Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming April 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 757 comments
I have a feeling that they are adding the first new cars and tracks. Hope we're getting the RAESR, an electric hypercar that looks like something out of a science fiction movie.
At 917mb cant be too much content. But I'm not a programmer so I could be way wrong.

Update speed also depends on internet speed. I have up to 100mb internet, took like 10 min (did not time it), to update on PS4.

But yeah looking forward to this update. Should ease out the grinding. Almost gave up on Ford GT gr3 test car for Friday (I will use either that or Mustang gr3 for Manufacturers because the new GT 18' version kinda sucks).

I doubt they update bop though until before the start of the next GTWS season. Test season 3 coming? Or they go 'official' with it? I wonder 🤔 I think bop needs at the very least brake bias adjustments allowed as well as power and weight values adjusted, to tackle the two meta cars - RCZ gr3 and Atenza gr4. Better default tunes for cars could be useful too, but seems like something that comes after a long time in a future update, or not at all.

Me waiting for details so I can make that thread:

2Nnb.gif

Better be worth it , I mean I'm having to watch intro movie (I mean intro has to play) again!
Because your save is currently reset. Mine is too.
I recommend turning the game off ASAP and hoping it gets re-synced with the server copy once they're back up.

They didn’t skip it, they just never released it.

yeah no. Thank god for those people not giving PD a free pass, but calling out their BS and being very vocal about it - we’re all getting a better game out of it thanks to them.
I mean yes, and no. The stuff theyre bitching about would have ended up being a non issue anyway with the addition of seasonal events and probably other developments.
Meanwhile the actual things that matter aka the sorry state of lobbies is not getting attention.

I mean yes, and no. The stuff theyre bitching about would have ended up being a non issue anyway with the addition of seasonal events and probably other developments.
Meanwhile the actual things that matter aka the sorry state of lobbies is not getting attention.
One step at a time. First priority had to be the predatory money making scheme. I don’t t believe for a second that would have become a non issue all by itself btw.

The usual......
Downloading - whoosh!
Copying - 1%....zzzzzzzz...... 2%.........zzzzzzzzz....... will be today sometime!

Is the PS5 much faster? Wish I could get one.
I've been very glad I shoved an SSD in my PS4 pro. That copying crap doesn't even happen, and loading times go from about 40 seconds to about 18 seconds. Failing the acquisition of a PS5, I'd recommend that update for a PS4 pro. I couldn't say what the impact on a standard PS4 is though.

Offline mode does not mean we lose our Music Rally progress, or our garages (which normally are still available in arcade mode), etc. Right now, we must run through all of the basic setup and introduction to the game. This is not normal.
It seems that its that way but the save are fine atleast according to the gt7 customer service guy, the guy above lose his music rally progress too.

It seems that its that way but the save are fine atleast according to the gt7 customer service guy, the guy above lose his music rally progress too.
The customer service person would have access to the server copy of the save file, not the local copy. The server copy is likely fine, but local copies do not work.

In closing the game now, I'm trying to ensure the server copy does not get overwritten with this reset save file.

Offline mode does not mean we lose our Music Rally progress, or our garages (which normally are still available in arcade mode), etc. Right now, we must run through all of the basic setup and introduction to the game. This is not normal.
This has happened to me in previous updates. I had to redo a lot of settings just like when I booted it up for the first time. It was resolved however when servers went online again.

Last edited:
I've been very glad I shoved an SSD in my PS4 pro. That copying crap doesn't even happen, and loading times go from about 40 seconds to about 18 seconds. Failing the acquisition of a PS5, I'd recommend that update for a PS4 pro. I couldn't say what the impact on a standard PS4 is though.
Really? That's not what I've read anywhere with others who have done the same and not what happens on my PS5 with its even faster PCI-E SSD.

EDIT: The copying process is what I mean. Load times are definitely MUCH faster.

Last edited:
Well, yes. The maintenance is 8-10 Bulgarian time.
Thanks, i check converter in google and he show me time for Bulgaria is + 3h of UTC!
Work some things for more 1hour!
P. S. I hope so they fix this roulette ticket glitch and add more tickets for more dayli drived kilometers. I drive every day 700 or more!

Last edited:
I dont understand some people… 🙄

Server maintenance is always 2 hours minimum, you have time schedule on GT website.

Yet still some of you ask how is it, that it is still offline atm, and you play the game during maintenance and stress about that your save is gone… 🤯

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that maybe it was their way of getting rid of the roulette ticket glitch? Maybe now the game is online by the time you launch it!?

One step at a time. First priority had to be the predatory money making scheme. I don’t t believe for a second that would have become a non issue all by itself btw.
That was no priority. They were just cornered into making these changes because of the ratings thing. And I still don't see what was predatory about the game economy lol. You do the cafe garbage you come out with like 70 cars. A lot of decent fun cars among these too. Actual GT players are in this for like 5 years, so what's the rush to get this old race Jag or whatever.

First priority is making the lobbies more stable. We actually pay for PSN+ to be able to play online.

Yet still some of you ask how is it, that it is still offline atm, and you play the game during maitnance and stress about that your save is gone…
Every other maintenance I played during, I still had my save intact in offline mode. Not the case here. So yes, I was worried, considering this game's history of save corruption.

Because your save is currently reset. Mine is too.
I recommend turning the game off ASAP and hoping it gets re-synced with the server copy once they're back up.
I dont understand some people… 🙄

Server maintanance is always 2 hours minimum, you have time schedule on GT website.

Yet still some of you ask how is it, that it is still offline atm, and you play the game during maitnance and stress about that your save is gone…
This so much.

Back