Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

Simple fan design :)

7070727281494229012_0.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nl/gts...lery/all/livery/1677933/1/4620693224200078857

You can colour headlight surrounds by selecting the other area option under the paint tab.

Thanks, i'll try that. Never thought to try the paint section. Can you still do that retrospectively?

The main difference is the shape of the 'S'. Most liveries I've seen (including the ones in your post above) have the modern logo with the slanted 'S' not the blocky version from before. The logo you have on the sides in the blue box is correct, but the one you've used on the nose is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Blocky version start in 1983 to 2000, but the slim one start in 1989 to today. You can see it in R32 GT-R for exemple (so btw 1989 to 1994) or some european model versions.
It's like Peugeot, two different name logo share same period (race models include).

The main difference is the shape of the 'S'. Most liveries I've seen (including the ones in your post above) have the modern logo with the slanted 'S' not the blocky version from before. The logo you have on the sides in the blue box is correct, but the one you've used on the nose is wrong.

Blocky version start in 1983 to 2000, but the slim one start in 1989 to today. You can see it in R32 GT-R for exemple (so btw 1989 to 1994) or some european model versions.
It's like Peugeot, two different name logo share same period (race models include).
I'd be interested to see some examples as everything I've seen has the standard logo used from the 80's through to 2001

EDIT: @zeptrans Here's a comparison of the two as I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm saying about the difference:

Nissan Logo.jpg

Above is the old version in use until 2001. Note the sharp corners on all the letters and horizontal spine on the S. The post-2001 logo uses curved corners (most noticeable on the N and A) and the S has a slanted spine.

Yes there may be variations to letter width on different cars (most likely due to lack of use of Computers in early livery production) but from what I've seen the letter forms did not change until 2001.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see some examples as everything I've seen has the standard logo used from the 80's through to 2001

EDIT: @zeptrans Here's a comparison of the two as I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm saying about the difference:

View attachment 741211

Above is the old version in use until 2001. Note the sharp corners on all the letters and horizontal spine on the S. The post-2001 logo uses curved corners (most noticeable on the N and A) and the S has a slanted spine.

Yes there may be variations to letter width on different cars (most likely due to lack of use of Computers in early livery production) but from what I've seen the letter forms did not change until 2001.

BIG sorry, I thank you talking about the blue and red logo include into a square (used in one of mine).
nissan-company-eps-vector-logo-400x400.png

So yes, I use post 2001 version to the name, i prefer it because if I try to insert the pre 2001, it's to "block" for the game result (in-race visibility), so I prefer a clear one.

Back