Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Ok, got a couple hours in and... the jury is still out.

Thankfully, the Trueforce on my setup isn't totally gone. It was definitely gone when I fired up the game, but thanks to the suggestion(s) by LOGI_Rich I was able to get it back close to what I had it before (even if that meant maxing out the in-game option and within the wheel).

The new track, albeit a welcome addition, is not my thing. I am just not seeing how this track will lead to good racing... side-by-side through turns, back and forth racing, regardless of the cars used. Would bet my next paycheck it'll be a Daily race next week (likely A in the M3) so we shall see.

The cars are fun. Only driven the Subaru and F430 but they are both really fun to drive. The F430 handles Tokyo really well.

Jury is still out on the physics. It's definitely different and easy to tell what's different. I think it'll just take some time to get used to. Use too much brake and the cars will begin to slide, even in a straight line. It's as though ABS is off. The FFB feels fine; it's different for sure, but it feels okay (again, will take time to get used to).

I did it after so many fails.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240725155048.jpg

So after 150 laps of Sardegna Road Track over the past 4 days and 45 laps of the new physics, it's clear AF there is a huge enhancement. Throttle and Brake control are much more nuanced, The Fanatec DD+ FFB is even more nuanced and precise, with much increased fidelity.

Lap times are about half a second slower on a roughly 100 second course on PP800 vehicles with moderate down force. I am still adapting to adjust lines and braking points and trail off the brake pedal rates. It is just like in real life going to a new set of Tires like swapping from some Hoosiers to some Pilot Sport Cup 2s. You notice the difference in multiple aspects of behavior and adjusting to the new dynamic transitions takes some re learning, but you can tell the grip is essentially the same, but the skill to remain at the peak limits requires more precision and consistency.

I am thoroughly disappointed in the nonsense and inane reviews all over youtube of brand new cars that have never been driven in game 0as the benchmark to evaluate the new physics. Like completely baseless with no foundational baseline. SMH. I prepared by driving 4 cars over 100+ laps on a few control courses so I could compare apples to apples the new physics and have the highest fidelity evaluation. I am continuing to go through all the laps and cars.

I am finding consistent tire feedback nuances improved in the FFB, and the change in the responsiveness and tire flop/roll over in over pushing the tires and subsequent tire wear and heating is much more realistic. It will reward the precise and those who know how to pilot IRL cars by feel, but those who rely on muscle memory and visual repetition, will likely find themselves slipping or missing the mark. I'm very happy with the increased realism.

Off to continue more streaming of the most scientific racing simulation experiment©™® ever

Last edited:
Should we review our higly modified cars tunes because of the new physics? Because of the suspension changes?

PS: haven't been able to play the game after the update yet.
Well, I haven't played lots yet, but I can tell you that at least some of my cars which were fine before have become impossible to drive. I think the reason, as far as I can gather, is that the suspension is bouncier in general; this is rather supported by some of the mad stuff floating around on social media. Either way, I had some cars (e.g. 308 GTB) that had previously been just fine on stock suspension but with the update, I was constantly banging the wheels against the arches and skewing off - a good stiffen has sorted them out.

Last edited:
My second impression is that PD overshot it a little with the physics update as there is now, compared to before, too much and/or too immediate body roll and weight transfer.

Worst offender I’ve discovered until now is the ST205 Celica road car. It’s a bit comical stock.

On the plus side MR cars feels a lot better to me.

Not going to cry myself to sleep over it though I feel it could profit from being dialled back a notch.

Absolutely loving the new physics and the Subaru is great fun. Tried other cars which also feel good, however, the super formula has next to no feedback on my DD Pro. Both the 19 and 23 version seems affected and so far, the only cars that are buggy for me. Other thing, in VR, the 2019 halo pillar is still transparent, thought they would have fixed this by now. Anyway, happy with the update, 8 out of 10

Should we review our higly modified cars tunes because of the new physics? Because of the suspension changes?

PS: haven't been able to play the game after the update yet.
Yes, but depending on the car and tune.

My C3 wasn't an intentionally "broken" tune like the ones people are talking about on social media, but it was a horrible car where every bump was a deathtrap.

It was so bad that I couldn't even complete a lap of Watkins Glen for the first hour while I was trying things out.

Also, this is irrelevant to anyone other than those who were playing online lobbies with PP or those who were tuned for PP efficiency, but the strong engine braking effect that was generated by the fully customized gearbox was lost, and the brakes became less effective overall than before, so if you were using a tune with stock brakes, depending on the car, you may want to install a sports brake kit or racing pads.

I had an issue with an M3 on the Height Adjustable Suspension upgrade, whereby the S-bend just after you drop into Eiger finishes with a left and it drags the car against the wall, and the only way to stop it is to brake hard and fight the steering. Needless to say it looks horrible on screen and feels worse, and this is only on a Dualsense.

Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP.

I don't think I've ever seen such a divided opinion on new physics!

Personally I think it's an improvement however there were certainly some moments where I would have chronic understeer and would lose almost a second in one corner (Gr.3 Viper at Eiger hairpins).

The FFB strength also felt quite inconsistent from car to car which was a little annoying.

Overall though, I feel like this update now rewards smoother inputs and more delicate use of the pedals/steering. Too much steering angle whilst braking results in a lot of understeer which prompts you now to brake straight before trailing in.

Overall though, I feel like this update now rewards smoother inputs and more delicate use of the pedals/steering. Too much steering angle whilst braking results in a lot of understeer which prompts you now to brake straight before trailing in.
I really enjoy this part. Before it seemed the only way to go was to go fast and hard, but now the cars feel more responsive to the inputs they take a bit more finesse to drive fast.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of both sides on the new physics at the moment. Part of it may be finding the right new settings in the T300rs, and some of it might be getting rid of bad habits learned in the old model.

Initially I used the E36 M3 at Eiger and found myself plowing through corners with ABS weak. Had to dial it back a bit. Then began playing with oversteer and finding it to not be quite as catchable as some have made it seem. I'm not feeling the wider range of tire forgiveness quite yet.

Tires seem to be more separated from each other in terms of grip. It's a big step from CS to SH, and a similarly large gap between SH and SS. All slick tires seem to have gained grip as well.

I'm finding that there is an increased amount of nuance with braking and steering feel under braking and on compression with some road cars, but when it come to GR3 this seems reversed. Steering effort and feedback now load up a LOT at speed, but seems to disintegrate at slower speeds. FFB and communication with slicks previously seemed to be much higher at slow speeds before the update.

I am enjoying the increased body movements when the chassis is upset by curbs and things. Body movement was previously pretty stagnant, and I was pleasantly surprised to feel the steering wheel tug to the left when my L front was on the rumble strips at Deep Forest. Good stuff.

Dirt is... strange now. No steering feel at all with initial turn in, cars are bogged down easily on exit, front tire traction ramps up al lot with increased steering angle, and jumps mean practically nothing now. I honestly think it was a little more realistic before... there is no consequence for yeeting a car off a jump sideways with a wonky steering angle. It just lands perfectly settled now. Need more time to sus it out.

I was able to achieve a top 200 time with the Ferrari at Tokyo, but it's just not feeling great to me yet. I'm hoping that I unlearn some muscle memory, tweak some settings and find more harmony with how things are now. I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, so I may come back to it later tonight and feel completely different!

Last edited:
How can anyone dislike Eiger, it looks absolutely mint in VR, spectacular stuff. And a fun little track to boot, what's not to love?

Undecided on physics because I'm not very good and don't really know what I'm doing. Can't tell if I'm making more disastrous errors or less, can't really blame them on physics either way. Still feels fun to drive, that's the main thing :lol:

Im rally when car jumps it lands like it weighs nothing. Like no reaction to 1.5 tons falling on the ground at all, suspension doesnt event compress. I wish it was like beamng

My C3 wasn't an intentionally "broken" tune like the ones people are talking about on social media, but it was a horrible car where every bump was a deathtrap.

It was so bad that I couldn't even complete a lap of Watkins Glen for the first hour while I was trying things out.

Also, this is irrelevant to anyone other than those who were playing online lobbies with PP or those who were tuned for PP efficiency, but the strong engine braking effect that was generated by the fully customized gearbox was lost, and the brakes became less effective overall than before, so if you were using a tune with stock brakes, depending on the car, you may want to install a sports brake kit or racing pads.
I do a lot of PP based online lobbies and I think almost my entire garage is broken heh

Well, I haven't played lots yet, but I can tell you that at least some of my cars which were fine before have become impossible to drive. I think the reason, as far as I can gather, is that the suspension is bouncier in general; this is rather supported by some of the mad stuff floating around on social media. Either way, I had some cars (e.g. 308 GTB) that had previously been just fine on stock suspension but with the update, I was constantly banging the wheels against the arches and skewing off - a good stiffen has sorted them out.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I have some cars tuned as the top tuners suggest and those were the ones I thought about it. I'll test drive them and keep an eye at the tuning section.

However I'm relieved because I guess that thing is not going to be a problem for the average Joe like me since those cars of mine were tuned only to complete specific things in the game (e.g the human comedy or the clubman+ races) or to run engine swapps. I'd have no problem with starting fresh new tuning sheets.

*sighs with relief

Last edited:
Great job, so how many times did it take you to pull it off, I'm sure you lost count of it.
When I started I was around 130 miles when I finally got gold I was close to 300 miles.

I normally start with the full lap since if I can get gold in the full lap first that calms me down and I know I can gold the sectors.

Back