GT7 Fake NASCAR World ChampionshipOpen 

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 112 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
In the past, I have tried to host my own GTPlanet racing series, but they've never taken off. Hopefully this time I'll strike gold, with the GT7 Fake NASCAR World Championship. The concept really shouldn't be that hard to understand - since we don't have NASCAR in the game we'll be racing modified muscle cars around a selection of tracks for short endurances races, with the winner getting... something (I haven't decided yet). I have assembled the rules and details below in spoilers so there isn't a wall of text.

As stated in the main description, the cars will be modified muscle cars. Generally, the eligible car selection is any modern muscle car (available in Brand Central) tuned to the required specifications. There are also some special vehicles available. Below I have listed the specific models that can enter, although if there are nay suggestions for extra cars I am more than willing to add them to the list. Similarly, if there is a car you don't believe should be allowed to complete, let me know.
  • Ford Mustang GT '15 (44,310Cr / 535PP)
  • Shelby GT350R '16 (75,000Cr / 576PP)
  • Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car (300,000Cr / 568PP)
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 (35,000Cr / 554PP)
  • Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18 (79,500Cr / 621PP)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 '09 (120,000Cr / 612PP)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 (51,000Cr / 576PP)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19 (134,000Cr / 648PP) (Due to the performance of this car making its PP rating over the minimum required for a car in the championship, it may be more difficult to tune or it may become an OP car - in the latter's case, I will remove the car should it seem to have a significant advantage)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car (300,000Cr / 572PP)
  • Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15 (76,800Cr / 591PP)
  • Dodge Viper GTS '02 (120,000Cr / 558PP)
  • Dodge Viper SRT10 '06 (130,000Cr / 575PP)
  • Dodge Viper GTS '13 (140,000Cr / 599PP)
  • Toyota GR Supra RZ '19 (70,000Cr / 536PP)
  • Toyota GR Supra RZ '20 (73,000Cr / 546PP)

The following list documents the specifications required for the event:
  • Between 640PP and 700PP
  • A roll cage must be fitted if available; the roll cage must be the strongest available (usually Type C)
  • Racing tyres must be fitted - wet tyres are recommended as well in case of rain in appropriate races
  • A racing number is required - a livery is recommended but optional; if equipped it must not be offensive or explicit
  • Ballast (required for ballast penalties)

Cars cannot be modified after the first race (this does not apply to changing the car's settings or tyres). Before the first race, a check will be done to make sure all cars are compliant with the rules. Drivers may not modify their cars after the first race - players who are found to have done this will receive a punishment, which will vary between a point penalty and a complete disqualification depending on the changes made.

There will be between five and six race events, each hosted every weekend. The sixth event will be a 'joker' event run if there is a tie (anywhere in the leaderboard, not just for first place) or if there are late arrivals to the championship. If the joker race causes the former to happen (another tie forms) a seventh race will be run (a repeat of race 1 with joker rules) and the events will repeat further until there is no tie.

Every race will last under 100 miles and will feature tyre wear and fuel usage.
1: Northern Isle Speedway - 140 laps - Starting at sunset
2: High Speed Ring - 30 laps - Starting at late morning
3: Blue Moon Bay Speedway - 40 laps - Starting at sunrise
4: Lago Maggiore West End - 55 laps - Starting at late morning
5: Broad Bean Raceway - 77 laps - Starting at sunset
6: Trail Mountain - 24 laps - Starting at afternoon
5: Daytona Super Speedway - 35 laps - Starting at sunset (replacing Special Stage Route X - 5 laps - Starting at twilight)
6: Blue Moon Bay Infield B - 50 laps or 28 laps (joker race) - Starting at afternoon

The weather will be locked to dry weather on oval courses, but on road courses it will be random - make sure you have wet tyres ready just in case. Time will pass at a rate of 5x during events.​
This section describes the rules in place for the championship.
  • Practice will last at least 15 minutes from the set starting time. Late arrivals will not be given extra practice time.
  • All races will have rolling starts, with a formation lap lead by the pace car first (this will make each race one lap longer than is stated above) - due to the length of Special Stage Route X, there will be no formation lap for this race.
  • Based on the results of the previous race, ballast penalties will be applied to drivers. Players will require ballast to be bought for their car.
  • A joker race will start with slowest first grid positions, and will last half the distance of the normal race. In the event that the joker race is not triggered by a tie, there will also be double points for this race.
Listed below are the settings for the events (not all of these apply to joker races_:
  • Start type: Rolling start
  • Grid order: Fastest first
  • BoP: Off
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream strength: Real
  • Visible damage: On
  • Mechanical damage: Heavy
  • Tyre wear rate: 1x
  • Fuel consumption rate: 2x
  • Initial fuel: Default
  • Grip reduction off track: Real
  • Race finish delay: 100 seconds
  • PP Limit: 700
  • Tyre type: Racing
  • Useable tyres: All
  • Required tyres: None
  • Nitrous: Cannot be fitted
  • Shortcut penalty: Weak
  • Wall collision penalty: Time penalty (weak)
  • Correct vehicle course after wall collision: On
  • Car collision penalty: On
  • Pit lane line cutting penalty: None
  • Ghosting during race: Off
  • Flag rules: On
  • Driving aids: All available
Ballast penalties are a part of the championship. Depending on how well you performed in the previous race, up to 5% of your car's body weight must be added. Drivers are responsible for adding the correct amount of ballast. Listed below is the amount of ballast required depending on position:
1st: 5%
2nd: 4%
3rd: 3%
4th: 2%
5th: 1%
6th and below: no ballast penalty

The lobbies will be for friends only; you will need to add me as a friend on PSN to join the event.​

Listed below are rules for the event.
  • Fake NASCAR is a non-contact sport. You should try to avoid contact with other drivers at all costs. However, due to connection issues caused by GT7's peer-to-peer connection method, there may be cases when contact is unavoidable. It is recommended to record the races so I can inspect what happened and give appropriate punishments. I will be recording every event but this doesn't mean I can see everybody's angle.
  • The pace car may go on track for varying reasons, such as an obstruction on the track or the race needing to be paused to allow for an inquiry to take place. You must not overtake the pace car (the presence of the pace car will be announced). The pace car will be a different car model based on which country the race is taking place in. On American tracks, the Dodge Charger will be used. On Japanese tracks, the Toyota Crown will be used. Both will be painted in the official GT7FNWC livery.
  • During the formation lap, please let the pace car get to the front (it will be starting at the back because of the difference in performance) - until it is in front and you can match its speed, please remain at 70mph/112km/h.
  • Leaving mid-race is not permitted except in exceptional circumstances. There may be a penalty for doing this without reason.
  • By joining, you are committing to attend every race. If you are not able to attend a race, you must inform me before the event starts.
In the case that I need to end the event early, points will be awarded based on the standings at the time when the event ends.
  • Please do not use the auto-drive function (activated when opening the pause menu) during the race.
  • Please be kind and fair to other drivers and staff.

Overall, good sportsmanship is needed for this championship. I will take action against players who break the rules, with punishments depending on what they have done.
Below is the table of points for completing a race and other targets:
1st: 20 points
2nd: 17 points
3rd: 15 points
4th: 12 points
5th: 11 points
6th: 10 points
7th: 9 points
8th: 8 points
9th: 7 points
10th: 6 points
11th: 5 points
12th: 4 points
13th: 3 points
14th: 2 points
15th: 1 point
Pole position bonus: 4 points
'Zero-to-hero' bonus: 10 points (awarded if the player who gets last in qualifying wins the race)
Streak bonus: 5 points (awarded if an individual player wins three races in a row - cannot be awarded if the pole position or zero-to-hero bonuses have already been earnt)

Remember that points may be taken away for bad behaviour.
In the hopefully unlikely event a player breaks the rules or generally is not acting in a well-mannered way, different types of punishments can be given:
  • Minor infractions, like accidentally overtaking the pace car, will cause a 3-point penalty.
  • Medium-level infractions, like ramming someone and it causing them to go off-track, will incur a 6-point penalty.
  • Major infractions, like causing multiple cars to go off-track, will incur a 10-point penalty.
  • Constant offenders will earn more penalties until they are disqualified from the championship entirely.
  • Some offences, such as adding tuning parts after the start of the championship and bullying another driver or staff member, will result in immediate disqualification.

There are 15 spaces for drivers (the 16th is taken by the pace car). If you want to enter, tag me in this thread with your preferred racing number and then we can get started. I'd be really happy if you joined - I think I can start the championship if we get at least five drivers. But who knows, I might finally have a championship people want to take part in!

Entry list:​
  1. @GorditoKT (#29)​
  2. @Kermit_2142 (#46)​
  3. @Track_King47 (#47)​
  4. TwoTrashcansYT (#23)​
  5. @Canucks_9419 (#19)​
  6. @SPURS3420 (#34)​
  7. Not filled​
  8. Not filled​
  9. Not filled​
  10. Not filled​
  11. Not filled​
  12. Not filled​
  13. Not filled​
  14. Not filled​
  15. Not filled​
  16. Doomotron (pace car or potential driver (#24))​
Races take place on Saturdays with the lobby opening at 9:30pm GMT. This post will be updated when a race is scheduled.

Late arrivals are allowed. If the championship starts but not all places have been filled, or another driver leaves the competition, new drivers can join. A starting bonus will be given to late arrivals (6 points for every previous race). Note that late arrivals cannot join after race four (BB Raceway).

Finally, if you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me.​

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I have a couple of questions also:

Slipstream & Grip reduction not set to “real”?
Daytona instead of Route X perhaps?
Practice seems overly long?
Actual race start times, approx?
Ballast penalties for future races based upon finishing position?
Can liveries include own Car numbers or 1-15 only?
Could tyre/fuel rates be randomised for variety?
Maybe Pit lane penalties should be on?

Am very interested in joining, subject to rules being finalised.

Sounds interesting. I have a couple of questions also:

I would much rather do Daytona than Route X. And I wanna use my own number, 29 😂

Wow, I'm amazed my idea actually got some interest. Thank you both for your feedback.
Curious why no Daytona?
I completely forgot about it, it was 1am when I wrote it after all. I will add it.
I'f you'd prefer that I will change it.
Since Daytona is a very large and fast track it will fill the same criteria as the SSRX race, so yes I will consider replacing SSRX with Daytona.
I'll need some help here; what would be better: a shorter practise time or perhaps each driver only having a set number of laps to set their time?
I am not sure when either of you and any other potential applicants are from, so I intentionally left it blank so I can change it to a time that suits everybody. You and I are from the UK, but @GorditoKT is from the USA, so I wouldn't want it to be too late in the evening because of the time difference. Ideally, could both of you say when you are available on Saturday and/or Sunday; we can figure something out.
Good idea. How much ballast do you think would work well for this?
Any number.
When you say randomised, do you mean that the game has an option to set it as random or should I set it to a random amount and keep it a secret?
I am not aware of what these are, but I'll probably turn them on anyway.
Is it something like a penalty for cutting in the pit line?
Thanks! I'll put both of you down as entrants.

Last edited:
Hiya, thanks for replying.

I‘m far from being an expert on running a series but could you give me a day or so to “iron” some ideas out, unless you are in a rush to get started?

If ok, I’ll private message you.

Don’t put me down yet. But I will talk to my son and see if he is interested to join and we might… we are PST time so that may make it a challenge for us.

We race each other already with this concept.
(We made two Camaros already and capped their speed at 195 to make it more realistic, not suggesting you do that tho)

Wow, I'm amazed my idea actually got some interest. Thank you both for your feedback.

I completely forgot about it, it was 1am when I wrote it after all. I will add it.

I'f you'd prefer that I will change it.

Since Daytona is a very large and fast track it will fill the same criteria as the SSRX race, so yes I will consider replacing SSRX with Daytona.

I'll need some help here; what would be better: a shorter practise time or perhaps each driver only having a set number of laps to set their time?

I am not sure when either of you and any other potential applicants are from, so I intentionally left it blank so I can change it to a time that suits everybody. You and I are from the UK, but @GorditoKT is from the USA, so I wouldn't want it to be too late in the evening because of the time difference. Ideally, could both of you say when you are available on Saturday and/or Sunday; we can figure something out.

Good idea. How much ballast do you think would work well for this?

Any number.

When you say randomised, do you mean that the game has an option to set it as random or should I set it to a random amount and keep it a secret?

I am not aware of what these are, but I'll probably turn them on anyway.
Is it something like a penalty for cutting in the pit line?

Thanks! I'll put both of you down as entrants.
I’m interested aswell but it will depend on what time events will start :cheers:

Hiya, thanks for replying.

I‘m far from being an expert on running a series but could you give me a day or so to “iron” some ideas out, unless you are in a rush to get started?

If ok, I’ll private message you.
It's okay, it's not going to start just yet (the soonest I can do is next week) as I want to wait until I have enough drivers before starting.
Don’t put me down yet. But I will talk to my son and see if he is interested to join and we might… we are PST time so that may make it a challenge for us.

We race each other already with this concept.
(We made two Camaros already and capped their speed at 195 to make it more realistic, not suggesting you do that tho)
Should uiu join, will it be both of you separately or just your son?
I’m interested aswell but it will depend on what time events will start :cheers:
Cool. What time zone are you in?

It's okay, it's not going to start just yet (the soonest I can do is next week) as I want to wait until I have enough drivers before starting.

Should uiu join, will it be both of you separately or just your son?

Cool. What time zone are you in?
I’m UK but I don’t have a hope in racing before 10pm, more likely 11pm so wouldn’t expect you to organise around me. I’ll keep tabs on the thread and see what happens once you’ve got a schedule sorted etc :cheers:

I’m UK but I don’t have a hope in racing before 10pm, more likely 11pm so wouldn’t expect you to organise around me. I’ll keep tabs on the thread and see what happens once you’ve got a schedule sorted etc :cheers:
That is unfortunately quite late - however, players in the USA and other countries won't be affected by this because of the time difference. I remember playing Burnout at 4am just because there were players in other countries. The races should take between 45 minutes and a whole hour, so if you'd be willing to aim to get on closer to 10pm that should work fine for most people.

-----------

UPDATE FOR ALL DRIVERS

This is an update for all drivers, including those still considering entering. A test race will be held next Saturday, the 30th of April. This will be run to test the race format ahead of the official start of the championship as well as checking all of the cars to see if they comply with the rules - please have your cars ready for the race. All drivers should report their racing number and car model to me to be put on the entry list.

As for the race itself, it will be a short ten minute race around Blue Moon Bay Infield B. The results of the race will not affect the championship.

Last edited:
I would recommend banning the fully customisable gearbox, it is easily exploitable to bring your PP down.
I'm pretty sure that was patched. If it is still an issue, there is a case for it. The point of the test race is to find issues like this and see if they have an impact on the race.

20829341531649879.jpg

Car built. Don’t know if I will make practice Saturday but let me know target times.

That is unfortunately quite late - however, players in the USA and other countries won't be affected by this because of the time difference. I remember playing Burnout at 4am just because there were players in other countries. The races should take between 45 minutes and a whole hour, so if you'd be willing to aim to get on closer to 10pm that should work fine for most people.

-----------

UPDATE FOR ALL DRIVERS

This is an update for all drivers, including those still considering entering. A test race will be held next Saturday, the 30th of April. This will be run to test the race format ahead of the official start of the championship as well as checking all of the cars to see if they comply with the rules - please have your cars ready for the race. All drivers should report their racing number and car model to me to be put on the entry list.

As for the race itself, it will be a short ten minute race around Blue Moon Bay Infield B. The results of the race will not affect the championship.
I’ll do my best but I’m unable to be very reliable at the moment so it’s best to assume my sign up on a reserve/part time basis.

I am unable to race this weekend but will keep tabs on the thread for future races.

View attachment 1142739
Car built. Don’t know if I will make practice Saturday but let me know target times.
That looks really good. What PP is it by the way? Also, is the number at the back 47?
I’ll do my best but I’m unable to be very reliable at the moment so it’s best to assume my sign up on a reserve/part time basis.

I am unable to race this weekend but will keep tabs on the thread for future races.
My GT7 save has corrupted, so the test race this weekend will be postponed until I get it back (assuming I do). Otherwise, I am sure I can figure something out for you.

------

I am aiming to have the first race (whenever it happens) take place at 10pm GMT, which is the best I think I can do regarding the timing of the event. The event is currently too small to justify having multiple races at different times, which would have been my preferred option. The lobby itself will open earlier, as per the suggestion of @Cherryturbo.

Also with the help of Cherryturbo, I have made some changes to the championship. Firstly the races will be slightly shorter - I am aiming to have races last just over half an hour as Cherryturbo pointed out that long races could mean people are less interested. However, I would also like to have long races, so I might make the last race the length the one described in the OP. Because of the shorter races, I will also increase tyre wear and fuel usage so players will need to pit at least once. I am not sure which settings will work best for this, so the test race will have 2x fuel and 5x tyre wear, and I will change them in future races if I need to.

Ballast penalties will be implemented. Depending on how well you performed in the previous race, you will have to add up to 3% of your car's regular weight as ballast.

Qualifiying will last 15 minutes from the 'official' start of the event, with the actual race starting almost immediately after this.

Last edited:
Yes #is 47. I may change it up idk yet… right now I’m sitting at 680-698 pp pending tires
Just for curiosity, I got a 15.4 seconds around Northern Isle Speedway in my test car (I am still not sure if I'll compete or just be a pace car) which sits around 694PP on soft tyres. How fast are you around that track? My test car is based on the Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car and is very stable but understeers. I also made a less serious test car based on the regular Mustang, which suffered from snap oversteer and as a result was almost undriveable. How is your Camaro like to drive?

It requires you to take the corner right or you will hit wall at start line… but able to pull low 14’s med tires atm. seems stable… if you feel you have understeer try riding the high line and turning in through the the whole corner in last turn.

Just for curiosity, I got a 15.4 seconds around Northern Isle Speedway in my test car (I am still not sure if I'll compete or just be a pace car) which sits around 694PP on soft tyres. How fast are you around that track? My test car is based on the Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car and is very stable but understeers. I also made a less serious test car based on the regular Mustang, which suffered from snap oversteer and as a result was almost undriveable. How is your Camaro like to drive?

It is possible to flat foot the whole track if you take the right line. I was able to get down to a 13.7 on softs, 14.0 on meds and 14.3 on hards. Camaro, pp 680-700 depending on tires

Last edited:
Im still down for a shake down race Saturday night if anyone else wants to do one for fun. I’m EST time zone but also flexible all weekend on time
Feel free to run it, unfortunately I can't because of the save game situation (still haven't got any response; do any of you know how long it should take?).

Add me I may try it.. name is the same… 13.7? Damn I need to make some adjustments…

To keep comp close should we find best set ups for cars and share them or just be all on own and wish luck? Lol

Add me I may try it.. name is the same… 13.7? Damn I need to make some adjustments…

To keep comp close should we find best set ups for cars and share them or just be all on own and wish luck? Lol
The ballast penalties were implemented for this reason, but feel free to share your setups if you want closer competition (or to find where to improve ;)).

Consistency is a big thing. I can run 13.7s but with that set up I’m doing ten laps max. I’m setting my car up to run hards and am consistently 14.3-14.5 for a much longer amount of time. With that said, I happen to have a lot of free time right now and have turned hundreds of laps just at NIS in the last week trying to get a set up. That’s definitely been a big help. I don’t mind sharing my set up and my angle of approach if you wanna discuss that

Latest Posts

Back