Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Has anyone noticed any changes in the regular A.I.? They feel different to me a bit, but I don't know if it's true or if it's just in my head since I haven't touched this game in a while.

Yeah. They are either faster overall or I’m slower. They remind me a bit of Sophy in their aggressiveness.

Group 1 had some serious work done. Before, you couldn't even break 300kmh with any hybrid LMP, and you needed to gimp the downforce completely to match their real top speeds at Le Mans. Now they have less stock downforce (1100/1400 from 1200/1800, Group C has 750/1500 from 800/1400), MUCH LESS DRAG, and they're easier to drive as well. The GT-R actually has a worthwhile speed advantage now.
That being said, the gimped the hybrid motors H-A-R-D. It's practically impossible to drain the batteries now, but the cars (especially the R18 2016) aren't dragsters anymore. Narrower deploy range as well - Porsche 919 deploys from 95-235kmh, the TS050 from 83-240kmh, and the R18 from 86-239kmh. Cars with small batteries, like the McLaren, TS030, and L750R, no longer deploy past 250kmh. And yes, this is part of an effort by PD to actually balance this category. Does it mean Gr1 races will no longer be 919lol or 787Blol? Probably not, but it's better than what we had.
View attachment 1376071
Oh, and they deploy while turning, so that's cool
All that work to fix a problem that should not even exist. Destroying everything that makes cars unique in order to create a frakenstein category mixing cars from almost 50 years with current age Hypercars simply doesn't work.

Common sense it's always the last resort when it comes to Poliphony Digital.

The AI seemed to have better race craft, side by side with other AI or myseld in the new Eiger Gr.B race, however I found that the other races the AI have been the same,

So is AI race specifically scripted like the chilli races? Please PD make all AI like the chilli races

Has anyone noticed any changes in the regular A.I.? They feel different to me a bit, but I don't know if it's true or if it's just in my head since I haven't touched this game in a while.
I have, but I think it's just that the normal AI can drive better with the new tire/suspension model.

Same paths, same aggressiveness, but able to navigate turns better and handle loss of traction now.

Did you upgrade it by any chance? I was getting this too under braking after putting it on racing tires with the fully customizable suspension, stiffening it fixed it.
Yes. It seems it is some kind of problem with better suspension, but on stock suspension this problem happens also but is less extreme than on modified one.

I manage to capture a video of the problem (fully modified gallardo race suspension race hard tires)

Notice the steering wheel animation but it actually disrupts my input! It happens only in gallardo as a benchmark here is a video of 430 scuderia (stock)

This kills Gallardo usebility for me.

Last edited:
Yeah. They are either faster overall or I’m slower. They remind me a bit of Sophy in their aggressiveness.
That's what I was feeling too, it's why I was asking the question. Though that could also be the new physics affecting the cars maybe. I tried doing Super GT race on Autopolis a couple days ago in my GT-ONE and struggled, but then tried again in the Lexus RCF and won.

I have, but I think it's just that the normal AI can drive better with the new tire/suspension model.

Same paths, same aggressiveness, but able to navigate turns better and handle loss of traction now.
It is feeling a bit like that with me in the races I tried so far.

The Eiger track and CE is real tricky, I have to watch the elevation changes at Sectors 1 and 2. Going too fast can upset the balance of any car I drive there. The best I could do at the lap attack was clear it with a bronze time in the 1'12.000's. So for now I've finished all CE's with at least bronze.

Last edited:
Yes. It seems it is some kind of problem with better suspension, but on stock suspension this problem happens also but is less extreme than on modified one.

I manage to capture a video of the problem (fully modified gallardo race suspension race hard tires)

Notice the steering wheel animation but it actually disrupts my input! It happens only in gallardo as a benchmark here is a video of 430 scuderia (stock)

am I the only one who has this issue? Saw some Gallardo videos on YT and nobody had this problem... Do anyone know then what is causing this?

Last edited:

These tests (even though not representative of all scenarios) suggest that the AI is overall slower:

am I the only one who has this issue? Saw some Gallardo videos on YT and nobody had this problem... Do anyone know then what is causing this?
Have the same issue. At monza when driving through curva granda the gallardo will just pull to the outside of the corner at some point. undrivable in the setup I have.

I wonder how easy it is for PD to revert the physics until they sort this mess out. I too have found the Gallardo to simply not turn with a stock set-up, and having driven one at a driving experience thing, I know that’s not the case.

To give credit where it’s due though, the rally physics feel great now. I used to hate GT rallying with a passion, really enjoyed thus week’s event using the new (stock) Scooby.

As it should, road cars heavily assisted power steering, more modern cars are electrically assisted, race cars especially high aero cars will generally be slightly less assisted for feel, higher downforce will be felt in the steering.
It is correct. To bad that Super Formula, Formula 1 and RedBull are much much lighter so much that people need to increase max torque to the max.

I love this new physics, some cars are really great, but I also do think some things are broken now, some cars, and some scenarios.

I've been wondering if they're secretly using Sophy in other areas of the game... The base AI def feels a bit different at times. It was during the weekly races that I've had my thoughts that it may be Sophy.

Last edited:

The standard suspension settings make the tires rub in the wheel arches.
I had the same problem as you, upped the car by 20mm front and rear and it's ok for now.

The standard suspension settings make the tires rub in the wheel arches.
I had the same problem as you, upped the car by 20mm front and rear and it's ok for now.
Im going to give this a try, im having similair issue with the M3 on fully adjustable suspension.Sometimes it veirs to the left or right quite violently without any real reason, replacing stock suspension sorted it for me, a few people are having this issue but it may also be me.

This happen also in fully stock gallardo but is less severe. But yeah generally it shouldn’t be that way and it is clearly broken in some way.
I don’t know.. I only put on Sport Soft tires and destroyed the field in that special event race! The car felt amazing!

I earned all gold in the three sectors of Eiger, but my lap is hindering me from the million dollars. I stand at 1'09.510. Some of the glitches make me rofl. It's like an earthquake has flown all cars around.

1722199364879.png

I can't help but laugh at the absurdness.

Is it just me or dose it feel like cars fishtale alot easier now (lose control) after 1.49 update? In the supra once she starts to fishtale, there's no way to save it. By the way I'm using a controller, too lazy to set up steering wheel jus for casual play

Is it just me or dose it feel like cars fishtale alot easier now (lose control) after 1.49 update? In the supra once she starts to fishtale, there's no way to save it. By the way I'm using a controller, too lazy to set up steering wheel jus for casual play
Learn how to exit turns without mashing down on accelerator causing that oversteer...

Back