Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 211 comments
PS5 Pro has dedicated RT hardware that’s 2-3x more potent than base PS5. Devs can also extract 10% more performance from the CPU.

Even at this early stage, the expectation is most games will run in Quality mode (or better), while hitting 60FPS, often more stable than base PS5, running in Performance mode.

Each dev will do what’s best for them, some good implementations, others the absolute minimum required. But PSSR is a tech that will be updated, which in turn will improve every title using the upscaler.

PS4 Pro offered a modest resolution bump, and more stable performance. There were very few titles that saw framerates double from 30-60fps. PS5 Pro will offer more substantial image quality improvements and double the framerate (compared to Quality mode). That’s before we factor improvements for graphical effects, RT etc. Those will be more prominent for titles designed with PS5 Pro in mind.

The FFVII rebirth footage comparison is quite disingenuous as it actually shows how poorly optimised that game itself was more than the pro buff.

Plus... this is all video, there is no actual physical gameplay here. It would not be the first time a game looked absolutely mesmerising to then be majorly nerfed. Look at Watchdogs original E3 for proof of that

The FFVII rebirth footage comparison is quite disingenuous as it actually shows how poorly optimised that game itself was more than the pro buff.

Plus... this is all video, there is no actual physical gameplay here. It would not be the first time a game looked absolutely mesmerising to then be majorly nerfed. Look at Watchdogs original E3 for proof of that
The poor optimalization is the main reason why I will buy PS5 pro. Right now, most of the 60 fps performance modes actually run at 40-60 fps (Cyberpunk, Space Marine, TDU this one is more like 10-40 fps). I hope with PS5 pro I will actually hit the 60 fps in performance modes at least in 1080p with all my games.

Back