Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
View attachment 1375231

View attachment 1375227

You're right it does look like they go up and inward at the bottom, it's very rare for PD to mess up proportions like this.

The taillights definitely don't look 100% but not too bad, but PD usually nail this stuff so yea I get the complaints
Looks like the top outside corners need rounded. Game render has the radius on the corners too tight which throws the symmetry between the top and bottom radiuses completely off. Dammit...now I can't un-see that. 🤣

PS - If I didn't read far enough in and someone already mentioned, my bad.😁

love the 'dynamic viewing' feature for watching the world series with full commentary in broadcast mode with the option to go into manual mode and view any driver/camera, you can even toggle the info panel with R3 to show the best lap/last lap/tyre wear/ etc

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240725215730.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240725215801.jpg

Am I going crazy or are the new dirt physics actually seriously good? Gotta test out some other cars first but these physics remind me a lot of GT3's (which is a compliment considering those are regarded as the best rally physics in the series).

So it would appear that the game has moved to a trail brake system.

Tried a few tracks and basically any slow corners I’m locking up the wheels, understeering past the apex, and losing all feedback in the wheel. Medium and fast corners are fine as I’m able to trail brake on those corners, but the slow ones, my pedals just not good enough or I don’t have the skill to trail brake. Feels disappointing that they gone down this route, as the new physics in the medium and fast corners actually feel pretty solid.

Edit - fyi my tests all been done with gr3 cars as this what I mainly use. Not tested road cars so this may not apply

Last edited:
Took the Ferrari 430 Scuderia for a test drive with Sophy on maximum difficulty on the Nürburgring 24h. I was able to keep up with a McLaren F1 on the last straight. Is there some sort of automatic balance enabled? Maybe I'm missing something. Same with the BMW M3 E36. Overtook a 911 993 with ease and left it far behind quite quickly, which shouldn't be the case IMO. Still waiting for unnerfed Sophy to be available in "Custom Races" so I can select range of participating cars myself and make realistic Nordschleife track days.

Also, did anyone notice how the M3 E36 sounds with the racing exhaust? And in stock, it is too similar to the M3 E46. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It’s crude and oh so ugly, but I needs me a four door touring car.
View attachment 1375324
I've said this before, but GT could really do with some entry-level BMWs to compete with the likes of Silvias, MX-5s and GR86s.

Speaking of Sophy, I wonder if it (she?) has been nerfed because it had an overfitted model.

Last edited:
Am I going crazy or are the new dirt physics actually seriously good? Gotta test out some other cars first but these physics remind me a lot of GT3's (which is a compliment considering those are regarded as the best rally physics in the series).
Just did one rally race with the new Subaru this morning and yes, I had much more fun than before. It doesn’t feel as crazy slippery as before. Really before felt like being on a field of ice, now it’s better.

Took the Ferrari 430 Scuderia for a test drive with Sophy on maximum difficulty on the Nürburgring 24h. I was able to keep up with a McLaren F1 on the last straight. Is there some sort of automatic balance enabled? Maybe I'm missing something. Same with the BMW M3 E36. Overtook a 911 993 with ease and left it far behind quite quickly, which shouldn't be the case IMO. Still waiting for unnerfed Sophy to be available in "Custom Races" so I can select range of participating cars myself and make realistic Nordschleife track days.

Also, did anyone notice how the M3 E36 sounds with the racing exhaust? And in stock, it is too similar to the M3 E46. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sophy rubberbands just like the regular AI. Shame, really.

Even Gallo is confused and he's already felt these physics at the WS

Last edited:

Sophy it's just a fancy rubberbanding AI so that PD can put some buzz words together with their game.

Their whole ethos is to make the game as accessible and engaging as possible to the lowest possible denominator: casual players who wouldn't put up with being left behind by the AI and have no drive whatsoever to improve. And I dare to say that they won't ever change that, you sell more games that way than making the game harder and less approachable to casual players.

Off course, you could have both if your design cater for both groups with difficulty sliders and things like that, but, again, seems like this is somethign completely foreign to the way they approach game design.

Last edited:
Sophy it's just a fancy rubberbanding AI so that PD can put some buzz words together with their game.

Their whole ethos is to make the game as accessible and engaging as possible to the lowest possible denominator: casual players who wouldn't put up with being left behind by the AI and have no drive whatsoever to improve on the game. And I dare to say that they won't ever change that, you sell more games that way than making the game harder and less approachable to casual players.

Off course, you could have both if your design cater for both groups with difficulty sliders and things like that, but, again, seems like this is somethign completely foreign to the way they approach game design.
Sophy rubberbands just like the regular AI. Shame, really.
This is just sad. Especially considering the fact that we all know Sophy is capable of driving much quicker without rubberbanding. I'm not the best GT7 driver, for sure, but even I can take first place in almost every race with Sophy. Was really hoping to make some races and check whether one specific car is quicker than the other on the Nordschleife, but there's no option to select rival cars in the "Quick Race" mode anyway, also 1 lap option only. Well, our expectations are our problem, I guess. But they raised them quite high themselves.

If you actually see the M3 in the garage gameplay…. Or any other actual game-play, photo mode the taillights do not look like that… They look best with actual environmental lighting.Also I cant see what’s wrong with the grills.
Not sure if relevant or if I remember correctly, but didn't they change from opaque to clear tail lights in a product upgrade in the E36's life time?

Updated Physics are huge though I feel like I can finally drive some cars smoothly aggressive without feeling like it's going to snap out of shape mid corner when I tried to apply some brakes and overall drivability are much better and smoother with Dualsense motion steering.
Pre-patch I'd find so many cars are so unstable under full braking they just bite and snap out so violently.
I'd feel more ok if it's happening to high powered cars but even to stuff like MX-5?
Nah it just felt all wrong to me, took them over 2 years to fixed that but it's better late than never.
PP buff and adjustments in this update now made my Tomahawk X be able to reach higher top speed, pre patch it was around 650 km/h now it almost did 680 km/h top speed with normal transmission.
There is also some attempt from PD in this update to fix that abrupt jarring manual transmission noise when shifting up.
That RUF 4.2 is the highlight car of the update though it drives like a dream, fast, precise and agile.

Not sure if relevant or if I remember correctly, but didn't they change from opaque to clear tail lights in a product upgrade in the E36's life time?
Early E36 LCI 1 models and US spec models had the tri colour rear clusters mid and late ones had the uni colour clusters red/white

Other differences are the front indicators are orange in early and US spec cars but were clear in Europe.

Ignoring the power differences between the US/EU spec cars the other difference was the evolution version (LCI 2) that had the Evo wheels rather than the twin polished 5 spokes.

The car in the game appears to have been specced with the Vader seats as well in black nappa leather.

I know why they went with estoril blue as it was the LCI 2 colour but Avus Blue and Techno Violet really suit the car better imo

Back