Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.53 Prediction & Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 121 comments
The tricky thing with this is, nobody can predict what’s in an update such as the ambulance as you said, so everybody is essentially wishlist predicting until their wishlist actually comes true.
No one predicted the ambulance because there was no precedent. That doesn’t mean you cannot reasonably predict other cars without resorting to personal wishes.

I think the main reason why these threads usually turn out so bad is because many people do not compile their lists with the slightest hint of an analytical mindset. Either because they lack that ability, or because they haven’t invested enough attention toward patterns or trends.

Another reason could be that some people are too ego-driven to list content they don’t actually want to see themselves. For example, many players hate the addition of near-duplicate cars. So they would rather die than listing something like the 1991 Mazda éfini RX-7, because they don’t want the car themselves, although there are very good reasons to go ahead and predict this car.

Last edited:
Again, we have pretty much a dozen different threads for putting different types of wishlists in. The predictions threads are not for that, and I don't know why people insist on making wishlists in them when there are so many other threads for it; can't we have one thread a month for intelligence and reasoning?
I get what you’re saying, it makes sense.

I think I can help answer why people insist on making it wishlists. A lot probably don’t know or keep track of previous updates. Especially what came out when and where it was from and how many of this or that.

I wonder if on the next prediction thread, there was essentially a form to complete? Copy, paste, fill in. Maybe that would help knock wishlist items down, it would definitely stop large lists. (I’m guilty of that as I didn’t quite understand the prediction list and have made seven car lists to probably inadvertently up my chances of predicting at least one car correctly haha)

So something like,

1 brand central car
1 legendary dealership car
1 or 2 used car dealership cars
One track (yes or no, if yes which track?)
Race content (what type of races “Historic or American etc” and where?)
New Sophy tracks
Physic tweaks
Date’s silhouette’s and update drop

Anyway that might help keep people on track, worth a try anyway. Could provide a list of cars left in the data mine list, because most aren’t going to read this thread, go do their research then come back and comment. That would keep the predictions focused and then the people with a little more evidence as to why they think this or that may come can mention why they think that. Either way they’re good threads.

——————————- couldn’t figure out how to add your quote to my already posted reply————-

Nielsen

I think the main reason why these threads usually turn out so bad is because many people do not compile their lists with the slightest hint of an analytical mindset. Either because they lack that ability, or because they haven’t invested enough attention toward patterns or trends.

Another reason could be that some people are too ego-driven to list content they don’t actually want to see themselves. For example, many players hate the addition of near-duplicate cars. So they would rather die than listing something like the 1991 Mazda éfini RX-7, because they don’t want the car themselves, although there are very good reasons to go ahead and predict this car.”

Well it is a bit like predicting the weather. I know it’s going to snow soon, I just don’t actually know when, could be tomorrow could be a month or two yet. There are trends as famine pointed out in the post above mine. Which makes sense but it’s also all still up in the air. That’s why I mention a mini content form, it would at least stop long extravagant lists. You’re right, I won’t be predicting another Honda civic even though it could happen, but so could any other car. Just seems a bit funny somebody shouldn’t necessarily predict an ambulance until it actually happens and then we can predict ambulances.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back