Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming April 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 757 comments
Those endurance races are gonna keep me occupied for a while, good stuff on this update overall and a good first step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Maybe they are doing it this way as a response to lost saves in the 1.07.

They have saves on servers, “locked” local saves until the maintenance is over so you dont accidentaly rewrite it.
Maybe this update needs to have local save disabled, who knows.

My advice is to be cool, wait for maintenance to be over 🙏
Yep, I really believe that's the case. Even a corruption like last time will not lose our saves in long term. They surelly have secure backups. I've just answered the screenshot above, that the current behavior is not an ussual one. It is something new. I can live without playing for few hours anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sure that won't be enough for many, especially since I haven't seen anywhere that the rewards for the simple races have also been increased.

Officially, nothing was changed in the "physics" and nothing in the BoP settings of the vehicles. This will surely upset some.

However, I see an incredible number of changes in a short time!

BTW 1.2 million max, so I understand with 50% clean driving bonus.
Driving clean for an hour in a row is not as easy as it sounds!
The bop balance will come after the test seasons hopefully.

Because being concerned about save issues, in a game with a history of many people's saves being corrupted, and an update that corrupted saves leading to a 31 hour outage, is totally unreasonable!

Well there was only about 3 hours content according to some, so won't take long to get back to where we were :D

I'm sure that won't be enough for many, especially since I haven't seen anywhere that the rewards for the simple races have also been increased.

Officially, nothing was changed in the "physics" and nothing in the BoP settings of the vehicles. This will surely upset some.

However, I see an incredible number of changes in a short time!

BTW 1.2 million max, so I understand with 50% clean driving bonus.
Driving clean for an hour in a row is not as easy as it sounds!
BOP is going to be a very complicated problem to solve. Definitely not something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks. It’ll take months I think.

BOP is going to be a very complicated problem to solve. Definitely not something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks. It’ll take months I think.
To be fair, it was never really 'fixed' in GTS, and don't think it truly can be. By the sheer nature of the cars they all have their advantages and disadvantages. Some are frugal on fuel, some are great on straights, some corner like they are on rails - there will always be a 'meta' car for each track, even if they get the BoP fairly close.

To truly fix it they would need to have specific BOP for each and every track, including specific BOP for different fuel and tyre useage etc. which just won't happen

Raking in some nice spoils for the circuit experiences I've done so far. Went from 2.2m to 7.2m and I've only did about 10 so far.

EDIT: Make that 8.4 million now. Just collected on all golds for Spa, 1.2 million. Sweet.

Last edited:
  • New race events have been added to the World Circuit. The new events are as follows:
 ・World Touring Car 600 Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise
 ・World Touring Car 700 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
 ・World Touring Car 800 Sardegna Road Track A
For the love of god, this is a joke right?

Last edited:
Back