Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.48 Now Available: Volvo Returns, Five New Cars, New Extra Menu, & New Engine Swaps

• Thread starter Famine
  • 572 comments
I'm not very familiar with the JGTC stuff but, from the sound of things, the late 90s/early 2000s cars were a bit closer to their production counterparts. Engine wise at least. And then eventually they just started doing whatever with whatever and kinda only retained the exterior shape.

Just my guess though.🤷‍♂️
Fair enough, I was looking at it thinking, don’t we already have this in game? As well as the civic. Haha. Oh well, I’m sure it’ll be a fun car to drive.

Maybe we get this event for the NSX Mugen 2000. I would really enjoy it :)

View attachment 1359104
WTC900 already done that job, though, and the event has 90s Gr.3 cars as field fillers.

EDIT: The car's year means that it will probably be also ineligible for Neo-Classic Challenge except if they extend the year limit to 2000.

Last edited:
Look at farine de blé on youtube 2JZ swaped volvo
Yeah, V8 and 2JZ swaps are all very well and good... but 5 cylinders offer a unique soundscape which I'd like to see more of - especially since Gran Turismo FINALLY got the sound right.

Also, you can run a ton of boost through a 5 pot.

I mean, ideally it would be nice to have multiple choices for engine swaps, but w/e.

Having driven a 240 estate for 16 years, and if I said GT4 didn't play a part in it back then I'd be lying, they had better get the weight right this time. The previously seen 1890 kg is a fully laden weight, the curb weight is somewhere around 1340 kg.
Also, the car we got in GT4 was some weird hybrid styling wise. It was a GLT but it had some GL trim and Turbo wheels. I hope they did their homework this time, and please, let it be the ‘81-‘85 Turbo this time.

IMG_2567.jpeg

Also, the car we got in GT4 was some weird hybrid styling wise. It was a GLT but it had some GL trim and Turbo wheels.
Virgos aren't wrong for a GLT, in fact they originated with it and were later used for the Turbo too. Not sure about the GL trim either, I have one of my own in the front yard right now and the only things the GT4 version had in chrome were the door handles, the rear hatch hinges and the cover plates near them - all of which indeed should be chromed, they only became black in '92 for all models and the GLT was long gone by then, replaced by the SE.

Last edited:
WTC900 already done that job, though, and the event has 90s Gr.3 cars as field fillers.

EDIT: The car's year means that it will probably be also ineligible for Neo-Classic Challenge except if they extend the year limit to 2000.
This is what I was thinking. NSX is great opportunity to add NEO-Classic Challenge new races... but... it is 2000 and not in the year limit of this races. I expect new WTC 900 race then since those are putting 90s gr.3 cars in the grid.

Other think which makes me thinking... With every "bigger" car updates there are always some nice additional features added alongside.
Car selling was added with december 4 car update in 2022
VR was added with grand valley 4 car update
120 FPS mode was added with bigger update...
Spec 2 was also awesome update with loads of cars and new features.

Maybe something nice is waiting here to?

I’d prefer the classic 5.0 swap, but any V8 would do. ;)

Not for nothing, but this article from 2019 has a 1993 model wagon in it. I’m sure PD could have sourced one anywhere in the world, but interesting it’s Hagerty.
1993 Volvo 240 Wagon 3/4 front
1993 Volvo 240 Wagon BaT

Hope it’s a manual
Like Paul Newman's V-8 version:

There's definitely a theme of filling out model generations in the last few updates:
  • June brought us our first CE9A Lancer Evo and the blobeye Impreza to go with the 22B and Version VI.
  • August had the C1 Corvette to almost finish that line, only the C5 left there.
  • September had the FL5 Civic, and an EG as well although not stock.
  • Spec II filled out the Charger and Challenger lines, gave us our second R33 to go with the two C10/R32/R35 GT-Rs, and gave us the 992 911 to help complete that model line.
  • February brought us the last needed TT generation, and the last needed Lancer Evo "major" generation with the CT9A.
  • March brought us the second and final R8 generation.
  • Now this update brings us another extra Civic generation and an R31 Skyline to bridge the gap between the 70s and 90s Skylines (even if it isn't a GT-R).
That's all of the recent updates except January and April. Both of which are the two recent updates people disliked the most, which is interesting to me.

This is what I was thinking. NSX is great opportunity to add NEO-Classic Challenge new races... but... it is 2000 and not in the year limit of this races. I expect new WTC 900 race then since those are putting 90s gr.3 cars in the grid.
Some of the road car-only events were altered to allow Pro Tuned cars when the 400R was added in Spec II, as it was retroactively added as opponents in said races (there's also another that has Shigeno Trueno, which would not be eligible otherwise, and thus had a similar change).

There's definitely a theme of filling out model generations in the last few updates:
  • June brought us our first CE9A Lancer Evo and the blobeye Impreza to go with the 22B and Version VI.
  • August had the C1 Corvette to almost finish that line, only the C5 left there.
  • September had the FL5 Civic, and an EG as well although not stock.
  • Spec II filled out the Charger and Challenger lines, gave us our second R33 to go with the two C10/R32/R35 GT-Rs, and gave us the 992 911 to help complete that model line.
  • February brought us the last needed TT generation, and the last needed Lancer Evo "major" generation with the CT9A.
  • March brought us the second and final R8 generation.
  • Now this update brings us another extra Civic generation and an R31 Skyline to bridge the gap between the 70s and 90s Skylines (even if it isn't a GT-R).
That's all of the recent updates except January and April. Both of which are the two recent updates people disliked the most, which is interesting to me.
Was hoping to see some additions to the muscle car lines. Missing a 67 and 68 Camaro as well as a 71 and an IROC Z and 4th gen. That’s just Camaro too. Need a 69 nova yet, foxbody mustang and a mustang II. I’m kidding, I just wish the focus wasn’t so much on the civics, skylines.

Virgos aren't wrong for a GLT, in fact they originated with it and were later used for the Turbo too. Not sure about the GL trim either, I have one of my own in the front yard right now and the only things the GT4 version had in chrome were the door handles, the rear hatch hinges and the cover plates near them - all of which indeed should be chromed, they only became black in '92 for all models and the GLT was long gone by then, replaced by the SE.
The waist trim mouldings have chrome on them in GT4, and really on the Virgos? That’s news to me.

I think it’s just a side effect of adding important cars, thus not a deliberate theme of filling out gaps.

…and an R31 Skyline to bridge the gap between the 70s and 90s Skylines (even if it isn't a GT-R).
They would also need the C210 and DR30 before that bridge is complete. Again, I doubt that is the primary goal, because those cars would be worthy additions regardless of their ability to bridge generational gaps.

Last edited:
I'm over joyed with this update of cars. I was over the moon when PD added the original E30. Then, surprised us with the Sierra. Then, again with the R32 NISMO. Hit me in the feels with the 190 E. Now, slam dunking the R31, 240 AND EG!

All these cars in fully rendered PSVR2 glory. Can't wait to turn my head and look back at the cargo area of the Volvo. Can't wait to watch replays of the R31 going head to head with the E30, RS500 Supra and 240, while dodging the slower AE86s around Mount Panorama. Can't wait to get that EG B16A screaming to fuel cut off, as the Group A R32s blast past on the Fuji straight.

Just waiting for that Starion...
1000000337.jpg

Latest Posts

Back