Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Well, apparently for PD there is plenty of reasons, since this is what they are aiming for. Once in the game, they treat it as accessible to everyone, so this is probably why Sophy was tunned down: we should not scare casuals.

All GT games after GT4 are getting easier and easier: not much of challenge, no endurances, nothing that would scare casuals. Dumb AI and slow Sophy are design choices and the only reason you make your simulation game easier is to sell more to casual players.
Then why did they add the master licenses with Spec II? Those weren't exactly easy. I mean with some practice you can do them, but for casual players this could already be too hard. What about the endurance missions? La Maggiore is not easy and they now patched the Miata race.

You are right about the endurance races, but in the end with the AI the GT games have, is not really difficult, but rather long. Endurance races and good events (aka career with different leagues like in GT5) is what i miss the most in GT7.

Gladly purchased (3) M3s this AM...i cant wipe the smile off my face from this alone. will play and drive the cars fully this weekend

...just saw the bug videos...lolz

Last edited:
I have to say, the new physics update is really good. Been testing out a good variety of cars in the past few hours, and first impression was that the tires are a lot more "screechy". They react a lot more when you're pushing them to the limit. I also like how you get much more feedback from the suspension.

Trail braking has become a tad bit harder, but the new physics + ABS adjustment do a significantly better job of telling you "Whoa there hotshot, ease off on the brakes if you want to turn in and not plow straight through". I think FF cars have better grip on corner exits, tested a stock and fully upgraded Civic FL2 and the slow corner exit while having 570hp and just Racing:Hard tires feels a lot better now.

Off-road physics now, holy crap. I no longer have to pray to Jesus and hope that I come out right-side up every time I go through a jump. Turn-in is a lot better and downforce actually helps you now instead of giving you understeer at random moments. 2WD rallying is leaps and bounds better, I tried a tuned Suzuki Swift '17 and a Ford Sierra Cosworth, they can definitely get some decent speed and keep up with proper 4WDs. FWD cars actually have proper grip now and RWD cars don't pivot as much around the front end when you turn.

Can't wait to test more cars and see how much they've changed with the new physics.

Kind of a bummer that we didnt get GT widebody for the M3 E36. But great Update nontheless.

Username: I_Rock_Totally

1000177729.jpg
1000177728.jpg
1000177727.jpg
1000177726.jpg
1000177725.jpg

So far for me I'm liking the physics mind you I'm on a controller not steering wheel. I did notice some swapped vehicles having understeer tendencies the only uncertain tracks. I do like the new Wheels they've added to the game but I wish they added more Yokohama Wheels. And I like the fact that Dave turn down the understeer during slow cornerings which was always a problem whenever I used my MK4 Supra

Just cos He doesn't like them... I think this is a great improvement personally

He’s probably referring to this:

Have you tried the new PD Settings for the Fanatec DD Pro, set it A set, as PD state these are the ideal settings now for the DD Pro

Stu
I did change it to Auto. The FFB feels really weak. I might set the in game from 5 to something much higher. Waiting for the resident experts to chime in.

What racing wheel do ypu have? I read that most problems are on logitech wheels. I hope my T300rs doesn’t have downgrade.
I'm thinking of saving up for an expensive wheel in 2-3 years, idk yet though. It would be a steep learning curve for me.

So far I am liking the track. Its the circuit is twisty and narrow enough for some fun in 125cc Shifter Kart. Pretty tricky in reverse!

There is a kerb of death as you go into the downhill right-hander before the hairpin (reverse variation), at least for the kart.

---

If you want to get flashbacks of GT6 License S-5, I recommend doing some hotlaps on Eiger in the Veyron. It could just be me, but that thing feels heavy now.

Last edited:
PD certainly did a number on altering the PP, most, if not all, of my cars had a nerf. Some were minor but a lot of the engine swap cars PP jumped right up, my Lancer with the Escudo swap had to have 80hp lopped off to bring it down to 600PP. A bit of tweaking upped the HP but at the expense of adding extra weight, the little MX5 with the rotary engine swap is another example, massive HP drop but it is what it is I guess. Ive never understood why they alter the PP in single player mode, i can understand in multi-player but its almost like they see people having a great time so they have to neuter it some what. 👍

So it would appear that the game has moved to a trail brake system.

Tried a few tracks and basically any slow corners I’m locking up the wheels, understeering past the apex, and losing all feedback in the wheel. Medium and fast corners are fine as I’m able to trail brake on those corners, but the slow ones, my pedals just not good enough or I don’t have the skill to trail brake. Feels disappointing that they gone down this route, as the new physics in the medium and fast corners actually feel pretty solid.

Edit - fyi my tests all been done with gr3 cars as this what I mainly use. Not tested road cars so this may not apply
Do you have ABS on Weak? That was supposed to be how Weak worked to begin with...

Took the Impreza for a spin around Fishermans Ranch.

IMG_4579.jpeg

Feels like I’m 15 year old Fezzik again playing Colin McRae Rally. Awesome car and the new physics work great off-road (on controller). I honestly don’t care about the rest of the update, this is fantastic.

Looks like the top outside corners need rounded. Game render has the radius on the corners too tight which throws the symmetry between the top and bottom radiuses completely off. Dammit...now I can't un-see that. 🤣

PS - If I didn't read far enough in and someone already mentioned, my bad.😁
I wonder how much of the visual effect here, and the contentious taillights is down to the awful RT implementation in GT Auto?

hhhhhhhhhffffrrr…. Well I feel like my time on GT7 has come to an end.

This update for me has totally I feel has killed my equipment, my driving style and that entertainment. I get its day one, they are some bugs and I need to learn the new physics, but the new braking system is just stupid. My experience is all based around Gr3 cars as this the only thing I really play, with the odd Gr4, Gr2 and Gr1.

Brakes - so this the main thing that has really bugged. Every slow speed corner with default ABS im locking up the wheels, and im running wide. Im now braking earlier to get the car stopped, but im just slow now. Im 2/3 seconds off pace. Trail Braking is now pretty important from what I’ve seen and experienced. I don’t have a load cell and with my pedals it’s difficult to trail brake properly. The impression I get from streamers and other comments, those that can trail brake properly don’t seem to have this issue.

Forcefeed back - again I don’t have a fancy wheel etc… so I’m limited to the in game settings. Before today my FFB felt great and I had no issues with it. I’ve tried to adjust settings to compensate the new physics and I losing so much detail through corners that I’m unable to put the power down as I don’t know if my car is turning or sliding off. Again it seems that people with DD wheels a simple click of higher FFB fixes there issues.
These two issues justs feels like a kick in the teeth to those on lower end equipment, as I suspect PD don’t test these and all there tests are done on Fanatec gear. Unfortunately I don’t have the budget to buy a PlayStation specific wheel and I feel like the game moved towards that equipment now.

Physics - so from what I could test they felt ok I guess. Mid speed, high speed corners the car felt great. Low speed I lost all FFB which is just not a great experience. Not done enough testing to see how tyres or fuel react to the cars. Not done wet weather testing either.
Off track I found at Spa you could actually lead on some of the green Astro turf bits which was nice, so you can extend some corners. Will have try Suzuka.
Kerbs felt a bit odd. Eau Rouge and Raidillon the kerb there unsettled the car for me, and a few other kerbs felt better and worst.

Content - this was a pretty standard content update really.
Cars - Subaru WRX was a nice car have (need to get the Xsara, 206/307 and Evo 6 added). The Ferrari, RUF, Lambo and BMW I’m in no rush to buy, and the Genesis I have no desire to buy that car.

Track - for me it’s lost its nostalgia. Getting rid the tunnels and the jump was a poor choice. I remember this well and doing time trial here on GT5. I did the WRX TT in VR and it was actually a lot of fun to drive. Apart from that TT it’s another Lake Luisa for me. A nice addition to have but not really a track I’ll be using.

Other stuff - Scapes are scapes. Some people can make some stunning photos but i just don’t have the time and patience to faff around with it really. The new race events are fine. The Michelin tyre partnership… I’ve not checked but I’m assuming you can no longer run the other brands on the tyres? And the rest I couldn’t care.

VR - Shame this doesn’t seem to get any update. It’s fun to run in VR in offline mode, but in Sport mode it’s awful. Honestly wish I never bought a VR headset, not really utilised on GT7, plus the other games are all naff imo.

I’m in no rush to return to GT7 now. I’ll give them time to fix the bugs and I’ll try it again, but if the wheel issues are still the same then I’m done with GT7. I’ve not enjoyed playing the game for 6months now.

Thanks for the encouragment, I'll have to watch walkthroughs on Youtube to learn the concept of it.
Of course man, we're all here to enjoy something we love. There are multiple threads us wheeled users frequently participate in and everyone is willing to provide advice/tips.

It’s painfully obvious that they didn’t test the new physics on road cars. Now even with hardest spring rate, anti-roll bars etc. the suspension is far too soft and bouncy. There’s so much body roll which leads to understeer, snap oversteer, wheel rubbing, and loss of control during braking and weight transfer.

During any high speed cornering the outer front wheel consistently breaks traction and it is extremely difficult to recover from oversteer. Maybe the physics feel better using a racing wheel but I had far more fun driving the cars before today… 🙄

Not sure what E36 chassis the one in game is, but its stubborn front end utterly lacks the neutral-to-oversteer nature my lowly 320i did. Feels alien, although I caveat that an M3 might be tuned for more high-speed stability than the 2.0, it just doesn't 'feel' like an E36 from how I know it.

Took the Impreza for a spin around Fishermans Ranch.

View attachment 1375398

Feels like I’m 15 year old Fezzik again playing Colin McRae Rally. Awesome car and the new physics work great off-road (on controller). I honestly don’t care about the rest of the update, this is fantastic.
GT rally physics were as we all know well in need of a revamp. I'm glad they've finally hit a good spot with them. Some long-form rally races would be fun. I wish there were point-to-points with a timer but alas. Great pic, btw! That Impreza looks so good.

Back