Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
I avoid using any car livery that doesn't have a GT sponsored racing number. I hate IMSA/24Hr/Nurb etc racing numbers. It's GT not whatever event series you've put there.

Last edited:
I avoid using any car livery that doesn't have a GT sponsored racing number. I hate IMSA/24Hr/Nurb etc racing numbers. It's GT not whatever event series you've put there.
If I make a replica livery I will put the accurate series numbers, but I'll always try (with a certain degree of success :D) to modify it in a way that GT numbers overlap in Sport Mode. I totally respect your opinion, though, and here's my unpopular opinin related to that.

It drives me crazy when I download a livery and the numberplates it has don't match with the GT ones. That livery is completely discarded for me and out of sheer spite I'll sometimes make my own sport-safe version for myself.

Last edited:
If I make a replica livery I will put the accurate series numbers, but I'll always try (with a certain degree of success :D) to modify it in a way that GT numbers overlap in Sport Mode. I totally respect your opinion, though, and here's my unpopular opinin related to that.

It drives me crazy when I download a livery and the numberplates it has don't match with the GT ones. That livery is completely discarded for me and out of sheer spite I'll sometimes make my own sport-safe version for myself.
I sometimes make a true replica with numbers placed as the real thing but then I always make a sport mode compatible version too.
Running a car in sport mode where the number boards are visible at the same time as the sport mode numbers drive me nuts. Also cars where the sponsors are obscured by the number boards. I just won't run them.
Example, replica with conflicting livery (numbers goes in windows IRL)
8863656987603239433_23.jpg

And then a Sport mode compatible version
8719066819499917825_23.jpg

I would never bring the first one to a FIA or sport mode race but in a lobby I would pick the top one every day.

Whenever I'm looking for a new livery for a car, the first thing I search on the website is "sport mode," so if someone's mentioned that it's sport mode safe in the description I'll see it. If I look for something specific for a single car, I have to strain looking at the list of thumbnails to see if it's got a GT Sport number board on it, or if I think the board wouldn't spoil the livery.

I strongly judge anyone I see in a race that doesn't have a sport mode compatible livery.

Whenever I'm looking for a new livery for a car, the first thing I search on the website is "sport mode," so if someone's mentioned that it's sport mode safe in the description I'll see it. If I look for something specific for a single car, I have to strain looking at the list of thumbnails to see if it's got a GT Sport number board on it, or if I think the board wouldn't spoil the livery.

I strongly judge anyone I see in a race that doesn't have a sport mode compatible livery.
Next time you need a livery you should use the wiki to search.
Here is the link. Fill in your own search words before you search

https://gts.gt-beginners.net/livery/?d=&lang=us&cartag=5296&searchword=Resident_Knievel&type=0

When I make a livery, I try to keep a happy medium. So a small logo where the number would be. Sometimes it is peeking out a slight bit and sometimes it's completely covered. I think it looks better that way. I may be the only one who thinks this way.

6485280221185443345_23.jpg

9007213632699761169_23.jpg

An example of each. The Newcastle logo would be peeking out on the McLaren but I believe the Texaco logo on the Lexus would be flush.

Last edited:
Being meaning to post in here for a while now, but kept forgetting. Anyways...

I don’t care for “Moon Over The Castle”.
I don’t think it’s bad, but I don’t think it’s great either. I just feel a bit “meh” about it and I never found myself wanting to listen to it much. I never have been too fond of this song being in part of GT4’s intro, I always found it to be a bit awkward, overly dramatic and I would’ve preferred something else over it. I thought the extended orchestral version in GT4 went on way too long and was a bit too repetitive. Every other version I have heard I generally just didn’t care much for.

Again, it’s not a bad song, but it’s not one I find myself wanting to listen to either. If they want to include it in the next title, that’s fine, but if they don’t, that’s also fine. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter to me.

I had another unpopular opinion, but I don't even remember what it was now. 🤔

Last edited:
Back