Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.11)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 83 comments
Late but no this is not changed unfortunately. Just did a custom race with modded road cars from my garage and they were all on their default tires instead of the ones I bought for them.
The AI will only upgrade to racing HARD tires if you have ANY racing compound equiped AND own racing hards for that car.
They will not use any other compound , if you have non racing compounds they default to the original compound .
So slap some racing hards on any car and the AI will use them.

Dynamic weather map seems to have changed since 1.08/9…
Different colour patches and breaks in the rain shown instead of single colour block?
Could be wrong but looks different to me
I can confirm first item. Dynamic weather map seems to work better.

Now you can temporary adjust HDR brightness for specific race you are in, Go to Pause Menu - Settings - "Temporary Exposure Correction"
That's in the notes.
Settings
  • Changed so that [Display Demonstration Ghost] setting inside [Ghost Settings] is displayed only in Licenses and the Circuit Experience.
  • Added a [Temporary Exposure Setting] to the Quick Menu settings. The [Temporary Exposure Settings] allows you to temporarily adjust the brightness of the screen in races. Exiting the quick menu will return the game to the original exposure setting.

I noticed an update to the way one of the paint schemes was displayed. I had painted my 991 GT3 RS a Ferrari gold color (forget the name off hand) and it looked like a nice slightly metallic gold previously. When I loaded it up today, it's like a glitter bomb.

It's weird, and I kind of like it, but def different than it looked previously.
IloveGold.jpg

I noticed the signage on the Route X test track have changed.

Some of us have had some / all liveries refuse to load in the editor. All the layers are gone but base paint, though the livery is still saved to the car. None of the fixes worked for me, even tried Restore Files. I tried one yesterday, and all my layers are back, able to fix one small issue. Hopefully this is good for all my cars.

According to LucasBugas, 1.08 had an issue with F1500T-A where the wing side panels are glitched like this (i.e. it appearing on the opposite inner panel, mirrored)
1649448009030.png

This is now fixed in 1.11.

I noticed an update to the way one of the paint schemes was displayed. I had painted my 991 GT3 RS a Ferrari gold color (forget the name off hand) and it looked like a nice slightly metallic gold previously. When I loaded it up today, it's like a glitter bomb.

It's weird, and I kind of like it, but def different than it looked previously.
View attachment 1135050
So instead of just a metallic color, now there's more flakes in it. Kinda cool actually 👍 Can anyone verify what that exact color that is?
Jay
I noticed the signage on the Route X test track have changed.
Can you post a screenshot of this?

I've had almost a near identical situation on a 3-star; three potential vehicles (I also didn't spot the types), two piles of coins. Won the smaller pile which was 20,000 Cr.
You posted this yesterday morning, I had same EXACT thing yesterday, 3 cars, 2 piles of coins, and I get the chump change of 5,000 cr.

Again , Not sure if it is a bug or a deliberate design choicr. But daytona on base and pro ps4 have the draw distance altered to where it looks like a ps1 game where only the road is rendered.

@Fusion @R1600Turbo @05XR8

Did some quick testing and I can confirm they use the Racing Hard tires in Custom Races if you have any sort of Racing tire equipped on that specific car. As in, if you have Racing Softs on, they'll use Racing Hards. I found that if you equipped Sport Softs, it still used Comforts? This was all tested on my old 60-70s era race cars.

It needs more thorough testing. I did not test options like Tire wear/race length, vintage vs modern cars, PP etc to see if it affects their choice.

Edit: Just wanted to make what I wrote more clear. Before, it could be interpreted that the AI cars match the tires that you have equipped on the car you are driving. This is not the case. The game refers to the tires that are currently equipped to that respective car. You can have AI cars with Comforts and Racing tires in the same race.
To add, during changing weather pit stops, AI will select a softer compound that’s available from the tyres you buy. The default tyre you selected for the AI set up(when you’ve tuned cars in your garage) will remain, at the beginning of the race. They will select the appropriate tyre for whatever wet condition and then, select the softest slick, when a dry line forms.

Again , Not sure if it is a bug or a deliberate design choicr. But daytona on base and pro ps4 have the draw distance altered to where it looks like a ps1 game where only the road is rendered.
Haven't really noticed a difference personally, though Daytona on GT7 has had bad pop-in on base PS4 since day 1. Maybe you're only noticing it now.

Haven't really noticed a difference personally, though Daytona on GT7 has had bad pop-in on base PS4 since day 1. Maybe you're only noticing it now.
I think I would have noticed the floating flags while doing the truck race for the tenth time pre 1.11

The "911 GT1" writing on the back of the Porsche 911 GT1 is back when you revert to the default livery. Earlier it dissapeared right after doing anything in GT Auto and didn't come back until now.

So instead of just a metallic color, now there's more flakes in it. Kinda cool actually 👍 Can anyone verify what that exact color that is?
I believe that is Oro Nashrullah (I use it a lot and this change had ruined a few of my liveries). This change seems to affect a few different Ferrari paints. I assume (and hope) it will be fixed soon, as that definitely isn't what the paint should look like. So, enjoy it while it lasts!

Last edited:
Back