Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,611 comments
For me it’s a relief to see Eiger Nordwand and not Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I’ve said it before but that track wouldn’t make much sense in a game like Gran Turismo. The circuit is largely synonymous with F1 and trackside scenery is mostly walls and trees in close proximity to a very flat track. Kinda boring, no? Montreal surroundings may be scenic, but the circuit’s immediate environment is uninspiring. Kinda like Albert Park in Melbourne.

In contrast, Eiger will offer a breath of fresh air in the context of GT7, and I think it was the very first track PD released in the 720p era of Gran Turismo. It was a stunning tech demonstration back then and now it will look four times better.
It's one of my favourite tracks in the F1 games, very fast and just fun. I'd still love to see it appear at some point. Mind you the wall of champions would be horrifically abused in the dailies.

For me it’s a relief to see Eiger Nordwand and not Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. I’ve said it before but that track wouldn’t make much sense in a game like Gran Turismo. The circuit is largely synonymous with F1 and trackside scenery is mostly walls and trees in close proximity to a very flat track. Kinda boring, no? Montreal surroundings may be scenic, but the circuit’s immediate environment is uninspiring. Similar to Albert Park in Melbourne.

In contrast, Eiger will offer a breath of fresh air in the context of GT7, and I think it was the very first track PD released in the 720p era of Gran Turismo. It was a stunning tech demonstration back then and now it will look four times better.
Eiger will be great for driving on and will 100% have to get the VR back out for it! CGV i last did back when i played f1 19/20/21 and kind of agree it wouldn't be the best for the average cars we use in GT7.

I had been thinking that if we get Red Rock Valley then the track itself was just an oval over itself and would have the same technical driving level as High Speed Ring.... at the same time my nostalgia will hit hard and would still be better to have then have not as long as they dont mess with it too much.

Here’s the link for the new wheels manufacturer.

This wheel, I’m guessing is going to be one of the most popular in the game, next to a BBS RS.
View attachment 1370585
I've always been curious about how they make their choices when it comes to this stuff. I get licensing for manufacturers and cars @Famine, GT has to pay for the rights etc etc. But those are massive corporations protecting their IP.

A wheel manufacturer, especially a new and small one, is not a powerful corporation with billions worth of IP and a building full of lawyers. Using Forgeline as another example, they literally have like 20 employees, some material and parts suppliers, maybe they generate a couple million worth of revenue. If anything, you might think the small company would lean toward paying PD for the advertising opportunity. All I did was tag GT on their instagram page but I bet they'd love the opportunity. Strange to me how PD would select a new and small company over more desirable ones unless there was some sort of personal or business connection there.

Last edited:
I wonder if the track will lend itself to be expanded to include the mixed surface layout(s) in the future? This seems like an openable and useable alternative dirt path, but I have no idea where it rejoins.

C31CA8B8-4E9A-4AEE-88E8-FC9BC4B04D50.jpeg

We probably won’t know until we get to see the full track. Maybe the tunnel connects outside and can act as an alternate route for a rally layout?

I predict the Eiger Nordwand online time trial or circuit experience will feature the Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car. Why? Well because that car was featured in Gran Turismo HD, that's why.

I've always been curious about how they make their choices when it comes to this stuff. I get licensing for manufacturers and cars @Famine, GT has to pay for the rights etc etc. But those are massive corporations protecting their IP.

A wheel manufacturer, especially a new and small one, is not a powerful corporation with billions worth of IP and a building full of lawyers. Using Forgeline as another example, they literally have like 20 employees, some material and parts suppliers, maybe they generate a couple million worth of revenue. If anything, you might think the small company would lean toward paying PD for the advertising opportunity. All I did was tag GT on their instagram page but I bet they'd love the opportunity. Strange to me how PD would select a new and small company over more desirable ones unless there was some sort of personal or business connection there.
It could be that money thing. That DR5 wheel is like the classic Ronal R10 and the DR1 are reminiscent of the SSR Longchamp. The DR4 at least gets us close to a BBS flush face style mesh racing wheel.
I’d like to know how Kaz came to choose this new brand. I guess we’ll read about it here in a gtp article.

Praying that the Gallardo will be a stick and not an e-gear. 430 Scuderia seems like a pointless addition, unless they had given the F430 a manual instead of the F1 gear. The e36 M3 is amazing, i've been waiting for that one for ages. VGT no one cares about lol. I also dont care about that Subaru, we can make that car already with the existing Impreza in the game.
I'm hoping the track will be all the layouts, not just the one shorter one, but even that one looks really cool.
New wheels are also hype af.

Overall a solid update imo, decent cars, track looks very interesting and new wheels is nice. Just hoping they got their hands on a stick Gallardo and not the auto lol
I wonder if the 360 Modena or CS has some sort of IP deal with some other game developer. You rarely see that one in games.

E36 M3 😍😍😍 Finally!
Yes finally since it was last in GT2

I wish they would provide us with both coupe and sedan (4door-berline).

M3 is legendary in both sedan and coupe versions, one is not any better than the other, both are best.

Sorry to sound ungrateful, I am happy to see the announcement, but we should get another update 1.50 or a big one in August with more tracks and cars...

GT7 deserves to make more noises ...

Last edited:
It could be that money thing. That DR5 wheel is like the classic Ronal R10 and the DR1 are reminiscent of the SSR Longchamp. The DR4 at least gets us close to a BBS flush face style mesh racing wheel.
I’d like to know how Kaz came to choose this new brand. I guess we’ll read about it here in a gtp article.
Weirdly, there's at least one car in the game with Forgeline wheels on it in-game, the Chris Holmstrom Nova.

They almost got the Roadster Shop Rampage Camaro with Forgelines also. I just perused that car's build gallery - the first set of wheels installed on the car were another American brand, Jongbloed, which is what appears in GT7. Looks like they never ran the centercaps - I bet the wheels were never properly finished or something. Anyway, the car has rarely appeared in public with those wheels and instead did its VIR track day and was displayed at SEMA where it won the award on Forgeline wheels. Strange how PD managed to capture the wheels that the car was never actually displayed with.

Edit: Did some research. There are at least two other SEMA winners with Forgeline wheels, the Red Devil and Pozzi Camaro.

Last edited:
New tires? I KNOW they’re not saying what I think they’re saying…

Pretty sure all they did was change the shape and branding to reflect real-life Michelin tires rather than generic ones.
Yeah, those treads are the real world pilot and Cup 2 treads.
IMG_4536.jpeg

Will be interesting to experience the new physics. Especially the wet weather physics.

YEEEEES! I've always said that GT7's track list feels incredibly sterile and stale, and that I've missed the more scenic tracks of old GT games. GT7 currently offers very few tracks to race small, low powered road cars, and I'm hoping Eiger can assuage that. Eiger was one of my favourite tracks of the PS3 era both for driving on and shooting photos, SO stoked to see it come back!

full

full

full

The track had rain in the PS3 era games, so hopefully that's been retained for GT7. Fingers crossed for a full 24h day/night cycle as well. I'm also hoping they don't sterilise it too much for Sport mode, like widening it or smoothing out the jump, because the whole appeal of the track was that it was a road in the wilderness that closely resembles a Touge track. We've seen that they've altered the pit lane and closed off the dirt track access paths, so here's hoping they don't make too much changes to the rest of the track; it's perfect as it was in my opinion.

Nice selection of new cars incoming as well. Nice to see RUF getting some love; it certainly deserves it for being with the series for so long (since GT2) acting as a replacement for Porsche cars. Hope the Gallardo isn't as understeery as the Murcie.

I'm stunned that we're getting a physics update, because I was under the impression that we'd be stuck with this current model for a few more years, given that a physics revamp most likely means retraining Sophy AI. I don't think there has been glaring issues with the current physics model, so I wonder what they'll be changing exactly.

New wheels are also a pleasant, unexpected surprise. With Pokal being at the far right of the list after Spoon, I'm thinking we're only getting said Pokal wheels for now. A little unfortunate, as I was hoping for more offerings for older cars. Modern wheels just look out of place on the many classic cars we have. I can't complain though; I'm just glad we're getting more wheels.

With Michelin replacing all the currently existing tyres, I wonder if we'll still be able to put tyre stickers from other brands onto our cars...:scared:

Back