Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 283 comments
It was a fantastic console but 11 years later it’s time to let it go.
GT7 still runs fine on it but I don’t get it when people still requesting new releases on such an old hardware.
I'll let go if you give me 799€ to buy the PS5 Pro:). Actually I'll take the optical drive too!
It's insane that they're still trying to rip people off with no physical media. Imagine if you get banned on the account you bought all your digital games.

Last edited:
I'll let go if you give me 799€ to buy the PS5 Pro:). Actually I'll take the optical drive too!
It's insane that they're trying to rip people off with no physical media. Imagine if you get banned on the account you bought all your digital games.
You still can buy a normal PS5 too. You'd gain a lot in terms of loading times. (And surely in other areas, but to me low loading times is really a great feature)

You still can buy a normal PS5 too. You'd gain a lot in terms of loading times. (And surely in other areas, but to me low loading times is really a great feature)
It really is. I'm thinking about it. Maybe I'll wait for the PS5 prices to drop (if they ever will). For now I'm playing FM2023 on Series X.

It's insane that they're still trying to rip people off with no physical media. Imagine if you get banned on the account you bought all your digital games.
No need for the pro. You’re fine with the base ps5. I don’t need to give anyone money, that’s your own business :)

No need for the pro. You’re fine with the base ps5. I don’t need to give anyone money, that’s your own business :)
Then I'll keep playing on PS4 since it's working fine except the loading times. Someone on the previous page talked about end of service of the PS4 but I don't see any proof yet. Too many people still playing it. Like the PS2 when the PS3 was out.
I don't spend money and change stuff unless I really need to. Take my old car for example...This summer it broke down 2 times and it left me on the highway. I gave 250€ to a mechanic and 260€ to a second mechanic. 510€ and then the car was still not running fine to get back home. Why keep wasting money on my garbage Fiat? That was the time to let go and scrap it.

Aiming at 8K while 4k has had asterisks for 2 generations is ridiculous.
It's a ridiculously high target and it won't benefit most people, but there is an "8K" logo on most PS5 boxes (recently removed so they can slap it on PS5 Pro boxes), it's about time somebody made an effort to actually use it.

Think of it as the continuation of PDs legacy of outlandish, bleeding edge tech features included mainly for their own office setups: 6-player GT3 that requires a 6-port IEEE 1394 hub, 1080i support in GT4 and TT (not for PAL), triple (and quintuple!!) monitor support in GT5/6. 8K support is in for Kaz's TV.

I'd be interested to see if 8K is extended to 4-player split screen, which already runs at 4K(ish?) at 80-105fps on PS5, and especially interested in 8K race photos. Mmm, 33 megapixels...

The reason people still play on PS4 is incredibly simple, there are barely any exclusive PS5 titles.

The PS+ catalog often contains not only PS4 titles, but PS4 titles from as old as 9 years ago. Why should people bother? (E.g Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts)

If you really want to see evidence... go back to the PS5 Pro announcement, they used The Last of Us Part II as one of their big improvements. A game released PS4, then "remastered" on PS5. Rumours are that The Last of Us original is also receiving this supposed upgrade. So a game released on PS3, remastered on PS4, then re-remastered on PS5...

So, why use PS4? Because, much like Sega with the Mega Drive/Genesis, Sony refuse to move on from it. There is no incentive for the audience because the software remains active.

But, everyone knows it's faster and better, why not upgrade? That's what you all say, right? Well, how many people upgrade their kettle, toaster or television just because a newer faster one is at market? I don't know any.

The kettle will bubble, shake and spit, but still boil water. The toaster will glow, be seven inches deep with crumbs, but still toast bread. The TV will have visible light spots, scan lines or clipping sound, but it'll still display inages.

The PS4 will be louder than an aircraft, slower than a security checkpoint in Venezuela and low res as a ten year old laptop running Cyberpunk. But, it still playa new software.

That's why

Last edited:
Exactly my way of thinking ( ̄へ ̄)

Btw here is my kettle =

kettle.jpg

But, everyone knows it's faster and better, why not upgrade? That's what you all say, right? Well, how many people upgrade their kettle, toaster or television just because a newer faster one is at market? I don't know any.

I know, I presume my butler uses a kettle and and toaster to make my breakfast. But there is no way I am spending money on a younger butler to bring it to my bed quicker. I am quite proud that I am patient with my domestic staff.

I know, I presume my butler uses a kettle and and toaster to make my breakfast. But there is no way I am spending money on a younger butler to bring it to my bed quicker. I am quite proud that I am patient with my domestic staff.
Well so long as the staff are not falling foul of peregrinating out of bounds without permission, or co-habiting with other individuals, such unflappable faith in one's charge is to be admired.

I can confirm it makes a big difference on pad.

It’s how I play on my system. It’s mad actually how much of a step up it is from 60hz
What do you feel in the pad? with a FFB wheel, there is are haptics synched with the display that I use to evaluate the feel.

Back