Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding the physics fix introduced in 1.52 ... "The behavioural models for the suspensions and the steering have been adjusted to prevent front lift during cornering and oversteer during braking", I was able to compare the PP figures of 257 road cars with the previous 1.49/1.50 numbers and 94 of those checked had changed.

There seems to be a pattern that...
  • all FF-drivetrain cars were changed
  • the majority of 4WD-cars were changed
  • only a few FR/MR cars were changed

Drove a whole array of different cars yesterday.. All of them drove great! I love the current physics. I'm on the G29 though and I drive everything stock pretty much all the time.

Last edited:
There is still a big underlying issue going on with this model when a vehicles suspension is being pushed to its limits. I drove an EVO III in the Colorado springs dirt race with close to stock suspension and it would repeatedly bounce after pretty much any jump. Often the front would bounce two or three times when the car came back to the ground.

This is the THIRD rebound hop after a small jump.
EVO III.jpg

Early in the lap there's a dip on the left side of the track formed by a little out-road that kicks the car up when you hit it. Most times I can use this to upset the car and really hammer it in to the next downhill right corner, but in the case of the EVO it catapults the rear up into the air so hard it stands on its nose. It's like some cars have pinball bumpers on top of their springs that rocket you to space once you "hit them" (suspension compression). Very strange.

A "minor" rear hop... haha
EVO III 2.jpg

And a nose wheelie
EVO III 3.jpg

I was hoping they were going to make some deeper changes to the model and really polish things up while getting rid of clear issues, but it looks like they're still there. I still like GT7s handling a great deal, but it would be nice if new updates wouldn't be a step in the wrong direction and instead made it better.

And I know tuning can sort some issues out, but we shouldn't have to do a bunch of adjustments to simply make cars drivable.

Cars hitting the curbs so much better.

Even PD have the 190 E DTM two-wheeling in the Weekly Race at Nurburgring Sprint.

Back