Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Pro Update: 8K Graphics, Real-Time Ray-Tracing On Track

• Thread starter Famine
  • 219 comments
PS5 Pro has dedicated RT hardware that’s 2-3x more potent than base PS5. Devs can also extract 10% more performance from the CPU.

Even at this early stage, the expectation is most games will run in Quality mode (or better), while hitting 60FPS, often more stable than base PS5, running in Performance mode.

Each dev will do what’s best for them, some good implementations, others the absolute minimum required. But PSSR is a tech that will be updated, which in turn will improve every title using the upscaler.

PS4 Pro offered a modest resolution bump, and more stable performance. There were very few titles that saw framerates double from 30-60fps. PS5 Pro will offer more substantial image quality improvements and double the framerate (compared to Quality mode). That’s before we factor improvements for graphical effects, RT etc. Those will be more prominent for titles designed with PS5 Pro in mind.

The FFVII rebirth footage comparison is quite disingenuous as it actually shows how poorly optimised that game itself was more than the pro buff.

Plus... this is all video, there is no actual physical gameplay here. It would not be the first time a game looked absolutely mesmerising to then be majorly nerfed. Look at Watchdogs original E3 for proof of that

The FFVII rebirth footage comparison is quite disingenuous as it actually shows how poorly optimised that game itself was more than the pro buff.

Plus... this is all video, there is no actual physical gameplay here. It would not be the first time a game looked absolutely mesmerising to then be majorly nerfed. Look at Watchdogs original E3 for proof of that
The poor optimalization is the main reason why I will buy PS5 pro. Right now, most of the 60 fps performance modes actually run at 40-60 fps (Cyberpunk, Space Marine, TDU this one is more like 10-40 fps). I hope with PS5 pro I will actually hit the 60 fps in performance modes at least in 1080p with all my games.

The poor optimalization is the main reason why I will buy PS5 pro. Right now, most of the 60 fps performance modes actually run at 40-60 fps (Cyberpunk, Space Marine, TDU this one is more like 10-40 fps). I hope with PS5 pro I will actually hit the 60 fps in performance modes at least in 1080p with all my games.

I don't see how the PS5 Pro will fix poor optimisation. This machine learning AI is not something I'm convinced on, remember the promises of Sophy? I do.

If it had cost as much as the original console at launch I may have considered buying a Pro, but in Japan the price at launch is twice of what I paid for my PS5 in 2021.
There are only few games I enjoy playing, and none of them would be improved by having more pixels or better shaders.

I'll be excited to see more footage. RT reflections are nice, but if PD can get RT GI to work in real time, it will make GT7 a different experience all together. Perhaps we could have 24hr cycles on all tracks? That would be glorious.

I‘m really only interested in possible enhancements to the VR experience.
I doubt I’ll get any definitive answers until someone here gets their hands on it.

i don't think it's car reflection only, they just noted that point as it was the easiest one to notice, but they also talk about how the light reflect in the interior of cars (better for cockpit view) so it should be the global RT tech that was in replay mode.
You meant Photo Mode. In replays there are actually RT reflections only on cars. Global RT reflections + RT AO is only in Photo Mode, garage and real time cutscenes.

You meant Photo Mode. In replays there are actually RT reflections only on cars. Global RT reflections + RT AO is only in Photo Mode, garage and real time cutscenes.
I never really used replay mode more than 30 second so I thought it was the same RT across the whole game, thanks for the clarification

Latest Posts

Back