Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.11)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 83 comments
@Fusion @R1600Turbo @05XR8

Did some quick testing and I can confirm they use the Racing Hard tires in Custom Races if you have any sort of Racing tire equipped. As in, if you have Racing Softs on, they'll use Racing Hards. I found that if you equipped Sport Softs, it still used Comforts? This was all tested on my old 60-70s era race cars.

It needs more thorough testing. I did not test options like Tire wear/race length, vintage vs modern cars, PP etc to see if it affects their choice.
Tire issue fixed? Yay!

Also, does turning BOP off fix the issue where the AI only uses 95% throttle down the straights?

Tire issue fixed? Yay!

Also, does turning BOP off fix the issue where the AI only uses 95% throttle down the straights?
Doesn't really matter when the AI is never going the speed they're actually going. Rubberbanding is on at all times despite the Boost option being off.

New information cards for all Circuit Experience layouts, complete with car images and increased Bronze/Gold payouts. The 'Rewards' screen, animations and sound effects that play whenever you set All Bronze/Gold times are also different.

@Fusion @R1600Turbo @05XR8

Did some quick testing and I can confirm they use the Racing Hard tires in Custom Races if you have any sort of Racing tire equipped on that specific car. As in, if you have Racing Softs on, they'll use Racing Hards. I found that if you equipped Sport Softs, it still used Comforts? This was all tested on my old 60-70s era race cars.

It needs more thorough testing. I did not test options like Tire wear/race length, vintage vs modern cars, PP etc to see if it affects their choice.

Edit: Just wanted to make what I wrote more clear. Before, it could be interpreted that the AI cars match the tires that you have equipped on the car you are driving. This is not the case. The game refers to the tires that are currently equipped to that respective car. You can have AI cars with Comforts and Racing tires in the same race.
Awesome! Thank you for the more detailed analysis. Glad you were able to do test it a bit more.

It's definitely a step in the right direction for sure.

OP has been updated with the fixes posted, this is more like it people 👍
Belated post: 1.09 removes the Vision GT tag from RX-Vision GT3 Concept. (Didn't post this in time, sorry)

Would've preferred if you'd either post it over there in the previous thread or just PM it to me since its not a change in this current update. Want to keep things specifically relevant to the appropriate even if they are late.

Last edited:
I can confirm the AI in custom race from your garage upgrades to racing hard if any racing tire is equiped . They don't swap up to sports though if you have sports tires equiped
This really blows the Doors open considering the AI main hinder was tires since so many default to comfort soft or sports hard. Slappimg racing on everything noww

More Replay Options available for Music Replays, plus you can now back out of that menu whenever you select "Play Music Replay" from the Race Result screen.

New Roulette Ticket animation along with a greater number of non-cash prizes potentially available per ticket. Had three cars offered from the 2-star ticket I picked up through today's Daily Workout, though in this case the reward was a duplicate Charger SRT Hellcat.

Last edited:
Dynamic weather map seems to have changed since 1.08/9…
Different colour patches and breaks in the rain shown instead of single colour block?
Could be wrong but looks different to me

What happened to this thread?
Looks like a mod moved it.

I was farming for credits in the WTC 700 in de la Sarthe earlier, and I noticed something in the bottom right corner of the screen while driving. It said "Playsation Network unreachable. Online features cannot be used". I got the usual sudden disconnect during this time in the morning, but instead of kicking me out all the way to the start screen, the race kept on going. It looks like they made the single player events just like in Sport (which is good!) , the game will attempt to reconnect if you suddenly got disconnected while doing a single player race. 👍

Here's something I noticed. The chase cam on the '08 NSX GT500 has been adjusted so it matches the other cars. It's not so close and low anymore. I wonder if they've changed chase cam on other cars.

This may not be a new behavior, but I noticed after updating when going into GT Auto the cursor defaulted to the last section I had open - so if I was last in Custom Parts the cursor would be resting on that icon next time I went into GT Auto - pretty sure it defaulted to Car Maintenance before

Didn't get to run major tests on it,

But when selecting cars from your garage for custom races, the game nows leaves the tires that you last had equipped on them instead of equipping them with their default tires. I noticed the AI drove my heavily modified street cars with a bit more precision than usual and weren't powersliding every turn. I looked at the replay and saw they all had the RH tires that I had installed on them still.

If somebody else can confirm this that'd be great cause this is a huge change (good change) for someone like me.
Late but no this is not changed unfortunately. Just did a custom race with modded road cars from my garage and they were all on their default tires instead of the ones I bought for them.

I was farming for credits in the WTC 700 in de la Sarthe earlier, and I noticed something in the bottom right corner of the screen while driving. It said "Playsation Network unreachable. Online features cannot be used". I got the usual sudden disconnect during this time in the morning, but instead of kicking me out all the way to the start screen, the race kept on going. It looks like they made the single player events just like in Sport (which is good!) , the game will attempt to reconnect if you suddenly got disconnected while doing a single player race. 👍
That happened to me before the patch.

That happened to me once pre-1.11 (I think it was my WiFi being spotty), I don’t think this is new to this update. I think you can disconnect from the internet mid game and still be able to play, it’s if the server has problems it locks the game up. Not 100% on that though.

That happened to me before the patch.

That happened to me once pre-1.11 (I think it was my WiFi being spotty), I don’t think this is new to this update. I think you can disconnect from the internet mid game and still be able to play, it’s if the server has problems it locks the game up. Not 100% on that though.
Really? That's nice. I avoided playing in the morning because of the disconnect issue, only tried it again after this update.

Track limits have been tightened significantly for Eau Rouge on Daily Race C, can no longer go all 4 wheels off the inside if you balls it up without a penalty.

Back