Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments

More details of the new update.

Talks very briefly regarding the new physics.
A major update has been introduced for the car physics simulation model. This update mainly affects the suspension physics model and tire physical calculation model resulting in much more natural weight shifting during cornering. Tire response has also been improved, along with more realistic tire heating and wear. Look forward to more dynamic car movement and a further polished driving feel.

Last edited:
IMG_2114.jpeg

Wonder what the (Excludes certain cars) means?

Really excited for the physics/tire model. Kinda expecting/hoping for some sort of work on the ffb for wheels. Since 1.43, ive been wondering if pd’s sdk for wheels might be…old..as in based on belt driven, then modified. I realize that may be completely tin foil hat, but the way pd has treated the dd+ has been so confusing. For instance, the amount of detail which gets muddled when changing the in game ffb from 5 to 6 results in wheel directionality, general grip feel, etc becoming lost in generic steering wheel weight. I also have the general complaint that with the dd+ currently, the light ffb is too heavy, and the heavy stuff too light…

Cleaning this stuff up is worth more than 100 car’s personally as we have tons of cars. Many are just frustrating and i think its more about the physics/ffb than it is the cars.

..also..the track! So excited for something which is not rally!

Last edited:
In my somewhat cynical view, my expectation is this is just going to be a change to the default sticker applied to the car livery. If I'm being even more cynical, I wouldn't be too surprised if they remove the other tire brands from livery options and force everybody to always use the Michelin ones for racing tires. Suppose it depends on how much money Michelin gave PD. In any case, I don't expect this change is in any way intended to benefit drivers. It feels like pure marketing to me.
I hope not. I like having my tire brand match my livery (bad enough the WS events change the brand regardless). But it wouldn't surprise me if generic tire models in which the user can change the brands are gone.

I am a bit nervous for the physics update as like I mentioned, I hope it doesn't mess with the BoP much. The physics can change the whole landscape of the BoP even if the BoP itself isn't touched. Speaking specifically for Gr3 and Gr4 the BoP is pretty good. Especially Gr4.

Last edited:
I do realize my argument falls apart a bit when you think of tracks like Monaco 😂
And Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, for which everyone's been clamouring...
Some brands have specific tyre manufacturer partnerships for certain cars - and I'm specifically thinking of Ferrari at this point; the F430 Scuderia being added in the update I think used Pirelli P Zero Corsa as standard, for example. It's likely that in situations where there is an exclusive tyre supplier for the original car and it's not Michelin, you won't be able to fit Michelin tyres.

I didn’t know Pokal was American - or at least, that’s what their website says, as it seems to specifically be based in Los Angeles. Somehow, I had it in my head that they were a Japanese wheelmaker. I also can’t seem to find some of the designs depicted in the preview image on their site, though it also doesn’t help that we won’t know the actual names of the wheel models until tomorrow morning. I’m looking forward to it either way. Hopefully it’s a sign that even more wheel designs and brands are coming.

I’m also glad we finally got a McLaren-themed Extra Menu, and it makes perfect sense for it to include the F1, alongside the MP4-12C. I just didn’t see any way around including the F1 in some form.

At any rate, I’m definitely looking forward to this update, especially those new physics. I can only hope that the Genesis X Gran Racer VGT is in Gr.1, as well, but there’s neither a new round of the VGT Trophy nor the Gr.1 Prototype Series, so I suppose I can only wait when it comes to determining that.

Last edited:

Some brands have specific tyre manufacturer partnerships for certain cars - and I'm specifically thinking of Ferrari at this point; the F430 Scuderia being added in the update I think used Pirelli P Zero Corsa as standard, for example. It's likely that in situations where there is an exclusive tyre supplier for the original car and it's not Michelin, you won't be able to fit Michelin tyres.

Ferrari was definitely in my mind when I saw that!

I’m assuming then, if you are in an excluded car, the tyres in the tuning shop will be the same as the ones we currently have?!

Can we put the tyre stickers from other brands on the Ferrari GT3 in the livery editor?! I can’t actually remember!!

I saw it coming, but Sophy still being limited in laps (only 2 for Maggiore is a joke!) is complete rubbish.

You flaunt this top of the line AI you've put tons and tons of resources into, and we can only race against it in 2 lap sprints?? It's just terrible game design.
Turn tyre and fuel wear off so there's no concern about pitting or changing car characteristics and let me do as many laps as I want. I can't experience much racecraft in 6 minutes - it just makes me not want to bother.

A random and possibly meaningless notice, but if you pay attention to the photos under the Eiger section in the patch notes, the copyright symbol is © 2022. Every other photo in the notes reads © 2024.

Could this be just a typo or the track was mostly finished during the game's early months? 🤔

I saw it coming, but Sophy still being limited in laps (only 2 for Maggiore is a joke!) is complete rubbish.

You flaunt this top of the line AI you've put tons and tons of resources into, and we can only race against it in 2 lap sprints?? It's just terrible game design.
Turn tyre and fuel wear off so there's no concern about pitting or changing car characteristics and let me do as many laps as I want. I can't experience much racecraft in 6 minutes - it just makes me not want to bother.
Yep. The idea of sophy is fascinating. 2-3laps though? Nah

Its been months since firing up a sophy race. Purely due to lap count ruining the experience.

2024-07-24 15_27_26-The Gran Turismo 7 July Update_ Six New Cars, the Eiger Nordwand Track, an...png

This is not the case, since you can see Pilot sport cup 2 R inside the update gallery on F430 Scuderia. My idea is, that They will put Michelin tires on everything as default, except: old/new race cars and 30s-60s cars, plus maybe some specific VGTs, that specifically use different tire manufacturer.

Ferrari was definitely in my mind when I saw that!

I’m assuming then, if you are in an excluded car, the tyres in the tuning shop will be the same as the ones we currently have?!

Can we put the tyre stickers from other brands on the Ferrari GT3 in the livery editor?! I can’t actually remember!!
Yes.

A random and possibly meaningless notice, but if you pay attention to the photos under the Eiger section in the patch notes, the copyright symbol is © 2022. Every other photo in the notes reads © 2024.

Could this be just a typo or the track was mostly finished during the game's early months? 🤔
Interesting spot!

Those pictures do have the Celica WRC car in them, does that line up timeline wise?

The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
  • European Sunday Cup 500 – Eiger Nordwand
  • Jimny Cup – Eiger Nordwand
  • World Rally Challenge Gr.B – Autodromo Nationale Monza
  • World Touring Car 600 – Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
So Eiger Nordwand comes with just two short races (excluding some possible special events for weekly challenges)? And Monza is being used for Gr.B race? Well, disappointment was expected to come sooner or later... 😅

Anyway, I'm very eager to try the updated physics :)

Last edited:
View attachment 1374956
This is not the case, since you can see Pilot sport cup 2 R inside the update gallery on F430 Scuderia. My idea is, that They will put Michelin tires on everything as default, except: old/new race cars and 30s-60s cars, plus maybe some specific VGTs, that specifically use different tire manufacturer.
The other interesting thing from modeling/texturing/marketing point of view is, how they are going to deal with tire size indicators on the sidewalls. On press release photos its clearly visible that, on all visible Cup 2R tyres it says 123/45 ZR67. I know its a minor detail, yet exciting for me since PD cares so much about details... Maybe it was a placeholder for the development state.
2024-07-24 15_44_13-2024-07-24 15_43_12-The Gran Turismo 7 July Update_ Six New Cars, the Eige...png

Attachments

• 2024-07-24 15_51_45-MICHELIN-Pilot-Sport-Cup-2-CONNECT-Cup-2-R.jpg (2449×1632).png
    2024-07-24 15_51_45-MICHELIN-Pilot-Sport-Cup-2-CONNECT-Cup-2-R.jpg (2449×1632).png
    543.4 KB · Views: 8
Maybe the VGT's?
I would guess the cars that have weird tires, like the Barker or Willey's Jeep.
I am a bit nervous for the physics update as like I mentioned, I hope it doesn't mess with the BoP much. The physics can change the whole landscape of the BoP even if the BoP itself isn't touched. Speaking specifically for Gr3 and Gr4 the BoP is pretty good. Especially Gr4.
Yep. I'm sure there will be winners and losers in the Gr.3 and Gr.4 categories due to the physics changes. It will be interesting to see if this update include changes to the BoP settings to account for that or if we will have to wait for the next update to see them rebalanced again.
It'd be great if we could see the tire temps on the HUD somewhere.
And actual numeric values for tread levels. Also, let the HUD be changed in replays. I know, now I'm asking way too much.

Last edited:
I'm thinking in line of some of the vintage/classic cars plus some that may have specific branding(e.g. the MP4/4, the Super GT GT500s and the BRZ GT300, to name a few) as some others would've pointed out, but it'd be funny if the Himedic would come with those new Michelin tyres imo.

Back