Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
full

full

full

full

full

full
Beautiful photos, that Lotus is also beautiful.

In other note, any tips for trailbrake in controller PS4?

Talking about the cars, even though before i said the cars were mid, i changed about my opinion and after getting around with the M3, the Scuderia and the Gallardo i can say these were fun to drive after tweaking around with the tune. But still missing an 488 Pista it coukd even serve as a big brother of the 430 Scuderia, really love that car, hope we get it soon or even in GT8.

In other note, any tips for trailbrake in controller PS4?
There’s corners where trailbraking works, and others where it doesn’t 😉

I found adjusting brake bias most helpful, depending on the car -1 or +1 can make a huge difference and compliment the driving style.

The physics change is interesting.
I broke my lap time records multiple times in the first attempt (sardegna grind with the 787b), but I lost my confidence in the car and the race in total was 30+ seconds slower than pre 1.49

I'm absolutely delighted that you can put a turbo on the Gallardo! I haven't done it yet but I will tonight. I also have to say that the car sounds really good with a racing exhaust... better than the Huracan and Audi R8 GT3. Just make sure that you brake really early for the big banked hairpin on Maggiore or the car will shoot off to the left. At least that's what happens with you equip the fully adjustable suspension kit, steel slotted race brakes and GT3 style front bumper. The car is fine everywhere else though.

You're probably going to like it. The Gallardo, fully tuned, is the 4th fastest road car in the game (and the 2nd fastest non-Bugatti, behind the Enzo Ferrari).

Every single pokal wheel added look so good. They are also pretty unique to what was in the game before they arrived. The Pokal DR5 is pretty much my new favorite wheel in the game.

Before Pokal showed up in GT7 I’ve never heard of the brand but it could be they are popular and I’m just out of the loop irl car culture. Either way good job PD for bringing this new brand to the game.

I’m the same! First time I’d heard of them was in the trailer! They are way more expensive than the other wheels though!!

I played last night for the first time in a few months since switching to FM23. I really enjoyed the new physics with my wheel. Rally is much easier to control, and I now have a better feeling of what the car is actually doing. Road cars seem to respond better to lift-off oversteer now. The CE for the new track seemed very easy for some reason. I got through each sector within minutes and the whole track took me 3 tries to gold. The times should have been much lower for gold. Overall, I'm not a big fan of the track though. It's bland and boring. I'll still take that over more cars though. I would have just preferred a real world circuit.

Getting used to the new physics. You definitely have to be more on it at all times.

Casually driving around while listening to a podcast is a thing of the past.

Trail breaking is no longer optional.

Not 100% sure how I feel about it. It's absolutely fun, but for someone like me who also plays ACC the unique more casual flavor of GT was also really fire.

What I can't wrap my head around right now is how TC works. It's both too aggressive and too soft at the same time.

I've experimented with 1 to 3. Even on 1 I still feel it's sometimes too aggressive mid corner and even at 3 I manage to spin in La Source or the final chicane in Spa.

Last edited:
This is anecdotal, and might just be a personal preference thing, but I'm definitely preferring ABS Weak to ABS Default on the new physics. I think the extra trailbraking rotation it provides is a lot easier to consistently control now.

@cleanLX @SPOOLMAN @Guffaluff @JDMKING13

OK drove 30 minutes. Mostly wow so far. Finally, that awful terminal understeer we’ve been plagued with for decades seems massively improved. I drove the P1 GTR at the Glen just because that’s the last thing I was doing before the update. Huge difference. Getting the front end down to apexes is no longer a constant war. Can go to power earlier—much earlier in many corners—than before as a result. A+

Then I hit Spa in a Super Formula. I’m using the DD+ wheelbase. The feedback, detail, and change in loading through corners—Eau Rouge, for example—is very good and improved. It’s great. BUT sadly, it’s true: they’ve somehow somewhat nerfed the steering WEIGHT in some cars, indeed. Previously, I ran in-game torque at 5 or 6 and it was good for me in every car. Now? I had to turn it back to max 10 for the SF and it’s still too light. Drivable, but far less engaging and physical.

Previously, I could barely turn the wheel with that torque value set to 10. Now I don’t know if I’ll have to even dial it back at all for my nine-year-old dude to drive. Like, WTF? I really hope PD patches this. In the McLaren GTR at the Glen, I turned it up from my old 5 setting to 7 and it’s fine, so it’s definitely only certain cars. Super weird and silly.

But other than that, this is going to be a blast more than ever in most cars. But they need to fix this weight issue, unless someone figures out it can be solved by Fanatec wheel tuning-menu settings …
Ive read that the SF is on a list of bugged cars which are apparently super light in the ffb dept. Did gr3 and gr4 cars the past couple days and the weight has been good for all of them. Doing normal cars today.

Eta: general statement: try adjusting bb until all 4 wheels lock up as close to simultaneous as possible. It helps to settle the car.

Last edited:
This is anecdotal, and might just be a personal preference thing, but I'm definitely preferring ABS Weak to ABS Default on the new physics. I think the extra trailbraking rotation it provides is a lot easier to consistently control now.
Interesting. Will check it out later today.

Are you talking about the torque-vectoring center differential? If it's this you can actually buy it, i've installed it to my "GT3" Gallardo to make it RWD.

Oh god! Thanks. It is there. I somewhat mistaken the 4wd control system available in professional tab. But yeah. It is available! Great :) too bad we can go for 5:95 maksimum.

Casually driving around while listening to a podcast is a thing of the past.
I agree! I used to drive the same way, now I'm forced to listen to the warning sound of my brakes locking up lmao.

Not 100% sure how I feel about it. It's absolutely fun, but for someone like me who also plays ACC the unique more casual flavor of GT was also really fire.
Blame me, I was wish-casting for years and it finally came true LOL.

I agree! I used to drive the same way, now I'm forced to listen to the warning sound of my brakes locking up lmao.

Blame me, I was wish-casting for years and it finally came true LOL.
The amazing and mind blowing thing is that even, just like in real life, when you have the highest fidelity and accuracy like the in the real driving simulator Gran Turismo 7, you can enjoy casual car life and liveries, and scapes and racing AI and online championships and time trials just as much as laser focused lap times are the only thing that matter endeavors. But when you have the fidelity coupled with the breadth of options, then it falls on you to chase your own dream instead of just living inside someone else's choices.

I'm not so sure of this statement, I'm still trail braking but I find I either start earlier or I will be increasing brake pressure more before letting off to turn into the corner.

As a VR player, I feel like this update has really improved the feel of the game... Instead of just feeling over/understeer, I can feel which wheel is losing traction, and the weight shifting is much more intuitive.

It's trickier and challenging, but in the right ways now. Setups feel very off now, so I really wish there was a reset to default option, but I can imagine tuning will now feel a lot more logical, and will have the feedback you expect.

The Tokyo 600 race has now become challenging again. Took the new Ferrari 430 Scudi out stock with just a detune to 600 and came in 3rd. I don't think I've lost this with any of the Ferrari's @ 600pp, even the classics. I'd probably have to tune this for sport medium tires in order to win easier, because you need to pit once so the hards are not ideal.

Diablo is my benchmark, and was able to win, but it was closer than usual, better and cleaner racing, and a much more enjoyable challenge.

Rally was night and day compared to 1.48. I now want long rally special stages in GT7?

Bravo Polyphony! I am sure some players hate the update, and I know there are some bugs, but this feels like a huge leap forward for realistic driving physics and immersion in this game.

I'm not so sure of this statement, I'm still trail braking but I find I either start earlier or I will be increasing brake pressure more before letting off to turn into the corner.

Yeh, I have never really learned how to trail brake and it's still just fine, comfortable gold in the latest online TT at Eiger without any deliberate trail braking at all. I suppose I might do it unintentionally but I don't think so...

Group 1 had some serious work done. Before, you couldn't even break 300kmh with any hybrid LMP, and you needed to gimp the downforce completely to match their real top speeds at Le Mans. Now they have less stock downforce (1100/1400 from 1200/1800, Group C has 750/1500 from 800/1400), MUCH LESS DRAG, and they're easier to drive as well. The GT-R actually has a worthwhile speed advantage now.
That being said, the gimped the hybrid motors H-A-R-D. It's practically impossible to drain the batteries now, but the cars (especially the R18 2016) aren't dragsters anymore. Narrower deploy range as well - Porsche 919 deploys from 95-235kmh, the TS050 from 83-240kmh, and the R18 from 86-239kmh. Cars with small batteries, like the McLaren, TS030, and L750R, no longer deploy past 250kmh. And yes, this is part of an effort by PD to actually balance this category. Does it mean Gr1 races will no longer be 919lol or 787Blol? Probably not, but it's better than what we had.
power-weight-changes-gr1-149-m.png

Oh, and they deploy while turning, so that's cool

Last edited:
Yeh, I have never really learned how to trail brake and it's still just fine, comfortable gold in the latest online TT at Eiger without any deliberate trail braking at all. I suppose I might do it unintentionally but I don't think so...

Do you break into the corner or do you only break on the straight before the corner?

My humble 2 cents about the new physics as an average driver on a controller.

I feel like I have to work more to make the cars turn. (Understeer). On race cars (I drove the Viper Gr4 at Laguna Seca for the Weekly Challenge thing and the Mclaren MP4/4 for the S10 master license) the understeer is ok. You just get used to it. Start breaking earlier and then build up from there with your breaking distance and turning/throttle inputs.

However I guess the understeer is more present than never on road cars. And since road cars can be very unique in your own way, you get to work more on "learning" each car and how to build up speed. Some cars that I had fully customized suspension settings are now a big mess. The stock suspension in some vehicles seems to be very high height and when you upshift or hit the breaks, the car leans forward (the new Gallardo '08 for example) Which I don't like. Leaning side to side is also a thing (my Golf GTi '83 at Eiger Norwand). Also something I dislike.

I wonder if good out of the box stock road cars will be less common from now on. I mean, the new suspension settings make me think if adjusting the car's height and making the suspension stiffer will be a must, instead of an optional path.

Another thing. Every 10 laps race in the game for either Gr4 or Gr3 I always started with RS tyres, getting a pit at lap 5 for gas and new RS. This was always my standart strategy. And that always made get P1.

But this didn't work with the Viper Gr4 at Laguna Seca. My RS tyres were red dead by the end of lap 4. Either the tyre wear rate were changed for the race or the new physics affected it. I tend to think it is the new physics. Anyways, I had a one pit stop strategy at lap 6, RH tyres and won the race just ok.

Back