Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,489 comments
I am still far from proficient on many tracks we already have so I don't mind not being showered with new tracks, IMHO it is more about what to do and with what cars that makes a track enjoyable and I don't mind re-using a track a lot, as long as I have fun on it.

And there's been a lot of tracks I used to dislike and thus not use much, where I changed my mind, wether being "forced" to use them on TTs, or with the Titans during our sunday races.

As for cars, I feel a bit the same than with tracks. Lots of them are unused and I have plenty to discover and learn.

On the other hand there are a lot of things that could be improved in this game if only PD cared to :

1. AI and race format (chase the rabbit, rubberbanding, fair-play)
  2. Career, championships, utility of most licenses
  3. Economy
  4. Roulette
  5. Invites
  6. Selling engines and parts
  7. Collector level not improving beyond 50 (and tickets stats improving accordingly)
  8. Distance driven absent
  9. Better filters while browsing cars to sell
  10. Better filters while browsing the showcase
  11. ...

The things I could pat PD on the back for would be:

- Shopping Cart.
I should be able to add as many cars to a shopping cart my acquired credits allow.

- one click car upgrades that coincide with Styles.
If I can add a whole bunch of parts and skins to a car, all the performance upgrades I bought for said car should transfer just the same. We even get a notification advising additional parts will cost X Credits before accepting a Style from another player.

- one click performance settings transfer.
I literally zone out when I adjust settings on twenty, thirty, forty of the same car after I buy them. Let me select and click my duplicates to apply same set up in one go.

I'm not asking for much.

The things I could pat PD on the back for would be:

- Shopping Cart.
I should be able to add as many cars to a shopping cart my acquired credits allow.

- one click car upgrades that coincide with Styles.
If I can add a whole bunch of parts and skins to a car, all the performance upgrades I bought for said car should transfer just the same. We even get a notification advising additional parts will cost X Credits before accepting a Style from another player.

- one click performance settings transfer.
I literally zone out when I adjust settings on twenty, thirty, forty of the same car after I buy them. Let me select and click my duplicates to apply same set up in one go.

I'm not asking for much.
I'd like to see Custom Races improved, and especially the requirement to own multiple copies of the same car just to be able to run different liveries.

At the moment, one can race against a full field of the same car (with the same livery), so creating 'temporary dupes' is clearly not the problem. But if you want these to have custom liveries, they need to be selected from the garage with the livery already applied. Being able to create temporary duplicates and apply different liveries would make Custom Races much easier/quicker to set up.

-

I also thought about one-click car upgrades, and figured that the Tuning shop could have car-specific tuning packs, like Manthey for the Porsche 911. That would be pretty cool, and much easier than manually adding parts and then tuning the car.

I'd like to see Custom Races improved, and especially the requirement to own multiple copies of the same car just to be able to run different liveries.

At the moment, one can race against a full field of the same car (with the same livery), so creating 'temporary dupes' is clearly not the problem. But if you want these to have custom liveries, they need to be selected from the garage with the livery already applied. Being able to create temporary duplicates and apply different liveries would make Custom Races much easier/quicker to set up.

-

I also thought about one-click car upgrades, and figured that the Tuning shop could have car-specific tuning packs, like Manthey for the Porsche 911. That would be pretty cool, and much easier than manually adding parts and then tuning the car.
Many of us say it's so weird of PD to not add certain options. The Favourites option is not implemented well. If we could access a favourite livery while building a one make grid, that'd help.

We save a Style, but if it's a widebody, I can't transform a normal body car to the Style in one click. Nice that I get a notification to advise the widebody Style won't work on the normal car. Just go the next step and ask if I'd like to proceed with the complete widebody and Style conversion.

A really nice change would be if the parts/engine tickets allowed you to redeem it against the car of your choice, rather than some random car I usually have no interest in.

Speaking of Custom Races, I'd surely be sounding like a broken record with this one, but all cars being available as rental cars in Quick Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial and Custom Race could work hand in hand with this one.

Especially with the car selection of the opponents in Custom Races, similarly to Assetto Corsa, you can hand-pick their cars as well as their pre-set colors and liveries, like for example, should you wish to do a one-make race, you should be able to do just that.

I also like the idea of "duplicating" cars, like in Midnight Club 3. That way, you can design and build multiple styles of the same car without breaking the bank.

-

Amen !

Many of us say it's so weird of PD to not add certain options. The Favourites option is not implemented well. If we could access a favourite livery while building a one make grid, that'd help.

We save a Style, but if it's a widebody, I can't transform a normal body car to the Style in one click. Nice that I get a notification to advise the widebody Style won't work on the normal car. Just go the next step and ask if I'd like to proceed with the complete widebody and Style conversion.
I haven't thought about it much, but there really are a shocking amount of QoL features that PD have left to the wayside - even some that were in previous games!

We can't apply upgrades in the settings menu when we could in GT5 and 6. When trying to enter a track with the wrong set of tyres, the game doesn't offer to switch the tyres for us, while GT4 featured it loud and proud. The 0.0 camera sensitivity option from Sport hasn't even been mentioned since. It's almost like they don't want you to do things outside of the dedicated places for such things!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back