Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
New physics arent really it for me, my driving style was basically slamming the brakes, and then just always trying to get the car to the limits, now i am learning trailbreaking, though in some cases i lack grip, idk why though when people are saying that there is more grip? Well the cars are ok/mid, but man the M3 is bad quality in terms of model, i hope this isnt the first stage of losing the best aspect of gt7, the detail, the quality. I must say what dissapoints of the game and its not getting fixed soon for me its the lack of modern cars, im tired of VGTs instead of some cool new italian/german supercars/road cars, atleast get 3 audi rs models. About Eiger, i must say it dissapoints me the fact that it is way more boring than GT5 version. Also almost the track is way to narrow sometimes. Overall just expected more from the update.

I'm really surprised to hear so many people with this opinion. I race cars regularly in reality and this new update is by far the closest GT7 has come close to replicating reality.

The new physics absolutely allows you to push cars on the edge of their limit. This is due to the increased turn in grip and part throttle grip during mid corner acceleration.

You are able brake harder and later now with a much more progressive feel. The tyre model significantly improved. You can literally feel the car / tyres dig and claw around corners now.

Take a RR car. Rev dump it in first gear and notice how the rear of the squats down and tyres dig into the tarmac trying to find grip.

Not even Asseto Corsa replicates that.

Question:
Since my 800 pp weapon Audi RS5 now after the update is 840 pp, and therefore can’t compete in 800 pp restricted events (unless I detune it), will all opponent cars just be the way they were before the update (not detuned) and possibly have a higher pp than 800? Or did they change cars?

Also, it is really lame that you need to ”equip” every car to see what new PP calculation they have. Tedious at least…

Last edited:
Question:
Since my 800 pp weapon Audi RS5 now after the update is 840 pp, and therefore can’t compete in 800 pp restricted events (unless I detune it), will all opponent cars just be the way they were before the update (not detuned) and possibly have a higher pp than 800? Or did they change cars?

Also, it is really lame that you need to ”equip” every car to see what new PP calculation they have. Tedious at least…
I drive usually Gr.2 '16 Nsx in Sardegna, had detune it but it is now faster than before because cornering speed is much faster.

Just go with the CLK GTR, my previous (Praiano) setup actually dropped from 799 to 768 or something like that, so I had much room to further boost the power. It was a weapon before, it will be even more lethal now :D

I'm really surprised to hear so many people with this opinion. I race cars regularly in reality and this new update is by far the closest GT7 has come close to replicating reality.

The new physics absolutely allows you to push cars on the edge of their limit. This is due to the increased turn in grip and part throttle grip during mid corner acceleration.

You are able brake harder and later now with a much more progressive feel. The tyre model significantly improved. You can literally feel the car / tyres dig and claw around corners now.

Take a RR car. Rev dump it in first gear and notice how the rear of the squats down and tyres dig into the tarmac trying to find grip.

Not even Asseto Corsa replicates that.
Yeah. Most people playing any of these games or “sims” have never driven on tracks or raced in real life, so they have no idea. That’s not a slight against anyone, just a fact. So it makes some sense that after years of playing games/sims that feel and work one way, changes aren’t always understood properly or appreciated.
Funny thing is, some of these games are, in a way, almost more difficult than in real life.

Last edited:
Found a very fun combination on Eiger:

-Regular track
-Dusk (this is key!)
-125 Shifter Kart
-VR

Really good. So good even that I wonder why PD didn't include a Kart race on the track themselves.
Personal preference, but I have TC on 5 in the kart so I can just floor it.
Gotta try this lol

IMG_20240726_063048102.jpgi want my pp back.

by the way. For those who thought that GT8 is around the corner and it is GT7 end of the line. This update proves that GT7 is here to stay for a long time. PD would not change physics so dramatically if they planned to release new entry soon.
There are lots of indications that GT8 is not coming soon. Every GT7 content update clearly shows it’s a work in progress. For example, all those car conversations they keep adding to the café says much about PD’s dedication to this title. Not many players really care about the conversations, but PD approaches the task like it’s unfinished business. This kind of commitment to GT7 tells me that GT8 is far away.

Last edited:
There are lots of indications that GT8 is not coming soon. Every GT7 content update clearly shows it’s a work in progress. For example, all those car conversations they keep adding to the café says much about PD’s dedication to this title. Not many players really care about the conversations, but PD approaches the task like it’s unfinished business. This kind of commitment to GT7 tells me that GT8 is far away.

Pretty much yeah. I hope there will be time we will see weather on all tracks. Maybe PD want to nail the physics first before adding rain to other tracks.

I love the conversations.. my son is getting into cars.. so he like to read them with me to learn about the car more.

So I gotta be honest, I am really disappointed in the Sophy race at N24. It's very 'rubberbandy' as I feared. Also, in the race I did Sophy drove sporadically, moving in the braking zone, not committing to a line, braking way early, etc. I had a lot of contact with the Sophy cars because of this.

I even spun once (new physics) and still only finished three seconds behind the leader. I thought Sophy was supposed to be legit?! I'd rather start the race in P11 and finish P9 with good racing than get rubberbanded up to P1.

And, the race is one lap.

Something that hasn't really been tested are the tyres. So here's at least one experiment to see what's happening there.

All tests are in the BRZ GT300, at Kyoto Yamagiwa in time trial mode at the second weather option (07:XX). ABS default, TCS off, all other assists off. Stock, not BoP figures. 5x tyre wear, fuel effect is off.

LapRacing SoftRacing Medium
11:32.21:33.1
21:32.41:33.2
31:32.31:33.4
41:32.51:33.3
51:33.31:33.6
61:34.81:33.9
71:35.91:34.1
8- (made a mistake at the chicane)
91:34.2
101:34.4
111:34.3
121:34.6
131:35.0
141:35.9
151:38.1

The front right tyre hit 0% at the start of lap 8 for the softs and lap 16 for the mediums; for both tyres I was +4 seconds at the sector 2 split before abandoning.

From a feeling perspective it felt mostly fine until the front right hit 25% at which point you notice a reluctance to turn; that reluctance becomes outright disobedience when there's only one or two white pixels left on the bar.

So I gotta be honest, I am really disappointed in the Sophy race at N24. It's very 'rubberbandy' as I feared. Also, in the race I did Sophy drove sporadically, moving in the braking zone, not committing to a line, braking way early, etc. I had a lot of contact with the Sophy cars because of this.

I even spun once (new physics) and still only finished three seconds behind the leader. I thought Sophy was supposed to be legit?! I'd rather start the race in P11 and finish P9 with good racing than get rubberbanded up to P1.

And, the race is one lap.
they nerfed it a bit.

Its more like the easy one now rather than the purple one :(

Now its more like AI 1.5 rather than full fat 2.0

Edit: @Talon16 what do you think of the new physics?

Last edited:
My dualsense sticks started drifting terribly yesterday, which kinda ruined my impressions of the update, but still it was very enjoyable.
Eiger looks lovely, though I'm not very happy about the tunnel being gone, at least let us take photos in a pit lane then :(
430 Scuderia is definitely my favourite car of the update, used it a lot back in GT5/GT6, so it's nice to see it come back. Too bad we can't put a license plate on it without removing the stripes, they are pretty much impossible to replicate.
New wheels are almost the highlight of the update for me, plenty of great new designs which the game desperately needed.

20829786813605317.png
20830195623552614.png
20969962415300191.png
20970831033760815.png

Something that hasn't really been tested are the tyres. So here's at least one experiment to see what's happening there.

All tests are in the BRZ GT300, at Kyoto Yamagiwa in time trial mode at the second weather option (07:XX). ABS default, TCS off, all other assists off. Stock, not BoP figures. 5x tyre wear, fuel effect is off.

LapRacing SoftRacing Medium
11:32.21:33.1
21:32.41:33.2
31:32.31:33.4
41:32.51:33.3
51:33.31:33.6
61:34.81:33.9
71:35.91:34.1
8- (made a mistake at the chicane)
91:34.2
101:34.4
111:34.3
121:34.6
131:35.0
141:35.9
151:38.1

The front right tyre hit 0% at the start of lap 8 for the softs and lap 16 for the mediums; for both tyres I was +4 seconds at the sector 2 split before abandoning.

From a feeling perspective it felt mostly fine until the front right hit 25% at which point you notice a reluctance to turn; that reluctance becomes outright disobedience when there's only one or two white pixels left on the bar.
I thought we were going to get that warning ⚠️ they have on gtws, but I guess not.

They had a tunnel in the trailer. They know people remember the tunnel, use it in marketing, and then give us no tunnel.

I also can't get a bronze time on there, usually manage close to silver on the first lap on these TT's so I'm going to have to brush up with the CE.

Love the fast back section after the tu....pit lane though and look forward to some daily races here.

Back