Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
I thought we were going to get that warning ⚠️ they have on gtws, but I guess not.
Trust me, when they are down to <5% you may as well be driving on warning sign-shaped tyres for all the grip they give. I'd estimate full-red tyres are about 12 seconds a lap slower on a regular-length track, and that's if you keep it on the road.

So if PD doesn't want ppl to feel bad about losing to Sophy because it's too good, here is some idea - have another difficulty level (pro or whatever) that is hidden and can be unlocked, like:
Pro level unlocks if you have gold on all regular license tests, or it unlocks only for the track where you have golded CE.

Some folks will be happy winning on hard and those who put effort for gold times can battle with harder AI.

by the way. For those who thought that GT8 is around the corner and it is GT7 end of the line. This update proves that GT7 is here to stay for a long time. PD would not change physics so dramatically if they planned to release new entry soon.
Now I don’t think GT8 is around the corner at all, but this 1.49 updates doesn’t prove what you are saying at all. These racing games nowadays are so huge that it’s just 1 continued development. GT7 built upon GTS and I’m sure GT8 on its turn will build upon GT7.

So these new physics are not only for GT7, they will be for GT8 as well (and will most likely further develop in the future).

So if PD doesn't want ppl to feel bad about losing to Sophy because it's too good, here is some idea - have another difficulty level (pro or whatever) that is hidden and can be unlocked, like:
Pro level unlocks if you have gold on all regular license tests, or it unlocks only for the track where you have golded CE.

Some folks will be happy winning on hard and those who put effort for gold times can battle with harder AI.
I said a few months ago that the current game needs to be the new arcade mode. Rename "arcade" to "casual" to lessen the blow to their fans ego's.

That'll allow PD to transition into being a real sim. I truly believe they're trying to cater to 8 year old's and their original fans from 1997.

Not a lot to say- love the 430 Scud, Eiger not so much. Really like the physics, even on my G29. Maybe unrelated, but scored my first ever GT7 Sport win at Spa (in the Lexus), so I'm already a little biased! I think the overall grip is the same or slightly less, but what is there is more accessible, especially in low to mid speed corners and in transition zones. IMO, the cars continue to do car-like things when given car-like inputs, and now they do so a little better than before.
I'm still playing with FFB settings, and a few of my setups needed tweaking to adjust the PP settings (My 550 and 600 PP Camaros all went higher...) The real question is will I play more with the new physics? YES!

Now I don’t think GT8 is around the corner at all, but this 1.49 updates doesn’t prove what you are saying at all. These racing games nowadays are so huge that it’s just 1 continued development. GT7 built upon GTS and I’m sure GT8 on its turn will build upon GT7.

So these new physics are not only for GT7, they will be for GT8 as well (and will most likely further develop in the future).
Exactly my thoughts. New updates in GT7 don't necessarily mean it will be supported for a longer period, and the new physics update might just be a testbed for GT8. As for Sophy, I doubt it will be available for all tracks, weather conditions, and modes in GT7. It's likely being prepared for a full release in GT8. This will give us another reason to upgrade when the new game comes out. It is what it is.

As an original fan from 1997 without an ego, 'arcade' makes no sense because it doesn't replicate an arcade experience
That's wholly subjective.

and 'casual' is just stupid because what you want from the game is entirely independent of your level of commitment to it.
Then call it "less sim mode", whatever doesn't trigger you or anyone else.

My point is that there needs to be a proper sim mode that's unbounded by the limitations of casual players. That's the major takeaway from my comment.

I’ve been having a strange issue while driving the E36. Whenever the suspension goes through any kind of major compression (for example, Foxhole on the Nurburgring) the car will steer sharply left or right randomly.
I’d blame the new physics but it almost feels like an AI is taking over the controls - it’s that strong. I have fully adjustable suspension on but default setup other than that. Anyone had similar?

I also can't get a bronze time on there, usually manage close to silver on the first lap on these TT's so I'm going to have to brush up with the CE.

Love the fast back section after the tu....pit lane though and look forward to some daily races here.
I only ran a few laps on the TT, and barely made bronze. Went over to the CE, and golded it all fairly quick. Maybe took 10 or so laps on the final. Definitely got to go back to the TT, and see if I can do better.

Agreed on the back section. It has always been my favorite part, so glad to see it wasn't changed too much, as far as the flow.

I’ve been having a strange issue while driving the E36. Whenever the suspension goes through any kind of major compression (for example, Foxhole on the Nurburgring) the car will steer sharply left or right randomly.
I’d blame the new physics but it almost feels like an AI is taking over the controls - it’s that strong. I have fully adjustable suspension on but default setup other than that. Anyone had similar?
Raise the ride height or stiffen the suspension and see if it still does it.

That's wholly subjective.

Then call it "less sim mode", whatever doesn't trigger you or anyone else.

My point is that there needs to be a proper sim mode that's unbounded by the limitations of casual players. That's the major takeaway from my comment.
You know you can just play a full sim right? Like, you aren't bloodbound to playing Gran Turismo. Just play something else for what you want out of a 'proper sim' and go back to Gran Turismo for what Gran Turismo offers. You don't have to pick and choose, you have no contractual obligation.

It's a much better way to approach things than getting frustrated on the internet is.

You know you can just play a full sim right? Like, you aren't bloodbound to playing Gran Turismo. Just play something else for what you want out of a 'proper sim' and go back to Gran Turismo for what Gran Turismo offers. You don't have to pick and choose, you have no contractual obligation.

It's a much better way to approach things than getting frustrated on the internet is.
I think there's only one person here that's getting frustrated and it's you. I'm merely discussing my thoughts on the game. You're so upset about this that you're missing the point. I'll spell it out for you one more time...

It's my opinion that GT is trying to straddle the line between sim and sim-cade and with the latest update, it seems like they're doing a bad job at both things. That's my only point. I'm not saying one or the other is better. I'm not degrading anyone's preferences. I merely suggested a way to appease fans of both demographics.

They should keep the current game as is and offer an additional level of difficulty for those who want more out of the game in terms of difficulty and ability to tweak settings. I'm not the one defining what this game is, PD is doing that on their via their actions and they're trying to have the best of both worlds and are doing a poor job of it.

Last edited:
I think there's only one person here that's getting frustrated and it's you. I'm merely discussing my thoughts on the game. You're so upset about this that you're missing the point. I'll spell it out for you one more time...

It's my opinion that GT is trying to straddle the line between sim and sim-cade and with the latest update, it seems like they're doing a bad job at both things. That's my only point. I'm not saying one or the other is better. I'm not degrading anyone's preferences. I merely suggested a way to appease fans of both demographics.

They should keep the current game as is and offer an additional level of difficulty for those who want more out of the game in terms of difficulty and ability to tweak settings. I'm not the one defining what this game is, PD is doing that on their via their actions and they're trying to have the best of both worlds and are doing a poor job of it.
Bold claim from the guy spending multiple days repeating the same point. I don't care what you think, certainly not enough to get frustrated about it. But rather than sitting in your armchair making judgments about what game you think PD is making and what game you think they should be making to appease you - you can just play games that appease you instead. Not hard.

Yep, same for me with modified suspension. Try to create a 'Custom Race' with 20 E36s with fully adjustable suspension and watch them suffer to get through the Nordschleife under 15 minutes. Although I installed a widebody kit and both wide rims with wheel offset, I didn't see AI struggling as much with the same settings before.

I'm sure it's both an issue with the overall physics and the car itself.

adventure-time-now.gif

Sounds like your wheels are hitting the inside of the wheel Wells. Maybe possible to raise up the height or stiffen the springs .

Regarding a so called arcade or casual mode, it’s not needed as it’s already there in the form of stability control and traction control.

Again it’s similar to real life as in say someone learning how to drive to the limits of their car on a track day can use stability and traction control until such times that they can drop the assists as they become more proficient.

Regarding a so called arcade or casual mode, it’s not needed as it’s already there in the form of stability control and traction control.

Again it’s similar to real life as in say someone learning how to drive to the limits of their car on a track day can use stability and traction control until such times that they can drop the assists as they become more proficient.
I largely agree with that but I was more so referring to how PD seemingly handles/neuters peripherals in effort maintain a level playing field and/or not to create artificial divisions within the userbase.

Additionally, I was thinking about my earlier suggestion and would make an amendment to it. I think you're right that a casual mode isn't needed but possibly tier above the current sport mode where peripherals aren't being neutered. We've been talking about that a bit in another thread.

Sounds like your wheels are hitting the inside of the wheel Wells. Maybe possible to raise up the height or stiffen the springs .
I had this behavior for over 6 months now with different cars doing my daily nordschleife races because I usually lower the car height to lowest possible values. But same thing happens with the extreme opposite/max height :D

Real-life GT3 racers use traction control, but sure it’s just for arcade casuals

VXR
I wonder how much of the visual effect here, and the contentious taillights is down to the awful RT implementation in GT Auto?
I wondered that as well but it seems too far off for it to be lighting alone. Definitely not impossible, though. 👍

Latest Posts

Back