Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Well, it has been nearly two weeks since the update and I'm sorry to say that it has rather killed the game for me.

Not because I think the physics are bad or worse, far from it, when I have played it has felt great, but after 1000+ hours I was naturally playing the game less already and the majority of my time was spent in PP lobbies with friends. Since the update, most of the group doesn't really have the time or motivation to fix all the cars with their new PPs, so it is tailing off. Perhaps it's too late in a game's lifecycle to have such a dramatic change?

I'm a bit sad about it really because we've had so much fun as a group over the last 2 years or so, but it was bound to happen at some point. I hope a short break and maybe another update or two will see the motivation return, we'll see. For now, I suspect I will just boot it up every now and then to bask in the glory of VR.

Well, it has been nearly two weeks since the update and I'm sorry to say that it has rather killed the game for me.

Not because I think the physics are bad or worse, far from it, when I have played it has felt great, but after 1000+ hours I was naturally playing the game less already and the majority of my time was spent in PP lobbies with friends. Since the update, most of the group doesn't really have the time or motivation to fix all the cars with their new PPs, so it is tailing off. Perhaps it's too late in a game's lifecycle to have such a dramatic change?

I'm a bit sad about it really because we've had so much fun as a group over the last 2 years or so, but it was bound to happen at some point. I hope a short break and maybe another update or two will see the motivation return, we'll see. For now, I suspect I will just boot it up every now and then to bask in the glory of VR.
Most of the PP „fixes“ should be done with small adjustments to extra weight or engine power.
We already had PP changes in a smaller scale with the updates before. I don’t see this as such a huge dealbreaker.
But sure probably after such a long time with more than 1000 hours it’s time to take a break and switch to different games.

Most of the PP „fixes“ should be done with small adjustments to extra weight or engine power.
Though it totally changes how a car performs compared to before - and not always into "better" but propably even into "worse".
I dont mind seeing the cars competition closer together, yet I do mind having to invest effort into recreating "that one car I liked so much". Its a "favourite thing"-thing, and this simply doesnt exist to me any more which is an odd thing to say.
They could have bumped up any events PP by 20 points to compensate so "we as the player" dont need to change too much - this was done before to some events in previous updates (for reasons I do not see related).

Though it totally changes how a car performs compared to before - and not always into "better" but propably even into "worse".
I dont mind seeing the cars competition closer together, yet I do mind having to invest effort into recreating "that one car I liked so much". Its a "favourite thing"-thing, and this simply doesnt exist to me any more which is an odd thing to say.
They could have bumped up any events PP by 20 points to compensate so "we as the player" dont need to change too much - this was done before to some events in previous updates (for reasons I do not see related).
Yeh, it's that more than anything. Of course it's quick and easy to bring a car up/down to a desired PP but the whole competitive order has been completely changed, it takes time, effort and plenty of racing to figure that out.

We already had PP changes in a smaller scale with the updates before. I don’t see this as such a huge dealbreaker.
But sure probably after such a long time with more than 1000 hours it’s time to take a break and switch to different games.
Unfortunately, some can no longer meet the PP requirements. My beloved LM55 being among them.

Hi there!

Have you guys driven at Nurburgring after 1.49?

I visited the green hell today in the European Clubman 600 (the one with Gallo and his super Giulia) and some parts of the track where I could drive with no problem, despite the undulations and compressions and jumps, today I just couldn't. It demanded more careful approach and being careful with throttle.

I don't know the names by heart, but the Fox Hole (the braking uphill after a high speed section), a small jump before the sector with Bellof's Esses and the hard braking zone right at the end of the track just a little bit after the Blisten bridge were the parts I had to be more careful.

I'm not complaining about the new physics, it's just an observation. I'd just like to know if someone else has seen the same.

The car I drove today were the Aston Martin Vantage V12, on SS with sport brakes pad and sport brakes kit. Other than that 100% stock.

Last edited:
Hi there!

I visited the green hell today in the European Clubman 600 (the one with Gallo and his super Giulia) and some parts of the track where I could drive with no problem, despite the undulations and compressions and jumps, today I just couldn't. It demanded more careful approach and being careful with throttle.

I don't know the names by heart, but the Fox Hole (the braking uphill after a high speed section), a small jump before the sector with Bellof's Esses and the hard braking zone right at the end of the track just a little bit after the Blisten bridge were the parts I had to be more careful.

I'm not complaining about the new physics, it's just an observation. I'd just like to know if someone else has seen the same.

The car I drove today were the Aston Martin Vantage V12, on SS with sport brakes pad and sport brakes kit. Other than that 100% stock.
It's been working fine for me. That's weird what you experienced there, did you reboot your Playstation? Or did it still do the same thing after? There is supposed to be another server notice update expected to take place at 2am-4am on August 7th which is tomorrow. Hopefully they will correct any issues/bugs.

It's been working fine for me. That's weird what you experienced there, did you reboot your Playstation? Or did it still do the same thing after? There is supposed to be another server notice update expected to take place at 2am-4am on August 7th which is tomorrow. Hopefully they will correct any issues/bugs.
It is not a problem or an issue or even a bug. Not it all.

The car reacted in a different way (I presume because of the new physics) and I would like to know if anybody else had the same driving experience. That is all.

I'm still currently doing the 1.49 glitch live despite 1.50 being out via going into scapes movies before the maintenance started.

I guess I will see how long I can stay at least for a few hours.

Edit- it went for about 17 minutes before it automatically stopped. From what I can tell I was still technically the last person doing the glitch but here's a much longer and higher resolution video of the glitch for almost an hour.

Last edited:
Update
08/07/2024
Update Details (1.50)

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of adjustments introduced.
Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
 - Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings.

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!

Update
08/07/2024
Update Details (1.50)

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of adjustments introduced.
1. Car Settings
 - Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings.

Interesting it says “improvements” and not “fixed” 🤣
Was hoping they’d also fix the steering wheel weight issue for the cars affected by it. Praying that also gets patched soon.

Last edited:
Update
08/07/2024
Update Details (1.50)

1. Car Settings

This is comical to see in an official capacity. Especially for a company like PD who are usually so straight cut and professional. Makes it all the more funny when they have a patch note like this.

Hi there!

Update 1.49 made car suspensions more sensitive to the impact of bumps and kerbs. That’s probably what you’re experiencing.

Last edited:
It depends on what you want to achieve. The in-game tuning screen explains what the different settings do.
I'd like the car to be able to deal with the undulations changes and curbs a little bit better.

Should I get a stiffer suspension then?

I'd like the car to be able to deal with the undulations changes and curbs a little bit better.

Should I get a stiffer suspension then?
What do you mean by “deal with”? Absorb more or absorb less?

You can try buying a street or sports suspension upgrade if you want a lower and stiffer ride, but I cannot tell you whether it will give you the results you’re aiming for.

What do you mean by “deal with”? Absorb more or absorb less?

You can try buying a street or sports suspension upgrade if you want a lower and stiffer ride, but I cannot tell you whether it will give you the results you’re aiming for.
I mean, I'm breaking a tiny bit earlier in the points of the Nurburgring I mentioned than I used to, because if I drive like before the car proceeds to meet Barry R.

I understand it is the new physics, I understand that while driving the car stock my approach should be more careful (the breaking early thing).

But if I want to carry more speed and attack more, I wonder what improvement I could do on the suspension settings.

Edit: the Clubman Event I mentioned is one I've done several times and even kept a list of times I scored there. My Aston Martin is slower now. I do understand the cause, I'm trying to counter it.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm breaking a tiny bit earlier in the points of the Nurburgring I mentioned than I used to, because if I drive like before the car proceeds to meet Barry R.

I understand it is the new physics, I understand that while driving the car stock my approach should be more careful (the breaking early thing).

But if I want to carry more speed and attack more, I wonder what improvement I could do on the suspension settings.
That’s odd. My braking points are the same as they were before the physics changes.

That’s odd. My braking points are the same as they were before the physics changes.
I think it is car related.

Yesterday I drove the Lamborghini Urus at it and despite the changes in the game, I clocked a lap as fast as before. With no much different driving.

TGT user here. I developed tendonitis in my hands and wrists after the last update so I’m out until this heals.

Lowering the FFB to 2 seemed to help but this simply isn’t the same game anymore. Anything with racing spec tires on FFB 5 (my original setting) is incredibly heavy. Can’t even imagine 10.

But honestly I think wrestling the Gallardo and other 4WD cars from drastic swings between massive understeer and oversteer is what really damaged my hands.

Terrible update in my opinion.

I like the change in direction where were getting new physics feel because the tyres have been revised or updated. The lambo also sounds amazing. That was unexpected.

Probs not a new bug but porsche 356 hazards dont work together in the snow. Only.. Seperately..? Did hazards not exist back then?

Last edited:
TGT user here. I developed tendonitis in my hands and wrists after the last update so I’m out until this heals.

Lowering the FFB to 2 seemed to help but this simply isn’t the same game anymore. Anything with racing spec tires on FFB 5 (my original setting) is incredibly heavy. Can’t even imagine 10.

But honestly I think wrestling the Gallardo and other 4WD cars from drastic swings between massive understeer and oversteer is what really damaged my hands.

Terrible update in my opinion.
Getting injured like that, if you’re serious, is user error in my book. Don’t blame the game physics.

Getting injured like that, if you’re serious, is user error in my book. Don’t blame the game physics.
Possible. I’ve got something like 500 hours of driving time and 95,000kms of distance so I’d like to think I know what I’m doing.

Error could have been not restarting/calibrating the wheel after the update. Done this since then and everything is fine now.

Alrighty... one word to describe a few cars I drove today: yawn.

Wait wait read me out. :lol:

F430 Scuderia, Lamborghini LP75.. er, 45,.. uh, 5+6+something... well the latest added in the update and the Ruf 4.2. I'm using VR no doubt and I tell y'all, I fell asleep on all three of them when I started my lap at Autopolis. I didn't even make it to the final turn to gain speed for the Start/finish line. Seriously!
My eyelids were dropping and I was fading. I had eight hours sleep the night before. Woke up fine. Did a school drop off and set up Avengers Engame as background noise will I bought a few cars, tuned a couple Civic TC and proceeded to enjoy the latest sports cars.

Nope. F430, I did a shift to first and second and nodded off. Switched to the Ruf. Shift from first to second and nodded off. Lambo, shift to first and was like nope when my eyelids got heavy.

Then, I jumped in a Civic TC. Wide awake from the high rpms. Switched to my Group A R31. Wide awake from the scream of the engine. Amuse 380 RS. Wide awake. Amuse S2000. Wide awake. Switched to the '92 NSX which only has slicks and a tuned suspension. That too, I was wide awake.

I use a controller and it makes sense that me pressing buttons to shift is like the real cars with paddles. Just sit there and press the buttons. However, I was just bored. In "the three".
Here's another thing. I drove the gifted ICE Genesis and EV Skoda. The Genesis sounds cool and as basic as the interior is, I didn't mind the rear view camera. Nice car to see out of and it held my interest.
I was digging the deep bass of the Skoda start up. That thing sounds awesome each time I switched back and forth to it. :lol: Had fun doing a few laps around Bathurst.

Anyway, I think the interiors of the Ferrari, Ruf and Lamborghini were just too busy. I mean, the F430 is the damn near race car and that didn't hold my attention. Felt like I was zoning out in all three of them. So, after I drove the other cars above. I went back to the Ferrari. Nope. As soon as it started rolling I paused and switched to the Ruf. Same feeling as the F430 and switched to the Lamborghini. I didn't even like it when the VR screen loaded the interior. Quickly exited the car. So odd.

Last of my personal ramble, I jumped in a bone stock 992 GT3 RS and was enjoying the laps. Go figure.

Alrighty... one word to describe a few cars I drove today: yawn.

Wait wait read me out. :lol:

F430 Scuderia, Lamborghini LP75.. er, 45,.. uh, 5+6+something... well the latest added in the update and the Ruf 4.2. I'm using VR no doubt and I tell y'all, I fell asleep on all three of them when I started my lap at Autopolis. I didn't even make it to the final turn to gain speed for the Start/finish line. Seriously!
My eyelids were dropping and I was fading. I had eight hours sleep the night before. Woke up fine. Did a school drop off and set up Avengers Engame as background noise will I bought a few cars, tuned a couple Civic TC and proceeded to enjoy the latest sports cars.

Nope. F430, I did a shift to first and second and nodded off. Switched to the Ruf. Shift from first to second and nodded off. Lambo, shift to first and was like nope when my eyelids got heavy.

Then, I jumped in a Civic TC. Wide awake from the high rpms. Switched to my Group A R31. Wide awake from the scream of the engine. Amuse 380 RS. Wide awake. Amuse S2000. Wide awake. Switched to the '92 NSX which only has slicks and a tuned suspension. That too, I was wide awake.

I use a controller and it makes sense that me pressing buttons to shift is like the real cars with paddles. Just sit there and press the buttons. However, I was just bored. In "the three".
Here's another thing. I drove the gifted ICE Genesis and EV Skoda. The Genesis sounds cool and as basic as the interior is, I didn't mind the rear view camera. Nice car to see out of and it held my interest.
I was digging the deep bass of the Skoda start up. That thing sounds awesome each time I switched back and forth to it. :lol: Had fun doing a few laps around Bathurst.

Anyway, I think the interiors of the Ferrari, Ruf and Lamborghini were just too busy. I mean, the F430 is the damn near race car and that didn't hold my attention. Felt like I was zoning out in all three of them. So, after I drove the other cars above. I went back to the Ferrari. Nope. As soon as it started rolling I paused and switched to the Ruf. Same feeling as the F430 and switched to the Lamborghini. I didn't even like it when the VR screen loaded the interior. Quickly exited the car. So odd.

Last of my personal ramble, I jumped in a bone stock 992 GT3 RS and was enjoying the laps. Go figure.
No idea what you’re even trying to say here 🤣

I miss the moon shot videos, but hot dang am I loving the online racing, lately has it just been much more diverse and increased participants? I used to often see the same racers, now each race is a couple dozen new helmets.

Back