Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

6B50DEDC-8959-4FDD-9D25-0474B57BD2CF.jpeg
A53304CC-1094-410A-B421-A7B340D4CD04.jpeg
96631568-7609-47BE-9265-7137BBB144A9.jpeg
351EA00D-696B-4141-BDB6-08B1F7BD7A69.jpeg
F9EE386A-3354-4CC5-83D9-5D300E3A3AA0.jpeg

Two liveries here, one based on the group C jags of the 80's but on the 80's F1 car and the other is the GTPlanet livery on the RUF CTR3 from Project Cars 1 but with updated real world sponsors.

Uncensored Jag
Censored Jag
GTPlanet RUF

hey guys, i have a couple of questions...

does anyone know a good search term to locate wraps/shapes for certain cars, i mean to get the correct outlines around wheel arches and to have stripes etc set up for a particular car? i am ending up using literally dozens of little triangles and circles to clean up the edges of some simple outlines down the side of the car, i am sure people have made svg blocks for this.

also, if i have a wrap/pattern and i want it to connect both left and right sides at the rear of the car instead of leaving that middle bit blank, is there any way to extend it around the back further? or am i going to have to add a 3rd panel on the rear and try to link it up manually? maybe this is why everyone uses a big racing stripe!?

hey guys, i have a couple of questions...

does anyone know a good search term to locate wraps/shapes for certain cars, i mean to get the correct outlines around wheel arches and to have stripes etc set up for a particular car? i am ending up using literally dozens of little triangles and circles to clean up the edges of some simple outlines down the side of the car, i am sure people have made svg blocks for this.

also, if i have a wrap/pattern and i want it to connect both left and right sides at the rear of the car instead of leaving that middle bit blank, is there any way to extend it around the back further? or am i going to have to add a 3rd panel on the rear and try to link it up manually? maybe this is why everyone uses a big racing stripe!?

Good question. I end up doing lot of things with as you said with edges and outlines. For me it's honest work to get a livery done, if there is some clever workaround, i'm looking forward for the answer of someone more experienced than me.

The most custom way will be, if you make your own .svg files. You can check the great tutorials how to do that right here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-make-svg-request-in-separate-thread.361630/

If you have luck, you can find preworked decals for specific cars. Either in the Gran Turismo community or here: http://gtswiki.gt-beginners.net/decal/?searchword=
Had some success with for example the hood of the old Dodges.

Usually you have to connect your work from the side of the cars at the front or the back of your car. If you can't get it right, maybe your weapon of choice is using the possibility to place the decal based on the camera angle instead of the default surface position.

Have fun and share your work with us, my good sir!

Last edited:
As I scrolled trough my garage, I realized I did not even touched my Alfa 4C GT3. So I made a livery and used in the Daily Race at Interlagos. The brakes of the Alfa are good, but not good enough for brakechecking (looking at you, my grumpy, dirty Audi R8 driving sir, yes you!!). My SR is now down to 21, thanks to this little sucker:

5836762982827165212_0.jpg
5837325934928070172_0.jpg
5846333133782254100_0.jpg

Livery is sport mode compatible.

Back