Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
So Eiger Nordwand comes with just two short races (excluding some possible special events for weekly challenges)? And Monza is being used for Gr.B race? Well, disappointment was expected to come sooner or later... 😅

Anyway, I'm very eager to try the updated physics :)
That's an error on the PS Blog. There's a Gr.B race at Eiger (obviously, given all the Gr.B cars on the preview!), and a Ferrari Challenge race at Monza. It looks like they've erroneously deleted the end of one line and the start of the next:

GT Official Site
European Sunday Cup 500
Eiger Nordwand

Jimny Cup
Eiger Nordwand

World Rally Challenge Gr.B
Eiger Nordwand Reverse

Ferrari Circuit Challenge

Autodromo Nazionale Monza

World Touring Car 600
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

Show GR.B cars battling on Eiger in the trailer, add Jimny cup race 💀
ok, nvm, I saw Famine added proper events

Last edited:
I saw it coming, but Sophy still being limited in laps (only 2 for Maggiore is a joke!) is complete rubbish.

You flaunt this top of the line AI you've put tons and tons of resources into, and we can only race against it in 2 lap sprints?? It's just terrible game design.
Turn tyre and fuel wear off so there's no concern about pitting or changing car characteristics and let me do as many laps as I want. I can't experience much racecraft in 6 minutes - it just makes me not want to bother.
Absolutely agree here!
They need to change this as soon as possible. Seems like any kind of limitation currently with this AI model or whatever.
Can’t get another explanation for this limitation.

Yep. The idea of sophy is fascinating. 2-3laps though? Nah

Its been months since firing up a sophy race. Purely due to lap count ruining the experience.
My guess is they are keeping it untill Sophy will be added to all tracks + rain + pitstops and then introduced to Custom Race.

The intention is clear. Arcade race (single race) is meant to be for a quick action without any selecion, just track, simple conditions and go, and Custom race is for further tinkering with the race settings.

Absolutely agree here!
They need to change this as soon as possible. Seems like any kind of limitation currently with this AI model or whatever.
Can’t get another explanation for this limitation.
This is just a theory. Perhaps they want as much full race data as possible from as many people as possible. If it's a 2 lap event, more people are willing to try that than say an endurance race.

Also I assume its much easier for them to assess many 2 lap races rather than a few long races.

I play this since launch day and I never got any invite for Bugatti and Aston Martin.
Did you not play in April to May 2022 then?

that's nothing, there are menu books requiring cars you would only get through invites. I play this since launch day and I never got any invite for Bugatti and Aston Martin.
Don't forgot Ferrari still awaiting that invite here as well as the Bugatti, the Aston I got lucky from a ticket.

This is just a theory. Perhaps they want as much full race data as possible from as many people as possible. If it's a 2 lap event, more people are willing to try that than say an endurance race.

Also I assume its much easier for them to assess many 2 lap races rather than a few long races.

That's not how Sophy works. The version that is in the game does not learn from players, and your data is not being recorded.

That's an error on the PS Blog. There's a Gr.B race at Eiger (obviously, given all the Gr.B cars on the preview!), and a Ferrari Challenge race at Monza. It looks like they've erroneously deleted the end of one line and the start of the next:
Thank goodness, now it makes sense! 👍

Last edited:

I guess I stupidly missed out on that :banghead:.

Some of us (aka me) were idiot players and did not have the funds or willingness to grind for the cars with that situation.

And Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, for which everyone's been clamouring...

Some brands have specific tyre manufacturer partnerships for certain cars - and I'm specifically thinking of Ferrari at this point; the F430 Scuderia being added in the update I think used Pirelli P Zero Corsa as standard, for example. It's likely that in situations where there is an exclusive tyre supplier for the original car and it's not Michelin, you won't be able to fit Michelin tyres.
Damn so I'm guessing the Pirelli tire sticker on the P1 means no Michelin sticker tires for me then.:banghead::(
Old-McLaren-P1-GTR-Photos-Side.jpg

Some of us (aka me) were idiot players and did not have the funds or willingness to grind for the cars with that situation.
Nothing idiot about it - it's a bad system (as I've argued before, including in an article) and throwing pretty much "make 40m credits in the next month or miss out" at players barely a month in was not exactly ideal.

But, just on the pure facts of the situation, everyone playing over that month definitely had all the tickets available.

Another extra menu book not worth doing. There's absolutely nothing they could reward us with that is worth spending that kind of money for.
Yeah, I mean how many menu books can they possibly add? We need more cars and tracks, that's the bulk/core of the game. And please, do not add anymore licenses or missions. We have enough of those in the game.

Yeah, if PD would double or triple the rewards then we might consider going through the stress to complete them. But it's PD's decision. I wonder what scapes they'll add in this update. Well I won't be able to download it until Friday night or Saturday, I'll be busy with life/family issues. I need to make sure I have enough storage space on my ps4 to download it properly.

Back