Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Really loving all these cup liveries you're creating.
You sparked my interest in doing more colours of the same livery.
Probably going to do something similar soon, creating a cup a giving each car another main sponsor.

Speaking of Z GT4. Just finished this up, available if anyone wants it. Went with the smaller wing because of how short it is on the actual car, and no rear diffuser because GT4 rules.

1664520553088.png

1664520573913.png

Last edited:
Hi all,

I spend a lot of my GT time making liveries rather than racing. It's my chill out activity I guess. Mainly replica and mainly Australian V8 Supercars, but I like to dabble elsewhere too.

This may have been covered earlier, but I am not in a position to go through every post, especially when i'm not sure what the correct search term really would be.

The limit on uploaded decals is as we all know, a bit absurd. Is that what the 'Save Style' funtion is for in the GT Auto menu? Does that essentially mean Yes save this for good, so I can delete the decals to make space for others, but they wont disappear from the car?

That's really all I need to know. I have a lot of works in progress. All missing a decal here and there. I just hope its not an 'Either/or' thing

Thank you all!

Hi all,

I spend a lot of my GT time making liveries rather than racing. It's my chill out activity I guess. Mainly replica and mainly Australian V8 Supercars, but I like to dabble elsewhere too.

This may have been covered earlier, but I am not in a position to go through every post, especially when i'm not sure what the correct search term really would be.

The limit on uploaded decals is as we all know, a bit absurd. Is that what the 'Save Style' funtion is for in the GT Auto menu? Does that essentially mean Yes save this for good, so I can delete the decals to make space for others, but they wont disappear from the car?

That's really all I need to know. I have a lot of works in progress. All missing a decal here and there. I just hope its not an 'Either/or' thing

Thank you all!
There's no decal limit on GT7. I have 55 pages for now.

Never delete a decal used on a car or it will disappear from any livery you made, shared or not.

'save style' is the step you need to go through to share your livery (+wheels+parts) to the community, or only to your friends.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you all!
No worries, you can upload all decals you need. It seems GT7 don't have decal limitation.
The only limit is when you have a lot of heavy liveries (with lot of decals on the car) in your garage, it will slow your game start loading a bit... only.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1990 Mazda RX-7 DTM "Team Toshiba Castrol" #63
driven by E.Linder. Fictive livery.
- link -

20829155380253738.jpg

-

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221001181636.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221001181654.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221001181710.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221001181601.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you all!
I did this and I broke all of my liveries, I do not recommend this.

Hi all,

Thank you all!
“Save Style” is there if you want to save yours or someone else’s livery (that you may or may not have modified) without going to the Discover section. I’m guessing with how the system works, you can use that livery (stored in your styles) even if the original author deleted it. The only limit is the amount of decals you can place on your car.

Hi all,

Thank you all!
You can "delete" decals saved to your collection - but deleting a decal you've uploaded personally will delete it from the GT database and it'll vanish. Same goes if you're using some else's decal and they delete it. "Save Style" basically locks the car in that configuration: wheels, custom parts, racing items, other items, and livery will all appear as when you save the style. If your livery maxes out the decal limit, saving the style won't allow you to add more decals - the limit on decals in the editor is what it is.

Looking for advice on how to make an accurate carbon/Kevlar finish. I'm making the axel.turbo Rotavette and it has a clear carbon/Kevlar body. I tried using the carbon twill with a bronze/gold colored overlay but it just makes it look like a bronze carbon.

20970257661349802.jpg

20970281448106099.jpg

Any ideas??

Looking for advice on how to make an accurate carbon/Kevlar finish. I'm making the axel.turbo Rotavette and it has a clear carbon/Kevlar body. I tried using the carbon twill with a bronze/gold colored overlay but it just makes it look like a bronze carbon.

View attachment 1197693
View attachment 1197692

Any ideas??
Try HSV 65/39/61 or something around there for the overlay decal.

Last edited:
Hi all,

@krisduv, @zeptrans, @huff, @Pluvillion, @MidnightRun85, Thank you for clearing that question up for me about decals and max capacity, and not to delete anything unless I fancy a headache etc. It's great knowing that I can now create to my hearts content
You are welcome! Also, to minimize headaches, I highly suggest importing premade decals of a certain group so you don’t have to manually do it (arches, shapes - that kinda stuff).

24BC3C22-A8BD-4269-A6A6-BD3A98C596B7.jpeg
002BC6A0-CEC2-479E-B91D-8145CA24FC12.jpeg

I haven’t seen anyone recreating the Tamiya model livery yet so I made it myself. I saved my money for this legend and I’m so happy she’s in my garage now.

My apologies if the number on the hood isn’t transparent — there’s just no outline of the same shape that I could find and I think I’d lose it if I were to manually make the outline myself.

Here’s the livery!

I wonder if the GTWS liveries are publicly available for use? I would love to use the livery for Seelan’s Vulcan from the Nations showdown…

There's no decal limit on GT7. I have 55 pages for now.

Never delete a decal used on a car or it will disappear from any livery you made, shared or not.

'save style' is the step you need to go through to share your livery (+wheels+parts) to the community, or only to your friends.
When i add a decal via the website,the first one in my collection disappears,is there only a limit on how many to view on the website ?
I thought there was no limit to how many decals you can store?Im a little confused.com.lol

When i add a decal via the website,the first one in my collection disappears,is there only a limit on how many to view on the website ?
I thought there was no limit to how many decals you can store?Im a little confused.com.lol
I meant no limit on how many personal decals you can upload, not how many you can download/add to your collection. I don't know about that limit, I don't really use others players' decals.

How many pages of decals have you got in your collection? I've got 9 pages and it isn't doing that for me.
On my consoles i have,i think,3 or 4 pages but if i go onto gran turismo.com i only have 1 page.If i download a decal from someone it nudges one out.It only seems to do it on the website so i assume its a known issue,i`ll check on my console later on.

On my consoles i have,i think,3 or 4 pages but if i go onto gran turismo.com i only have 1 page.If i download a decal from someone it nudges one out.It only seems to do it on the website so i assume its a known issue,i`ll check on my console later on.
Yeah thats a website issue. I can't navigate more than one page on the website. It's broked and they don't seem to want to fix it.

Huge thanks to @krisduv the Wizard for his help with the Power Craft logo on this one.

RE Amemiya Chantez Cappuccino

Back in the early 70s, Mazda had wanted to use a Wankel Rotary engine in their Kei car, the Chantez, to technically remain within the highly restrictive displacement limits for Kei cars while offering much more power than a conventional piston engine within said restrictions. That had not come to pass, but Amemiya Isami, founder of the famed RE Amemiya tuning shop, took it upon himself to stick a NA 2 Rotor out of an RX-7 into the Kei car, resulting in a fire breathing monster that lapped Tsukuba in the 1:06 range. We might never get the car in GT7, but perhaps a 2 Rotor Cappuccino wearing its style might be the next best thing.

Araiyakushi-mae__1.jpeg

Underground Parking Lot_.jpeg

Livery link:

Back