Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming April 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 757 comments
Thank god! It was enough grinding for me to get that CLK-GTR and that was under 7 million.
It's good that most of the useful race cars are under one million.

Last edited:
So? Are the servers back up? I'm not trying to brick my game by downloading it too early
No, downtime is expected to be 2 hours.

The usual......
Downloading - whoosh!
Copying - 1%....zzzzzzzz...... 2%.........zzzzzzzzz....... will be today sometime!

Is the PS5 much faster? Wish I could get one.

There was likely an internal 1.10...testing found some bugs...patch again.
Make sense, last thing they need is a sequel to that disaster of a server downtime.

Last edited:
The usual......
Downloading - whoosh!
Copying - 1%....zzzzzzzz...... 2%.........zzzzzzzzz....... will be today sometime!

80 sec to download...copying its like 12% per minute on ps5. Around 8 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm... going to hold off on assuming my save is ruined until the servers are back. But the fact that I've been given the "Please enjoy the Music Rally minigame." along with my golds erased... is not comforting.

Edit: Selecting the Music Rally mission it wants me to also gives me the controls setup.

This is not looking good. This did not happen on previous updates.

Last edited:
OK, let the bitching begin. Because:
  • it is never going to solve all issues
  • it is never going to satisfy the eternally outraged
  • it is too late, this should have been done at launch already
  • anyone's favourite pet complaint is not going to be 100% addressed
  • it is still half a game
  • everything was better in GT4
  • where is my favourite car dude? It's in the wrong colour anyway
  • where is my favourite track dude? And they changed the curbs in corner 3 so it is ruined
  • I am playing 100 hours a week and there isn't enough content
  • they have increased the payouts but they don't compensate for all the races I have done so far

I am truly looking forward to the 3K posts that repeat the above in a thousand variants. And the outrage when anyone dares to suggest they are happy with the changes.

• where is my favourite track dude? And they changed the curbs in corner 3 so it is ruined
  • they have increased the payouts but they don't compensate for all the races I have done so far

I am truly looking forward to the 3K posts that repeat the above in a thousand variants. And the outrage when anyone dares to suggest they are happy with the changes.
Well it's looking like there may be bitching from lost saves if this current moment is anything to go from.
My local save should still be there. I should not be given the basic setup and Music Rally intro, even without a server connection.

Edit: Surely if I close the game now, whatever messed up save I have will be overwritten with what the server has?

Last edited:
The usual......
Downloading - whoosh!

No, unfortunately the copying is still there on PS5 and still slow, although it seems faster than what I remember from PS4.

Basically it is actually re-writing the game file so that the data is in order so that the HDD doesn't have to jump around reading data from different parts of the drive - an important thing for spinny hard drives, not at all an issue for SSD's. It adds the new data into the executable for the game but re-writes the whole thing... so it's got nothing to do with the update size.

People have mentioned that PS5 only games should have no need for it, but GT5 being cross generation is the reason it still happens apparently. I'm not so sure, the one time my only PS5 only game (Ratchet and Clank) updated I didn't take note. Maybe it's something they will get rid of in future PS5 only games.... hopefully for GT8? Ugh, the wait continues.

Last edited:

And if people said nothing where would the game be?

I have a feeling that they are adding the first new cars and tracks. Hope we're getting the RAESR, an electric hypercar that looks like something out of a science fiction movie.

Last edited:
1.11 ?? why did they skip 1.10 ?
They didn’t skip it, they just never released it.

yeah no. Thank god for those people not giving PD a free pass, but calling out their BS and being very vocal about it - we’re all getting a better game out of it thanks to them.

Back