Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
My wheel feels dead in corners now. I was told that you will need to adjust your FFB, which I did but in corners I have no feel any more of the car. In an AI race, I went off at the corner as I turned in and nothing happened.

Other aspects of the update…..it’s pretty meh again for me.
New track, looks pretty plain in my opinion. No tunnel? Why? That was something that stood out for me on GT5. The trailer the other week made this track looks pretty spectacular, but the small details like in the village you don’t see and it on the top part of the track. It’s just green grass and the alps. Also GrB cars, why can’t you change tyres in the race menu? Having to back out to go to your garage to switch tyres, to then go back to the world map….just faff!
Cars…. Meh. Bought the WRX as it’s an icon, but the others I’ll buy when I need them or win them
Physics - so far…I can’t test. Until I find wheel settings that I like I can’t really test this.

Edit - I will say actually the new track does look spectacular in dusk mode! Day time it’s a bit meh

Last edited:
I just had around 40 min to try out the update this morning and it feels very good. I’m not the biggest GT enthusiasts but the physics update feels good for me. Cars feeling even more lively than before. Haven’t test it with my G923 wheel so far.
All the new cars are nice, I especially like the Ferrari, the RUF and the Subaru.

But that's on a road car right? I think that was always going to be the case (keeping the non-race cars without tyre stickers) to differentiate from the race cars. Not sure why exactly, but maybe its a modelling limitation or something??
You may be right on that statement. All cars don't operate the same based on their models.

Man, watching some streams and reading some things and I am very weary of this update now.

Seeing FFB on the Logi Pro is dead. That's 100% a show stopper.
The track is about one min in a Gr4 and it's going to be very difficult to pass. Gr3 will be even worse. More of a meme track, it seems.
Hearing the understeer is even worse than it was before, which was already horrid.

Man, watching some streams and reading some things and I am very weary of this update now.

The track is about one min in a Gr4 and it's going to be very difficult to pass. Gr3 will be even worse. More of a meme track, it seems.
Hearing the understeer is even worse than it was before, which was already horrid.
I don't agree with any of these, from my experience.
2nd one is subjective of course but the game imo needed more short tracks for slower cars, sorely missed from prior installments.

Handling and FFB is an all around improvement to me. I would say if someone is understeering more they are braking into corners like they're on the old physics and locking the wheels.

Handling and FFB is an all around improvement to me. I would say if someone is understeering more they are braking into corners like they're on the old physics and locking the wheels.
What racing wheel do ypu have? I read that most problems are on logitech wheels. I hope my T300rs doesn’t have downgrade.

I noticed the FFB difference immediatelly. I spent last evening driving around in a bunch of my favorite cars and this morning with the new physics I definitely feel less weight transfer/grip in cornering. G29 wheel btw. I really love the radical...but this morning all I get from the FFB is the road bumpiness. Almost no wheel centering at all...

Last edited:

I've done 200 miles so far in a mix of Road cars and race cars, golded the new CE updated wheel firmware etc change the settings.

A few things to note:

I'm having to adjust in game torque per car to get enough weight in to the wheel, GR stuff is heavier than road cars but still different between cars.

You can't hit the curbs like you could before and if you do depending on the profile of the curb there can be quite a lot of bounce which doesn't "feel" great

Weight transfer oversteer is a thing especially coupled with the curbs. The curbs have more grip but move the chassis more

Annecdotally there are people on my Daily B leaderboard who I'm usually level or ahead with and I can usually hit a top 1000 time consistently. I am nearly 1s behind them

Following leaderboard ghosts there are some corners I cannot recreate their lines in a lot of different cars because of the grip/suspension stuff now.

Understeer is definitely still there, and power under steer is more pronounced. Turn in understeer is dialled back a bit.

Overall I think the changes are quite pronounced especially for the players that play a significant amount of GT and race cars predominantly.

These are neither good or bad just my feel of things and everyone is still adjusting.

I am not sure why they reset some leaderboards but not the daily ones as I don't think the times would be as low as they are at the moment with the new update physics/tires

I don't agree with any of these, from my experience.
2nd one is subjective of course but the game imo needed more short tracks for slower cars, sorely missed from prior installments.

Again, I've not played it yet but there's a whole thread now on how the wheel I own (Logi Pro), one of its biggest features (the Trueforce), basically doesn't work anymore.

Ok, maybe. Since 99% of what I do in the game is Sport Mode (where PD run Gr3 and Gr4 98.35468762% of the time), this is where my head is at. I was watching SuperGT and he was barely able to get the Gr3 Viper to go around some of the hairpins... like the car just wouldn't turn enough. Like watching a Mac truck go through the Monaco chicane. We're all going to need to get used to the new physics, but IMO the cars understeered too much before, and now it seems it's worse. I do want to emphasize, I've not played it since the update.

The latter two points are indeed subjective, but if the Trueforce on the Logi wheels is all but gone that's HUGE to people using that wheel.

Why would PD have the coloured stickers as tyre choices, but when fitted don’t show? Maybe there’s a glitch.
Could be a glitch, could be deliberate.

Just my speculation: when you put racing tyres on a road car, the tyre stickers might come uncolored by default to distinguish road cars from race cars. However, in the livery editor, you can maybe choose to have the tyre stickers colored. If there is no bug, this would explain everything we have seen thus far.

EDIT: I stand corrected, see below. I now agree it seems to be a glitch.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I hadn't seen those (or at least noticed the tyre stickers in them). Might be a livery editor thing, as you say. Something to check out...

Doesn't work in livery editor either (Michelin Racing hard compound fitted)
S15 Silvia Touring car (GT4)

Must be a glitch.

Attachments

• 20240725_220034.jpg
    20240725_220034.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 6
Unfortunately the new Impreza's transmission is incorrect in game. Animation-wise it's correct, but it does not work with the H pattern.
I would love if they fix it, but there's a certain other car with the opposite issue and it would be painful to see it fixed because of this.

Last edited:
Back