Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 Revealed: Eiger Nordwand to Return, Plus Six New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 605 comments
I'm not too knowledgeable on my modern RUFs - is this one like the CTR3 where RUF did the body themselves, or is it a more standard Porsche derivative like the older RUFs were?

Eiger! Weeeeee!! I didn't expect it, I'm looking forward to doing this 🤣

I don't think you'll be able to do any of that, it looks like the road to the left where the rally circuit used to split off from the main layout is gone which is a shame because I loved the rally variants.

Still, the normal layout is good fun, one of my faves from the PS3 era so it's good to see it back.

We don't know yet.
We don't, but you can see that the hairpin before the tunnel has been replaced by a bridge. And that was where the trails joined back to the main track. So it seems impossible to have the same layouts now, unless the way they join back was significantly changed.

One other small thing: If we couldn't already, we can now officially for sure rule out any logic about gaps in the 3 World Circuits map menus meaning that's where tracks will come.

Between Alsace, Maggiore, Monza and Deep Forest, there is currently no room for an additional track label in Switzerland; they'll 100% have to do some rearranging there.

We don't, but you can see that the hairpin before the tunnel has been replaced by a bridge. And that was where the trails joined back to the main track. So it seems impossible to have the same layouts now, unless the way they join back was significantly changed.
Well, PD has a habit of re-imagining old tracks...

Can't believe that they waited until they had a big event at a real race track, to announce the arrival of some pixel fantasy land instead.
They're not at a real race track. They're at an arts centre which used to be a jam factory, two miles away.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm not ragging on the jam factory. It's absolutely my favourite GT live event venue ever. So far.

A good handful of nice addons, but nothing groundbreaking or game changing from the trailer.

The physics overhaul is of interest as to what they do with it and we don't know what else will be done/added to the game. With that said, would it really hurt them that much to get some people working on adding a championship or clubman cup plus events for singleplayer? maybe work on the bugs from custom races or add a handful of AI to private lobby races?

Trying to stay positive about the game, at least they're adding stuff...

It's nice to reintroduce Eigar Norwand as a rally track (with layouts i guess) back into the latest GT7, kinda shows that PD have some incline to Rallying racing in the game, and boy oh boy, are these cars great to see, the E36, THE RUF, AND SCUDERIA, soooo cool!!

I wonder what the sophy will be like, but will get my practice battle racing down for sure. Also curios how the new physics will play as Igor mentioned it in the Live strem at Montreal when being interviewed and I didnt quite understand till I saw this video.

LFG to the new update it can have come sooner! Also GAllaaardooo baby! Ciao!!!

I don't think you'll be able to do any of that, it looks like the road to the left where the rally circuit used to split off from the main layout is gone which is a shame because I loved the rally variants.

Still, the normal layout is good fun, one of my faves from the PS3 era so it's good to see it back.
1000003402.gif

Back