Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 406 comments
At first glance, it looks like there's not much difference except for reflective surfaces. When they zoom in though, Pro using PSSR but with a lower native resolution makes it look worse to me, which is concerning because when you drive on a rig, the TV/monitor is placed a lot closer than the typical living room TV viewing distance. I'm curious to see if and how much Pro improves the 120fps mode and VR mode, but DF didn't get to see that. I'm gonna wait it out, not pre-ordering.
As of the last system update I am now seeing 120fps consistently at 1440 VRR, so they may have enabled AMD's FSR by default and now are just using extra headroom for some add'l nearest car rendering in the extra cycles they now have.

I'm so tired of modern gaming. They could have given us 32 cars on track but instead we get whatever the hell this is.
Figuring out how to add so many cars nowadays is like way harder than it was a couple decades ago though. You know, AI gippities confirm it. only iRacing has cracked the code to allow a mere 63 cars... but who would even notice 5x the cars on a track?! Who could even count them, I mean what are we some kind of super freaks with 30 fingers on each hand?! We know for a factual fakity fact fact that we all have super vision and can discern the difference between 4K and 8K at over 3.1415 meters, so clearly their math to go with guraficks was perfectly normal and provable algebraically.

Last edited:
I hope that the few pop-ups that GT7 has will disappear with the Pro.
RT is just such a thing on images it often doesn't make much difference, because it lives mainly from the dynamics. It also tends to be noticed subconsciously.
It's simply a step closer to photorealism. Personally, I don't necessarily need it there, but I'll take it if it's there.

I can see the 8K is actually more sharper which makes sense since its AI upscaled but its showing that GT7 already looked great just the minor issues like TAA ghosting etc
8k will make sense for those with very large TVs. Anything more than a 43inch screen or 54cm tall screen will see an improvement. 8k means you can have a screen size of 85+ inches or 114cm tall before you start to lose resolution

I'm
This generation has been such an absolute waste. I'm genuinely regretting picking up the PS5 as the months go on...
I agree the promise of games using the PS5's power have been poor. I'm a day one purchase and I'm still hopeful developers will finally let go of the PS4 leash and start using It's true potential. I bought a PS4 pro but have zero interest in the 5 pro and honestly can't see a difference but I'm in my 50's so eyesight is on a downward spiral. I've bought the WD black 2t ssd and installed all my PS4 games on it I still play. The load times on the PS5 are very impressive so I don't regret buying it but will soon upgrade my games room TV to 4k 120hrz instead of buying a pro.

Looking at the pictures I struggle to see anything there that will encourage me to shell out £700.

I think if you have to look hard to see differences from one version to another then it’s not worth it. Nobody will notice it in the heat of a race anyway so it’s pointless.

There are plenty of gameplay improvements which could be made that will have an immediate and discernible impact on the enjoyability of the game which are being ignored.

Finally as someone who historically has been an early adopter, I’m increasingly cynical when it comes to new hardware especially given how PSVR2 was hyped and then seemingly abandoned, with no apparent updates/improvements or other racing games in the pipeline supporting it.

PSVR2 remains for me a phenomenal experience but one which has, for me, ruined flat screen racing games by leading us town a technological dead end which promised so much but was abandoned by developers and seemingly PD, who once proudly claimed that GT7 was built from the ground up with VR in mind.

It could well be that the original 1.5 patch was switched to a different branch to make way for the bug fix. Then Sony could have confirmed the go live date for the PS5 Pro which was most likely another development branch. So the original 1.5 and the pro update (plus anything else finished for deployment) could well be merged into the next 1.51 branch

I don't think DF covered this, but is the Pro Upgrade going to include Physical Mirrors in the cockpit view? I'm also kinda disappointed that only the cars are getting the RT treatment and not the trackside elements as well, which would explain why we didn't get any rain footage.

I think the coming GT demo is nothing to do with GT7, its the new Gran Turismo.
Even without the blogpost marketing it as a GT7 trial, the thing that deconfirms this is the demo being on PS4.

Sony seem done with crossgen for first-party now - Helldivers, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Astro Bot, LEGO Horizon all are 2024 SIE-published games and all are not on PS4. Also Concord while it existed. So they wouldn't then go back to it for the next GT.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back