Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Yeah, I mean how many menu books can they possibly add?
Umm, loads? What's the limitation here?

Every single one of the one-make Special Events from Weekly Challenges can and should have an Extra Menu Book by the time the third race is added (meeting the three-race book format of the others). The JGTC one, though we've only had two races, is crying out for it.

And please, do not add anymore licenses or missions. We have enough of those in the game.
We absolutely do not have enough missions.
I wonder what scapes they'll add in this update.
Eiger. It's in the article.

Maybe once or twice…. Although 90% of cars would not have the same size front & rear as it does not fit.
Running square setups is extremely common from professional racing to autocross and everything in between. For one, most awd/4wd cars come with a square setup from the factory. The Acura LMP1 cars were famous in their day for being the first modern day prototype car to feature a square setup, which eventually Audi and other teams copied.

A lot of FR vehicles with 50/50 weight distribution or near perfect balance also use square setups. Many Miata's and definitely all fast S2000's from the casual HPDE to Time Attack run square setups. I have been driving and tracking S2000's for 16 years and stock they are 215/245 tire width and ive always run 255/255 all around.

Every single one of the one-make Special Events from Weekly Challenges can and should have an Extra Menu Book by the time the third race is added (meeting the three-race book format of the others). The JGTC one, though we've only had two races, is crying out for it.

Maybe you're right about the missions, but will other people agree to PD for adding that feature? I'm gonna read the article now so I can understand what is in the update tomorrow.

Well what missions would you like to see?

I like the slipstream, and drag races. And the drift ones too.

Good job I didn't say I play the game every single day.

And I don't know, but 239 tickets at least should be sufficient for one invite from each missing brand, no?
Who knows. I've clocked way less miles than you, earned less money, and own fewer cars (though we're both on 99%), and yet I've got all the invite cars and have regularly had multiple invites on hand at the same time.

I think it's fair to suggest that since I've completed 51% of available daily marathons compared to your 28% over the same period, that playing more frequently is the key. Claiming to have played the game since launch is all very well and good, but if you go months at a time without even completing a daily marathon, can you really expect to win the prizes you want from it?

Another extra menu book not worth doing. There's absolutely nothing they could reward us with that is worth spending that kind of money for.
yeah it's only a nice thing for people who've already got all the cars. I have, so as long as it's just a 6 star ticket it's a little bonus prize for me. If it happens to be a frikkin engine ticket it's completely meaningless.

A collection menu book requiring a 20m car... damn.
that's nothing, there are menu books requiring cars you would only get through invites. I play this since launch day and I never got any invite for Bugatti and Aston Martin.
Another extra menu book not worth doing. There's absolutely nothing they could reward us with that is worth spending that kind of money for.
The Extra Menus aren’t books. The books are the ones that come with three events centered around a specific theme. We almost never seem to get those anymore, which is so weird.

yeah it's only a nice thing for people who've already got all the cars. I have, so as long as it's just a 6 star ticket it's a little bonus prize for me. If it happens to be a frikkin engine ticket it's completely meaningless.
And it's pointless doing these extra challenges for tuning parts. If it's a 1M or 2M prize, then it would be worth the hours of work. See I completed all the menu books a month ago.

It's a good thing for me that I have already bought the McLaren F1 '94 already before, and not at its lowest price back then, I legit grinded for it at its highest price, 20,000,000 credits.
What events did you do to grind that much cash, cause I'm at almost 4M, so I have 16M to go to buy the 20M dollar car.

Found a really good article that talks about this Ruf model in detail and how it differs from the CTR-3 model we already have in GT7. Don't bother playing any of the embedded videos in that article as they are unrelated. But the text and photos from the article are all directly referencing the RGT 4.2 including full specs and price at that time when it was released.

Last edited:
The F1 being required for the Extra Menu is the least of my concerns. I see the VGT is required, and I refuse to buy those.

On that note, the McLaren lineup in GT7 seriously needs something fresh. Usually I’m fine with PD adding older cars like they recently did with the MP4/4, but so much has happened at McLaren since the P1 GTR, which is their most modern car in GT7. :crazy:

This seems like such a no-brainer. They have already created all the content. How much effort could it be to turn them into standard events? That they haven't yet done it suggests that it is a deliberate decision, but I can't fathom the reasoning behind it.

When the update comes out, I might try to replicate the Ferrari F430 GTC '07 from GT Racing Motor Academy on the Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 121750.pngScreenshot 2024-07-24 121840.png

Last edited:
This seems like such a no-brainer. They have already created all the content. How much effort could it be to turn them into standard events? That they haven't yet done it suggests that it is a deliberate decision, but I can't fathom the reasoning behind it.
That's what I'm saying. We won't know what events PD provided for us unless we watch a sneak peak or read the article associated with this update. So, what missions would you like to see if they add anymore?

@Chikane_GTR lol durn, you bought 41 of them at 20M a piece!! You must have grinded at least 100M a day! Or every other day.

I believe those World Circuit events and Missions are more complicated than we think. I mean, those have hard coded AI behaviours like when to Pit, tyre change tactics etc. Sometimes I see similar crashes and mistakes in World Circuit events, those are definately not standard "custom race" set of rules. But i really do hope Sophy will change that in the future.

Every single one of the one-make Special Events from Weekly Challenges can and should have an Extra Menu Book by the time the third race is added (meeting the three-race book format of the others). The JGTC one, though we've only had two races, is crying out for it
Totally agreed! Those JGTC races feel really special with curated selection of race-prepped cars, and are probably only races in the entire game I'd gladly play again one day :)

How much effort could it be to turn them into standard events? That they haven't yet done it suggests that it is a deliberate decision, but I can't fathom the reasoning behind it.
Maybe PD found an inspiration in the new Forza Motorsport? 😅

Last edited:
I saw it coming, but Sophy still being limited in laps (only 2 for Maggiore is a joke!) is complete rubbish.

You flaunt this top of the line AI you've put tons and tons of resources into, and we can only race against it in 2 lap sprints?? It's just terrible game design.
Turn tyre and fuel wear off so there's no concern about pitting or changing car characteristics and let me do as many laps as I want. I can't experience much racecraft in 6 minutes - it just makes me not want to bother.

Sophy is only capable of one quick opening lap anyway. 😂😂

Starting on lap 2 I catch Sophy on straights 🤷‍♂️

Running square setups is extremely common from professional racing to autocross and everything in between. For one, most awd/4wd cars come with a square setup from the factory. The Acura LMP1 cars were famous in their day for being the first modern day prototype car to feature a square setup, which eventually Audi and other teams copied.

A lot of FR vehicles with 50/50 weight distribution or near perfect balance also use square setups. Many Miata's and definitely all fast S2000's from the casual HPDE to Time Attack run square setups. I have been driving and tracking S2000's for 16 years and stock they are 215/245 tire width and ive always run 255/255 all around.
Most cars don't come this way from the factory due to it creating more potential oversteer situations. This isn't an issue for someone in motorsports as they're more adept. But for the casual blvd cruiser, not the case. S2000s already had/have(?) a reputation for being tail happy with their factory tire stagger. FTR I never considered mine S2000 to be overly tail happy.

100% with you on this.
The JGTC should have its own championship too.

Hopefully they will make Sophy as fast as it used to be in the first preview. I hate that she's just so lame in the current state. Basically just like regular AI without following the line as much probably. Also, hopefully some curated events with Sophy built-in.

Back