Gran Turismo Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup Announced for 2024 Season

• Thread starter Famine
  • 405 comments
Saw a post on Twitter from the official GT chanel and they only spoke of a livery. So do we only get a livery for the Toyota? 🤔
It is the car with the livery, at least according to this news post:

All the players who enter this round will receive a free GR010 Hybrid, complete with the 2024 livery for use in-game!
Edit: Races coming up soon! Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
For those in GT1 with the wet conditions, seems Wets may actually be the way to go. I'm watching Oceania top split and people were switching to slicks on laps 6-7, with a lot of people starting on Wets.

The dry line forms far, far faster in the actual race than free practice once the rain stops, so the middle phase that you'd take Inters to optimise is shorter than the heavy rain at the beginning where the Wets would help.

Last edited:
Good luck to all today. Not sure I'm gonna make this one as I'm at Brands Hatch again today. Probably gonna have a few daytime ciders but I do have a 2 hour drive to sober up.... See how I feel for the evening races haha!!!

Edit for clarity : wife is driving. Never drink and drive

Last edited:
GT2, Low/Mid B, 97points for the win, door #16

Was a bit scared having door #16 but quali went good. P3

LeMans Quali.jpg

Race started good and after Tertre Rouge I was in P2.

P1 made a slight mistake and I was able to pass him to get the lead.

Pitted in the first lap and after I passed the 3 cars that stayed out ( 2 were crawling with no fuel and one was probably in mix6 ) I battled with the driver in P2.

Although it wasn't really a battle because he was so much faster and i lost P1 on the Mulsanne Straight.

P1 made another mistake in the Ford Chicane and P1 it was again.

And again I lost it 😅 Still managed to stay at his tail but not really a chance for the victory.

Finished in P2 with 93points. My highest points finish so far.

LeMans Race.jpg

The dry line forms far, far faster in the actual race than free practice once the rain stops, so the middle phase that you'd take Inters to optimise is shorter than the heavy rain at the beginning where the Wets would help.

I was seeing the same thing in some of my lobby races I've been doing the couple days. My problem is that I've been doing so much practicing on IMs that I'm now faster on those than I am on Ws. I just did a quick test in Free Practice. I was hitting 4:08.4 on the Ws for those first 4 laps, but with IMs I was at 4:06.1. So I guess I'll be sticking with IMs anyway.

GT2, Low/Mid B, 97points for the win, door #16

Was a bit scared having door #16 but quali went good. P3

View attachment 1363297

Race started good and after Tertre Rouge I was in P2.

P1 made a slight mistake and I was able to pass him to get the lead.

Pitted in the first lap and after I passed the 3 cars that stayed out ( 2 were crawling with no fuel and one was probably in mix6 ) I battled with the driver in P2.

Although it wasn't really a battle because he was so much faster and i lost P1 on the Mulsanne Straight.

P1 made another mistake in the Ford Chicane and P1 it was again.

And again I lost it 😅 Still managed to stay at his tail but not really a chance for the victory.

Finished in P2 with 93points. My highest points finish so far.

View attachment 1363303
Was the race completely dry for you?

For my race it was soaked for quali and the start of the race the dried up around lap 7, not sure if this will be the same for the following time slots.

Not sure where I gained so much wet pace though :D I had a 12 second gap after 3 laps but my pace advantage disappeared the drier it got, I also started to take it a bit more conservative and focus on just staying on track with a large lead after the pitstop for slicks.

I credit this win to doing some karting on slicks in the pouring rain a couple of weeks ago :lol:

18ffd8a3cf052-screenshotUrl.jpg
2bc1619b-9d6f-41d7-86f3-397f92d9280c.jpg

For my race it was soaked for quali and the start of the race the dried up around lap 7, not sure if this will be the same for the following time slots.

Not sure where I gained so much wet pace though :D I had a 12 second gap after 3 laps but my pace advantage disappeared the drier it got, I also started to take it a bit more conservative and focus on just staying on track with a large lead after the pitstop for slicks.

I credit this win to doing some karting on slicks in the pouring rain a couple of weeks ago :lol:

View attachment 1363369View attachment 1363373
Nice one! Wets to slicks or Inters to slicks?

Don't like this car. Understeers through the Porsche curves, is an adventure at the hairpin and coming out of Arnage. Started 6th and made up some places on lap 1 as some cars in front pinballed around through Indianapolis and served penalties. Two guys stayed out and pitted on lap 2 rather than 1, I settled into 4th. I was ready to let 5th past because he was clearly faster than me and was right behind me by the end of the straight on lap 3 and4, but he pulled out and by the look of it got loads of penalties so I was never really under threat. (Actually looking at the replay he lifted off at the end of lap 4, weird) Which was a good thing because I did no practice and was easily losing about a second per chicane.

24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit_.jpeg

97 points, all dry down here in the diddy leagues. Which makes the race a bit pointless, really.

Last edited:
P4 start, P5 finish for me in GT1.

Super sketchy start when the Swiss driver in front of me was very slow off the rolling start, ended up side-by-side with him into the Dunlop Chicane and that wasn't quite what I had in mind. That let the German drivers in P6 and P7 close right up, and they each took a turn diving me at the Mulsanne Chicanes.

I almost got pushed into the wall by one of the Germans on the way to the Porsche Curves when I had a bit of a run coming out of Arnage, just kept moving right whilst I was alongside until I lifted for the sake of survival. Very, very aggressive squeeze, wasn't particularly amused to be honest.

The other German botched Tertre Rouge on lap 2, then the other botched the end of the Mulsanne a bit and was carrying a 1 second penalty to boot. I got past on the run to Indianapolis, so back up to P4 but now with a significant gap in front.

The Swiss driver spun it on the approach to Tertre Rouge, so P3 and looking good. I was still in P3 when I pit at the end of lap 6, and the outlap was going good tracing the dry-ish line until the final chicane. I got onto the wet kerb and the car went full 360. :scared: I didn't hit any walls or collide with any other cars as they passed though, so was able to recover and carry on.

I was P5 by the time the pit stops all completed, and stayed that way until the end. Le Mans continues to be one of my weaker tracks (unless it's wet apparently) so I will take the 218 points and run for definite. P4 would likely have been on the cards if not for the spin, but still a good day at Le Mans by my standards. Just would have preferred to not have had the brown pants moment. :lol:

Stupid fuel balls (GT2). Didn't realise it was only a partial tank to start. Spent first two laps on fuel mode 6 dropping back through the pack as I thought each refuel might only give us a lap or two or fuel. Thought I was being clever going for a two stopper as everyone else had to pit in on lap one. Then pitted in on lap two and realised what the deal was.

Waste of time. What's the point. I hate Toyota now I will never ever buy one of their cars.

Last edited:
GT2

A/S lobby door #1

Because of my lack practice I picked up a pen on my fast QT lap and QT 14th

Lap 2 I was up to 8th an accidental rear end sees me in the gravel a spin before tetra rouge sealed my fate and a 14th finish. 72pts. Will go again for the desperation slot.

But man did it hammer my DR!

GT3 League

I just played round 3 for the free GR010 and won the race, the points I got for winning the race should appear updated after finishing the race right? It's showing no points on my table.
I think the car does nt come till after the complete series is done.

Last edited:
GT3 League

I just played round 3 for the free GR010 and won the race, the points I got for winning the race should appear updated after finishing the race right? It's showing no points on my table.
Your points will show up about an hour after the very last race is completed.

Did around 10 to 12 laps in the wet as practice. Had speed and based it on taking it cautious and clean.

So after 1 decent mistake in qualifying puts me p6 instead of the p4 I could have had I wasn't too upset. Of course I promptly get damage accidentally rear ending someone on IMs lap 1 as he had to brake a good 50m before I did so front damage for 5.5 laps. Then end of lap 7 after getting on slicks the car spun into the wall. With TCS on 4 and being dead center on the dry line. Front and right front damage. Limped home p8. Wasn't helped by spinning out on pit exit while coasting or spinning myself out letting someone by aftef I accidentally turned in on them.

All my mistakes my fault so not much I could complain about other than not doing a good job. And my TGR cup is done as I have no use at all for any of the other combos. Not being able to get on until last slot when all but 1 other person in the lobby has run the first 2 doesn't help either.

Good luck for the rest of the season everyone, over and out

Well what a TOYOA GAZOO CUP race for me way down in GT2 league, but good nonetheless!

Logged on very late to the game just before the 11am slot. Starting running the car in free practice with 3mins left. Went into the event and then started the qualfier, which was way too short.

Tried to gt a good tiem but track limits let me down on lap 2 and didnt even log a time. So got stuck in 14th place to start the race off. Did the obligatory roll call of cars, then we took off but the pack lagged or some glithc and we got stuck on the secodn to last corner befor eth main straight, then the game thougth a bit for itself and we started moving. Already up a few places till turn 1 and chaos ensued. Low fuel on Lap 1 so everyone pitted, I managed to get enough fueled topped up to exit in 4th but becuase I got bumped entering the pits I got 3sec penalty, oh joy. Chugged on and held my place down to 5th after my penalty, was chasing p4 and p3 cars. A brit in 2nd plce had spin a few laps down that allowed ot catchup and gained 4th I was chasing hard till the dn to get 4rd but didnt quite catch p3 racer. Ended the race on solid 4th place, worked up 10 places and called it a day!

Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609110023.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609110215.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609111202.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609111232.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609111325.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609113555.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609113642.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609113718.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609115525.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609121000.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609120011.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609121438.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609111803.jpg
    Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240609111803.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3
I ran the first GT1 slot -- 7 PM EDT -- in the Americas. All A/S lobby. In door #5, with 160 points on the line. I needed P12 or better to improve on my wretched performance at the Prius race (I don't want to talk about it).

Qualifying went surprisingly well. My time of 4:05.782 landed me in pole.

tgr-rd3-start-jpg.1363505

I qualified and started the race on W tires, as I'd figured out how to a little faster on them than the IMs with some practice late this morning.

For the most part, the race was uneventful. There was a brief worry on lap 1, going into Mulsanne Corner, when I saw the car behind filling my rear-view mirror. Thankfully, the game ghosted me and the other car went right through me into the sand. After that, I had a 2-second lead that grew, and grew, and grew. It went over 40 seconds at one point.

I pitted at the end of lap 6 for slicks, as did most of the field. Came out in P1, though, ahead of the few drivers who decided not to pit.

Once the track completely dried out, the fast-lappers started chipping away at my lead. Still, I managed to bring it home with a 36.344s gap to P2, which feels... well, astounding, really. Definitely not something I'm accustomed to.

tgr-rd3-result.jpg

160 points -- clean race bonus, too (for just over half as may credits as I'd get for a comparable Custom Race, but I digress).

Couldn't be happier with this result. I was about to add, 'though the race was rather dull', but that wasn't really true. The whole time I was forcing myself to concentrate on the hitting every corner. I knew at any moment, I could hit a wet curb and ruin my race. Those long straights give your mind time to wander, and I found it to be a real struggle to keep focused on the race, but somehow I managed to do keep it together and avoid any catastrophic blunders.

Attachments

• tgr-rd3-start.jpg
    tgr-rd3-start.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
I am in GT3 class with mid level C rating, and in most of the races in the NA region had the selection of dirty / bad drivers this final round. It was the worst midday when some joker thought it was fun to wreck qualifiers, and he continued to do same in the race also.
The only way to stay above the mess was to qualify good and I was able to nab P3 starts twice today. The earlier race was a bust with a driver being a nuisance, blocking and ramming me down to a p8 finish.
The last race I ran (10pm slot) I qualified P3 again and with trouble a dirty driver was giving me and another made it hard but the other driver took him out as he was fed up with the fool (thank you)
I wound up with P2 and I can honestly say I had to work for it too. I did my best today.
1900014e81927-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_439804983889733_1717988218319.jpg

I still think IM - S was the best strategy in GT1. I took it to 3rd in A+. Someone somehow beat me with a no-stop IM run, but my pace in the dry was horrible so that's probably why. The wets are so rarely worth it in this game, I could have qualified 2nd on the IMs if not for a penalty on the warmup lap that must have registered a few feet after the line for serving it...

What is messed up is a few malcontents that ruin the qualifiers for some...
Same. I had one guy right on me for the out lap. Tried to let him through by slowing down before the porsche curves, slowed to a crawl and went offline and they just slowed down as well and stayed on me, at snails pace and offline. So I just had to go eventually.

Properly put me off knowing I had someone that could make a move at any moment. Weirdness considering slipstream isn't a thing in Qualy. They messed up their own lap anyway going wide onto the straight, but was still annoying.

Last edited:
Same. I had one guy right on me for the out lap. Tried to let him through by slowing down before the porsche curves, slowed to a crawl and went offline and they just slowed down as well and stayed on me, at snails pace and offline. So I just had to go eventually.

Properly put me off knowing I had someone that could make a move at any moment. Weirdness considering slipstream isn't a thing in Qualy. They messed up their own lap anyway going wide onto the straight, but was still annoying.
I'm amazed more people don't wait longer before leaving the pits. Both my races I hung back over a minute and had no one any where near me. Enabled me to qualify 2nd and 1st last (0.5s penalty on the final pair of chicanes disqualified what would have been a pole lap)

GT2 League
Emotional damage for me :(

First race. Little touch with someone ahead of me in Dunlop Chicane. Next some divebomber in Arnage ruining race for few people. After that race, I don't know how, my sportmanship rank dropped to A. I didn't get any penalty during the race.
Took me few races to rebuild it to maximum S.
And in that last race when I could finally fight for good points another diveboomber in Dunlop Chicane ruined my race again.
I don't remember seeing that many accidents, people exiting lobbies with drivers ranked with high B driver rating and maximum S sportmanship rating.

I even saw drivers fighting on qualifaing opening lap and geting 4,5 sec penalties for hitting other drivers. Why not make some space before qualifaing lap? Why fight and push other people?

I'm so dissapointed after yesterday that I don't know if I want to play online anymore.

Last edited:
Back