'm sure the proper specs will arrive before preorders.

£700, no disc drive, a bit of reflection and the ability to make my games even blurrier with upscaling. Yummy! I think I will pass.

This upscaling fad has been nothing but a horrid excuse to keep games unoptimised whilst making them look lower resolution than a game that came out 20 years ago. More of that is the last thing I want.

Thanks Famine. I'm also searching for confirmation of an SSD expansion slot. It would seem like a foregone conclusion but nothings for certain at this point. I'm sure the proper specs will arrive before preorders.
i am sure it will have ssd expansion slot it would make zero sense without it

From a purely personal point of view I'm glad it's that expensive, because it stops me from considering it when I shouldn't be anyway.

There's nothing there I need, but at £500 I probably would have caved and bought it. At £700 there's way too many useful things to do with that kind of money so I can skip it without being tempted to buy something I don't need.

I personally never buy the Pro versions of consoles anyway.
The target audience here is the real hardcore (or "Pro") gamers that already have that kind of money to spend.
I'd imagine the majority of big YouTubers that have a PS5 will switch to the Pro, for example.
The next console that will be aimed at a wider audience will naturally be the PS6, sometime in the 2030's

Gran Turismo 7 was maybe the most stunning demo of all, because it added two new modes. 8K gameplay on an 80-inch screen made me wonder how this could be used for sim racing setups with massive displays. Ray tracing, finally added into GT7's gameplay in another 4K mode, made crowded races with cars feel even more real. I was so hypnotized by looking at car finishes that I kept crashing.
CNET

Last edited:
I personally never buy the Pro versions of consoles anyway.
The target audience here is the real hardcore (or "Pro") gamers that already have that kind of money to spend.
I'd imagine the majority of big YouTubers that have a PS5 will switch to the Pro, for example.
The next console that will be aimed at a wider audience will naturally be the PS6, sometime in the 2030's
And they choose NOT to get a PC? Strange folks.

And what exactly is your problem @Nielsen?

Last edited:
£700, no disc drive, a bit of reflection and the ability to make my games even blurrier with upscaling. Yummy! I think I will pass.

This upscaling fad has been nothing but a horrid excuse to keep games unoptimised whilst making them look lower resolution than a game that came out 20 years ago. More of that is the last thing I want.
High quality AI upscaling often delivers a better image than native 4K, ie trackside fences, foliage etc. PSSR, like DLSS before it, is a complete gamechanger and will be able to run on unpatched older titles.

Whether people want to jump in right now, at this price point, is another matter. But the technology being delivered will be a significant improvement.

High quality AI upscaling often delivers a better image than native 4K, ie trackside fences, foliage etc. PSSR, like DLSS before it, is a complete gamechanger and will be able to run on unpatched older titles.

Whether people want to jump in right now, at this price point, is another matter. But the technology being delivered will be a significant improvement.
Every piece of technology is a gamechanger or significant improvement if it's used in it's 100% ideal perfect scenario with no downgrades. Unfortunately, I have never seen it implemented in a manner that to me, makes it worth any of the time and effort that has been put into developing it. It always looks like crap.

Lol okay that's dumb. I guess I just heard Astro and assumed the new one because anything else would be stupid.
As Astro's Playroom - which is basically a DualSense tech demo, but a game - is bundled with all PS5s anyway, I assumed it would be included with the PS5 Pro. It doesn't seem dreadful that they're confirming that.

As Astro's Playroom - which is basically a DualSense tech demo, but a game - is bundled with all PS5s anyway, I assumed it would be included with the PS5 Pro. It doesn't seem dreadful that they're confirming that.
I love Astros playroom! Even played rescue mission in VR with my son. Just seems silly to not include the most recent, technically improved release with the shiny upgraded console you just unveiled to help justify the larger price tag.

Back