Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

6134545911690331676_0.jpg

6269658307145795100_0.jpg

Not sure if the matte paint works on the P1 GTR.
Also, from the 2nd pic, I've missed some tidying up on the McLaren logo.

Mononoke Motorsports 4C GT300

As a follow-up to my earlier Nausicaä LMP1 livery, here is a Princess Mononoke-themed Alfa I first started working on a couple of years ago.

What began as a clean tri-colour design (top) inspired by one of the film's protagonists, San, evolved into something which I believe could pass off as a legitimate GT300-style factory scheme. I used the Gr.3 Alfa as I was getting strong results with it during the first few months of GT Sport's release and wanted to showcase it in Daily and FIA races.

It quickly dawned on me that the 4C's front end would make a perfect representation of the full-face mask San wears in a few scenes from the film, and this became the main element of the earlier versions. Said 'mask' was entirely created using default shapes.

Over time, I had planned to update the livery with more decals and improvements, which I finally started doing again last month using @Maninashed's excellent decals of San (many thanks to him for creating and letting me use them. :)).​

To make sure that the decals would fit into my earlier design, substantial changes were made to the rear quarters, including the use of large dark grey (left) or dark blue (right) panels and gradient effects matching the character decal on the right-hand side. The gradients were by far the most difficult and time-consuming part to get right, though in the end I felt satisfied that they worked in concealing the outer edges of Maninashed's decal (do they?).
Other changes included the addition of more realistic sponsors (most of which came from the default Gr.3/Gr.4 liveries), Super GT-style numberplates/light covers and extra 'fur' effects along the doors and top panels. The 'fur', made using regular shapes and patterns, came about when I was thinking of ways to make those sections look less empty, and was another element inspired by San's character design.

Aside from the mask, among the few parts to be kept largely unchanged were these Kodama spirits 'sitting' on the endplates and rear vents.

Featuring a combined total of 314 decals (including 275 on the body alone), this rework is easily the most complex livery I have shared to date. It was a challenge to bring my original design up to my current standards, but in the end I couldn't have been more happy with the end result. I also have another updated Mononoke Motorsports livery in the pipeline - based on the Gr.B Toyota - though it isn't quite at the same stage of completion yet. Keep your eyes unclouded...

Link (GT300).
Link (Gr.3 1.2, earlier version).
Extra race photo as suggested by @Cytoria (also available from my Gallery):

Back