Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Driving definitely feels different but more natural. Hitting a curb is more risky now if you do not know what you are doing, especially if you place 4 wheels on it.

Did the CE for the new track in 30 minutes. Not too difficult at all. Golded with 0.005 for gold but can definitely do better. Cool track, a lot of twists and turns, will definitely be fun on daily races.

Driving definitely feels different but more natural. Hitting a curb is more risky now if you do not know what you are doing, especially if you place 4 wheels on it.

Did the CE for the new track in 30 minutes. Not too difficult at all. Golded with 0.005 for gold but can definitely do better. Cool track, a lot of twists and turns, will definitely be fun on daily races.
Good, if the CE is easy then that motivates me to try it immediately whenever next time I load up gt7 and play it. I think the Subaru rally car will best suit the new online TT.

I need to read Famine's article to find out more.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't seen how a stock e36 looks like lol

Also another flaw on the E36. It has two mirror adjustment switches. One on each door. Seriously this has to be the absolute worst modeled car in this game
"Built from the ground up"

Chicane of death will be interesting to watch now lol

Last edited:
Looks like @alan_harake is from the US, because the US spec E36 does seem to have different taillights, but we have the EU (or I guess JP?) spec car, so they're correct.

img-5-960x.jpg

I managed to get five world records for now with the leaderboards resetting and if anyone wants to try and beat them I don't think it will be too hard but it will need quite unrealistic driving.

I will try for records in longer missions later and that will be a good test of the new pp system as well.

Good morning, a question for everyone. Have you had the opportunity to try driving licenses after the physical change? Are the times different? Were you able to beat your previous times?

Good morning, a question for everyone. Have you had the opportunity to try driving licenses after the physical change? Are the times different? Were you able to beat your previous times?
No, not yet. I'll try it Saturday. I'm gonna be busy tomorrow. Plus I'm taking a small break and am gearing up for the new big update.

The indicators were changed to clear in 1995 facelift according to wiki
The yellow car I posted is from a listing that says it's a 1997. I don't know enough about E36s to know if it's accurate or what the specifics are, but I'm seeing plenty of orange indicators on US auction sites.

Wow, that's a cool hot ride!!
The color is not at all the issue. Euro/US spec the tail lights are the same. The tail lamp lenses look cheap and clear? I guess is the best way to put it on GT7. On cheapo tail lights they look just like that almost see through and you can see each individual bulb socket. On a stock car you don't see that at all as pictured here with my friends E36 M3 with Euro spec tail lights next to my E34

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725-024014.png
    Screenshot_20240725-024014.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Definitely a massive update, tried to cover the main updates for now in this video. Did race my ghost from before the patch at Spa as well to see the differences with the new physics. Biggest thing for me is the last moment of braking but hard to fully tell with a BoP change as well. All Gr.3 cars are now rampant down the straights!

Some runs on the Nurb. One in a car I know, one I don't. Don't know how much these replays show off the new physics but you could definitely feel them. Not my best efforts but with some practise we'll be back to rights.

The color is not at all the issue. Euro/US spec the tail lights are the same. The tail lamp lenses look cheap and clear? I guess is the best way to put it on GT7. On cheapo tail lights they look just like that almost see through and you can see each individual bulb socket. On a stock car you don't see that at all as pictured here with my friends E36 M3 with Euro spec tail lights next to my E34
Doesnt seem any clearer than on the picture you posted 🤷🏼‍♂️
IMG_8909.jpeg

I'm disappointed that the Michelin writing is blackened out on vehicles.

Maybe they'll change this next update 😔
That's what tyres normally look like though... I don't know what yours look like but mine (regardless of brand) come with embossed branding. Speaking about street tyres, not track-specific tyres...

Back