Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
🤷‍♂️that’s not what I said.
I mean, calling them non-racetracks sort of implies they're not for racing? It's fine to prefer real racetracks but it's silly to insinuate they're not racetracks because you don't like them.

I mean, calling them non-racetracks sort of implies they're not for racing? It's fine to prefer real racetracks but it's silly to insinuate they're not racetracks because you don't like them.

Semantics I guess, but I wouldn’t call a coastal highway a racetrack even if you do in fact race on it in the game. Much like my block isn’t a racetrack even if I drive around it really quickly.

When I think of a racetrack I think of Spa or Laguna Seca or Kyoto to bring up a fictional one.

I do realize my argument falls apart a bit when you think of tracks like Monaco 😂

Anyway, the recent track output doesn’t appeal to me, but I’m happy for everybody who is looking forward to Eiger.

And who knows - I might eat my words and really dig it in 2 days.

To be honest, even though Lake Louise is a cool track as an idea, I haven't enjoyed it, but that mostly falls on GT7's current awful rally physics.

I'm hoping that the update makes rallying better, which in turn would give me a reason to pay Lake Louise a visit.

Aside from that track, remember, the last one we could classify as a "circuit" came out all the way back in Feb 2023. That's 1½ years without a circuit.

I hope the next one we get is another fictional one, like Mid-Field, Red Rock Valley, Apricot Hill, or even Tokyo R246.

Semantics I guess, but I wouldn’t call a coastal highway a racetrack even if you do in fact race on it in the game. Much like my block isn’t a racetrack even if I drive around it really quickly.

When I think of a racetrack I think of Spa or Laguna Seca or Kyoto to bring up a fictional one.

I do realize my argument falls apart a bit when you think of tracks like Monaco 😂

Anyway, the recent track output doesn’t appeal to me, but I’m happy for everybody who is looking forward to Eiger.

And who knows - I might eat my words and really dig it in 2 days.
I don't think it's semantics really, I think your point was pretty obvious and given one could assume it's your second language, it's clear what you meant :)

I agree with you in that a racetrack as you meant it is clearly meant as a purpose built circuit for racing, it will have kerbs and most likely grandstands (although Willow Springs...?) and aesthetically it will clearly exist solely to serve the purpose of being a racetrack, and not as you say a road that has been repurposed as a circuit to race on.

The less said about Monaco the better :lol:

In contrast though I actually quite like the more 'road' style tracks, and enjoyed Eiger in previous games so am quite looking forward to experiencing it in GT7 and in VR.

To be honest, even though Lake Louise is a cool track as an idea, I haven't enjoyed it, but that mostly falls on GT7's current awful rally physics.

I'm hoping that the update makes rallying better, which in turn would give me a reason to pay Lake Louise a visit.

Aside from that track, remember, the last one we could classify as a "circuit" came out all the way back in Feb 2023. That's 1½ years without a circuit.

I hope the next one we get is another fictional one, like Mid-Field, Red Rock Valley, Apricot Hill, or even Tokyo R246.
The rally circuits in GT games have always been terrible. Either Kaz has a fundamental misunderstanding about what rally racing is or he consciously rejects it. Rally racing in games can be fun...really fun! The Dirt Rally games have been fantastic even with very limited content and repetitive environments. Can we seriously not get a single legitimate rally stage in GT? Or if we must do circuits, something more resembling rally cross? Fisherman's Ranch & Colorado Springs are staggeringly awful circuits which I avoid at all costs - both of them completely devoid of character, enjoyment or even a passing resemblance to their real life setting, particularly for Colorado Springs. (Seriously, this is approximately where the radar map in game places the CO circuit...)

Lake Louise is somewhat novel, but I wouldn't even rank it as the best snow circuit in GT's history...and that's not saying a lot.

Patiently waiting for the patch notes to leak so we can learn more about the physics update

1721753936099.png

The rally circuits in GT games have always been terrible. Either Kaz has a fundamental misunderstanding about what rally racing is or he consciously rejects it. Rally racing in games can be fun...really fun! The Dirt Rally games have been fantastic even with very limited content and repetitive environments. Can we seriously not get a single legitimate rally stage in GT? Or if we must do circuits, something more resembling rally cross? Fisherman's Ranch & Colorado Springs are staggeringly awful circuits which I avoid at all costs - both of them completely devoid of character, enjoyment or even a passing resemblance to their real life setting, particularly for Colorado Springs. (Seriously, this is approximately where the radar map in game places the CO circuit...)

Lake Louise is somewhat novel, but I wouldn't even rank it as the best snow circuit in GT's history...and that's not saying a lot.
I felt like GT5 was the best rallying we had, with the randomly-generated stages and the pace notes. With today's technology, I'd love for it to return. Or at least see more point-to-point time attack stages, even if they're on tarmac like at Goodwood - something I'd also like to see return. If I did have to pick a more iconic point-to-point course, I'd pick the Monte Carlo rally stage, alongside the more obvious Pikes Peak. Better yet, maybe PD could create their own rally stages, perhaps through iconic locales like Ronda, Spain.

For what it's worth, I think Colorado Springs' naming format implies another layout is coming at some point, just like we've seen with Sardegna and Dragon Trail.

EDIT: I also wonder if the new physics has something do with the new tires? I've noticed that not only do the new tires have a Michelin branding when buying them at the tuning shop - very similar to the Brembo-branded brake parts - but the models themselves look different, as they do appear to be actual Michelin tires as opposed to the current, more generic model. They're probably Pilot Sports of some variety.

Last edited:
I felt like GT5 was the best rallying we had, with the randomly-generated stages and the pace notes. With today's technology, I'd love for it to return. Or at least see more point-to-point time attack stages, even if they're on tarmac like at Goodwood - something I'd also like to see return. If I did have to pick a more iconic point-to-point course, I'd pick the Monte Carlo rally stage, alongside the more obvious Pikes Peak. Better yet, maybe PD could create their own rally stages, perhaps through iconic locales like Ronda, Spain.

For what it's worth, I think Colorado Springs' naming format implies another layout is coming at some point, just like we've seen with Sardegna and Dragon Trail.

EDIT: I also wonder if the new physics has something do with the new tires? I've noticed that not only do the new tires have a Michelin branding when buying them at the tuning shop - very similar to the Brembo-branded brake parts - but the models themselves look different, as they do appear to be actual Michelin tires as opposed to the current, more generic model. They're probably Pilot Sports of some variety.
Some point to point time trial circuits would be fantastic. Col De Turini, PCH, Pikes Peak, Mt Akina (or whatever), some snowy forest route in Finland. Come on PD, please. I played GT5 a lot and I honestly don't remember the stages you are talking about. I'm sure I did them, but I guess they weren't memorable. I suspect we'll get Pikes Peak eventually, but I'm guessing PD wants to get the unique weather patterns right so I could understand it taking a while.

Also, I would totally be down for a Deep Forest and/or Trial Mountain snow circuit. I even photoshopped something to that effect a decade and a half ago when GT5 was the current title.

Last edited:
I suspect we'll get Pikes Peak eventually, but I'm guessing PD wants to get the unique weather patterns right so I could understand it taking a while.
I also wonder if they're also trying to implement other relatively unique factors of Pikes Peak, such as the changes in air pressure and the lower oxygen at higher altitudes?

Last edited:
To me lake louise feel better to drive than the rally tracks in gt7, even if the offroad physics is a bit off in gran turismo always has been, i have enjoyed them over the years, and i still rather have them than not at all, excited for the update just little over a day left.

We are missing a lot of great center lock models from all brands, specially BBS.
Definitely. Thing is, the new wheels being added, though replicas(reps), pretty much cover the design/style of wheels that cover our replica race cars.

Y'all never heard of running Square setup before? (same size tires all around) my bad 😂. No one here gose to the track?

You ever go to track days in real life? Square setup means running the same size tires all the way around. Makes the car feel more natural at the track
Maybe once or twice…. Although 90% of cars would not have the same size front & rear as it does not fit.

90%?

As far as I know for all the racing series I watch(BTCC, TCR, GT4, Super GT, V8 Supercars) the tyres are same front and rear. It’s a reason teams can rotate tyres in certain conditions. As well as part of regulations.
A series like Porsche Carrera Cup will have staggered tyres, but the 911 GT3 R have same tyres front & rear.

Unless I’m totally missing what you’re meaning.

Track days =/= Racing series

Racing series often are provided with tyres by a single manufacturer. It's much more cost effective and easier to supply tyres in one specific size for everyone.

It's not a choice made to maximize performance, but to equalize performance and keep costs as low was possible.

Last edited:
Track days =/= Racing series

Racing series often are provided with tyres by a single manufacturer. It's much more cost effective and easier to supply tyres in one specific size for everyone.

It's not a choice made to maximize performance, but to equalize performance and keep costs as low was possible.
Whats the 90% of cars at these track days? That’s a big generalisation.

If someone is tracking a Corvette or R35 or Ferrari, those will be staggered tyres. If someone is tracking any Civic Type R, I30 N, Megane R.S., it’ll be same tyres all around(some track day FF cars do run wider front tyres than rear tyres- those fit).

B80
F80 looks better than m4 f82 imo.

Always loved the look of muscular/performance focused look of 'super' saloons.
Agreed. M4 coupes have never looked quite right for some reason. The E92 was the last great looking M3(/M4) coupe.

And yes the name change still annoys me.

Last edited:
Whats the 90% of cars at these track days? That’s a big generalisation.

If someone is tracking a Corvette or R35 or Ferrari, those will be staggered tyres. If someone is tracking any Civic Type R, I30 N, Megane R.S., it’ll be same tyres all around(some track day FF cars do run wider front tyres than rear tyres- those fit).
i did not claim the 90% ;) I only tried to explain to you why racing series run 1 tyre size for everyone.

But let's return to the topic, the upcomming update. I'm looking forward to driving the e36!

Last edited:
Looking forward to tomorrow's update. This game needs a shot in the butt, IMO, so I am hoping this is it.

-New track
With a new tracks comes a new CE and the oportunity to get a chunk of cash.
-New cars
-New physics (has me a little nervous but I hope the cars don't feel like driving on ice anymore; I just hope they don't mess with the BoP much as it's in a pretty good place at the moment)
-Sophy around N24
-Two expiring TTs (quite confident I'll be getting 4mil credits)
-Hopefully two new TTs
We'll see how PD wants to handle the bi-weekly TT events since that's currently off schedule. I am hoping we get two new ones, one of which lasts one week and the other lasts two weeks. Other option is we just get one that lasts two weeks and get a second a week from tomorrow.
-Weekly Challenge races & prizes announced (here, not in game but still something to look forward to)
-Michelin tires. Really don't know what to expect here but I am very curious.

I am putting some extra time into work today so I can be done a little earlier tomorrow. :D

Y'all never heard of running Square setup before? (same size tires all around) my bad 😂. No one here gose to the track?

You ever go to track days in real life? Square setup means running the same size tires all the way around. Makes the car feel more natural at the track
I used to do track weekends somewhat frequently. Never heard that term before. Hmmmm, okay.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tomorrow's update. This game needs a shot in the butt, IMO, so I am hoping this is it.

-New track
With a new tracks comes a new CE and the oportunity to get a chunk of cash.
-New cars
-New physics (has me a little nervous but I hope the cars don't feel like driving on ice anymore; I just hope they don't mess with the BoP much as it's in a pretty good place at the moment)
-Sophy around N24
-Two expiring TTs (quite confident I'll be getting 4mil credits)
-Hopefully two new TTs
We'll see how PD wants to handle the bi-weekly TT events since that's currently off schedule. I am hoping we get two new ones, one of which lasts one week and the other lasts two weeks. Other option is we just get one that lasts two weeks and get a second a week from tomorrow.
-Weekly Challenge races & prizes announced (here, not in game but still something to look forward to)

I am putting some extra time into work today so I can be done a little earlier tomorrow. :D

I used to do track weekends somewhat frequently. Never heard that term before. Hmmmm, okay.
My guess would be that we get one normal TT event and and a second Michelin showcase TT event with the 918 shown in the trailer. Then next week we have a third normal TT added, reinstating the biweekly schedule.
Just a guess tho.

In my somewhat cynical view, my expectation is this is just going to be a change to the default sticker applied to the car livery. If I'm being even more cynical, I wouldn't be too surprised if they remove the other tire brands from livery options and force everybody to always use the Michelin ones for racing tires. Suppose it depends on how much money Michelin gave PD. In any case, I don't expect this change is in any way intended to benefit drivers. It feels like pure marketing to me.

Otherwise, though, I'm hopeful for the new update. A new track, some new cars. Good stuff. What I'm really eager to try out, though, are the new physics. I'm looking finding out how that is going to change things.

Back