Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
Just waiting for that Starion...
Preach! Somehow I always forget about it. Man, that'd be weird and crazy playing it in such high quality on GT.

Wish I had videos of mine from back in the day. Just a handful of crappy point-and-shoot camera shots.

Great car selection this month. Finally we get the older NSX to complement the GT-R and Supra. Great to see Volvo making a comeback too (maybe they can add Polestar 1 next). The Civic I would've preferred to get the EP3 or FD2/FN2 Type R instead because we already have the EG body shape represented by the RCR Garage Civic (yes I know it's tuned but you can get it pretty close to stock in GT Auto). The Skyline is cool too - at least it's not another GT-R.

Now let's wait and see if the new track drought continues. It's appalling to think the last road course was 15 months ago and Lake Louise was already 7 months ago. When someone in their bedroom can make these masterpieces 6 months apart, there's no reason why PD with all their resources and manpower couldn't do better.

Great car selection this month. Finally we get the older NSX to complement the GT-R and Supra. Great to see Volvo making a comeback too (maybe they can add Polestar 1 next). The Civic I would've preferred to get the EP3 or FD2/FN2 Type R instead because we already have the EG body shape represented by the RCR Garage Civic (yes I know it's tuned but you can get it pretty close to stock in GT Auto). The Skyline is cool too - at least it's not another GT-R.

Now let's wait and see if the new track drought continues. It's appalling to think the last road course was 15 months ago and Lake Louise was already 7 months ago. When someone in their bedroom can make these masterpieces 6 months apart, there's no reason why PD with all their resources and manpower couldn't do better.

The thing is, there actually isn’t that many tracks in GT7 if you don’t count the different layouts. In my opinion there’s one track… and then different layouts. Maggiore is Maggiore. Yes they can feel quite different to drive but it’s the same place, same scenery and a lot of the same turns. Nurburgring sprint is fun and I was glad we got it but it didn’t feel like we got a new track at all.

Now, PD is a Japanese developer, and naturally, compared to Western developers like T10 or Criterion, they are more knowledgeable about Japanese motorsports and its history, and tend to prioritize adding those things to their games.

The R31 was competing in a local Japanese category called JSS.
To explain this category simply, it is a race that is somewhere between Super Silhouette and Group A.
It was a category in which many very cool racing cars based on road cars were fitted with wide body kits similar to Gr.5 machines.

b7e9cac72c728d4877d7585b4b436a8f.png

51b09551a0fdba32847b19fe194ce767.png

This wide body kit is also sold to the general public, and I hear that some road cars such as the R31 and FC3S were equipped with this body kit. (The R31 in the image above is also a replica of the JSS race car from that time, made using that body kit.)

If PD had covered this replica and added a JSS style widebody kit to the R31, my brain would explode with excitement.

Looking forward to finally getting the nsx but I can’t help but wonder how long PD having sitting on this car. It definitely feels like they’re just holding back content to be released over time
The NSX, Skyline and V40 were in the data mined car list from mid 2022, so I'd say theres a possibility they are (or they are just taking a long time to complete the cars, which could also be true).

The thing is, there actually isn’t that many tracks in GT7 if you don’t count the different layouts. In my opinion there’s one track… and then different layouts. Maggiore is Maggiore. Yes they can feel quite different to drive but it’s the same place, same scenery and a lot of the same turns. Nurburgring sprint is fun and I was glad we got it but it didn’t feel like we got a new track at all.
Yes the track list is woefully lacking. Especially if you exclude ovals and rally tracks. Honestly you only need to take a look at GT6's track list to see how far the difference is.

But unfortunately, I think PD backed themselves into a corner with the way the world map is laid out. If you look at Europe it's basically full and there's no space to add new tracks. So even if we get new tracks, it will probably only be American or Japanese ones.
Since we're getting the NSX by Thursday, it finally gives me a reason to do a custom JGTC grid. I chose the 2000 grid as my reference for this.

View attachment 1359263
I admire your dedication :P I would've used the Amemiya FD instead of the stock one as base though. And also add the Momo Corse MR2 and BP Apex Kraft Trueno. Not sure if those raced in the 2000s but a few year difference wouldn't hurt.

But unfortunately, I think PD backed themselves into a corner with the way the world map is laid out. If you look at Europe it's basically full and there's no space to add new tracks. So even if we get new tracks, it will probably only be American or Japanese ones.

There may be many reasons why PD are not adding new tracks – but the map layout is definitely not one of them.

I actually saw a few Volvo V40's today which is neat. I also saw a few C30's so I suppose it's only a matter of time until that shows up too. Being able to drive "regular" cars that you see on the road is always fun. However Volvo is quite a special brand with a strong identity that even my mum knows about. It has a unique charm that the other European brands lack and it's Sweden's second best export behind IKEA. Seeing them return to GT is huge.

Would love to see the livery comparison of all cars once the servers are up. I’m expecting infinite Spoon liveries. :lol:

Will be cool to replicate some of these battles.

They can just rearrange the labels.

Personally I think PD initial goal is to add 15 tracks for each region. This is why we’ve got only american tracks and with last one being montreal (probably) we hit 15 tracks for America, then what? Next rumor track is in Japan - motegi :D

Last edited:
I always assumed the 850R would have been the most logical and popular choice.
If it turns out to be the V40 T5 R-Design (any V40 below this variant is pointless, let's be honest), it's not bad.
Hope it increases the chances of getting in the future some Polestar variants and the P1800 Cyan.
That’s not a Volvo though.

Very nice update about cars and if PD adds a track will be perfect!
I hope for some online customization and championships!!!
We will see....

There's definitely a theme of filling out model generations in the last few updates
Yup, and I'm glad PD is doing it, making Gran Turismo a true car encyclopedia once again :)
I think Mazda MX-5 could be the next family to fill with missing generations. NC and (especially) NB are long overdue.
If you look at Europe it's basically full and there's no space to add new tracks
At least there is still place for Tor Poznań in Poland 😁

File this under "it's probably nothing, but...":

The regular special pick slot in the UCD, which was the Dino, was not replaced today after it sold out. It could mean they are just phasing out the special pick, it could mean the special pick hit the 1/110 chance of selecting the R4 (which was an additional special pick for the weekly race), it could just mean they're waiting for the update to pick a new car to be the special pick. But it's worth noting as a pre-update oddity.

Back