Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Just in time to do unspeakable 90s things to the E36...
Well that’s as close as we’re getting to the 318i Super Touring car grille(Type C option).
View attachment 1375163
I was really hoping for the fog light covers, so this is ace.
p78
Another weird PD or Kaz swap, Atenza gets the v6 from the Gulia.
Can see this being a nice swap, downtuned to 250hp or so, just as a nice 3-series type car.

What are the 4? I only know 1. 727,500 every ~25mins, for the 1,746,000 average per hour. and that one has invaded my dreams... Ooof 3 legendary cars trophy. Really wish there was an up to date tl;dr for GT7, started in March knowing 0 and found out too much after time wasting the hard way.
Youve got Tokyo 12 laps. Le Mans, which is 30 mins, Sardigna and Spar which is 1 hour. These are what i class as the big payers.

I just wanna hear more about the physics. It’s after 1am here on the west coast and I need to go to sleep in 20 minutes and am too tired to fire it up for myself tonight 🤣
All curbs are now deathtraps.

I don't know why, but with the new physics, bumps create more bumps and eventually you lose control.

Put your inside two tires on a curb. Your car will eventually flip over.

Put all four wheels on a curb. Your car will hop all wheels like a lowrider, no steering control, and go straight into a wall.

This is not a deliberate bug that only happens with crazy tuning.

This is a real tragedy that happened to me with a PP600 Corvette that I used a lot in SP/MP before the update and had a lot of trust and confidence in the tuning.

All curbs are now deathtraps.

I don't know why, but with the new physics, bumps create more bumps and eventually you lose control.

Put your inside two tires on a curb. Your car will eventually flip over.

Put all four wheels on a curb. Your car will hop all wheels like a lowrider, no steering control, and go straight into a wall.

This is not a deliberate bug that only happens with crazy tuning.

This is a real tragedy that happened to me with a PP600 Corvette that I used a lot in SP/MP before the update and had a lot of trust and confidence in the tuning.
Controller or wheel?

Quick notes after 100+ km of test driving the new physics:
  • FFB on my G29 feels significantly better, drifting/powersliding is way more natural now (the latter applies to DualSense too).
  • Tail-happy FR cars, like Ferrari F12 and Shelby GT350R, feel slightly more tail-happy. But with improved FFB I don't mind it.
  • I can finally drive with ABS turned off (like in any other game I play)... but perhaps recalibrating brake pedal did it rather than tweaks to ABS on PD's side.
  • Unfortunately, PD did nothing about the absurd lift-off oversteer in some cars so Lamborghini Miura still drives like crap 😅
As for Eiger Nordwand, it's a very pretty track that feels very nostalgic and fits broad range of road cars, but I'm not sure if one 2.4 km variant (or two variants if you count the reversed one) is enough to keep us alive until the next track arrives ;D

Oh, I think the post-race results screen (the one with payout and daily marathon bar) is now much quicker to get through :)

Last edited:
😂😂😂 I think the new track is absolutely terrible. I’ll do the events once and never touch it again.

The new physics feel awesome. A bit more simy I would say.
Definitely have to be a bit more careful trail breaking into corners otherwise your car just goes straight.
Might be a change related to ABS?
Sophy on the Nordschleife doesn’t feel that different from the regular AI. The 2 front runners are a bit quicker maybe.
I think we know by now that you have a personal dislike for it...

but might I ask what makes it "terrible" to you? I think it's a fantastic technical track for medium-quick road cars, is stunning to look at and fills a gap in the track selection.

But of course it's all personal preference... so it'd be interesting to know WHY you dislike it.

What does it mean 'PP for all featured cars have been updated' Which are the festured cars? I know they mess with thr PP with updates but im a little confysed with thus statement.lol

I dunno if the new update is making cars faster in a straight line - it's certainly changed the setups required for top speed - but that new Lambo with 1075hp is good for over 300mph :eek:

They literally look like cheap eBay tail lights that belong in the bin. Nowhere near the real thing.
20829262661707491.jpg

bc8145219caf6afee7572b706c0eea4f_432043.jpg

I realise the forum will do some compressing but..

I can't access my homepage on the laptop, so PD must still be working on the update.

1721898280301.png

I guess I'll wait a little bit longer and then refresh the page.

Back