Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
This is one of my annoyances. When I create a livery the first thing I do is put the race numbers on so I can design around them. I'd really like a filter in the discovery section so you could filter out anything that doesn't have a number on it. I spend ages scrolling through immediately nopeing some amazing looking liveries because they don't have the GT branded number.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the game or if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't apply the GT number plates to some of my racing styled liveries because most of my online play has been in the weekly lobby that I run. Whenever I've tried using a GT number plate with a specified number (#82), it displays as #999 instead. I have the racing number type set to "no limit." I've tried other settings and have gotten the same result.

Racing liveries on Road Cars only look good if the car in question raced in a category like N1, Group A or JTCC, where the aero work was miminal and very similar to the production car (e.g. ALTIA Skyline BNR34, TRAMPIO Sprinter AE86, any Super Taikyu EK9, etc).

EDIT: however, I do agree body modifications from Gran Turismo 6 should come back.

Last edited:
Or any custom livery created without any consideration for where the game will place the car's numbers. There's literally an option to put them on the car in the livery editor, but no, people will put in all that time and effort only to have decals (or, worse, other numbers as manually placed in the livery) partially covered by the car number.

I feel personally attacked in my special purple cars with gtplanet decals on :lol:
But thanks for the tip on the number boards 👍

Or any custom livery created without any consideration for where the game will place the car's numbers. There's literally an option to put them on the car in the livery editor, but no, people will put in all that time and effort only to have decals (or, worse, other numbers as manually placed in the livery) partially covered by the car number.

This annoys me aswell, every time I do a livery I always try to make it at least compatible with the sport mode numbers, makes them far more usable.

I hate when it happens, and that's exactly why I always make a sport mode variant of my liveries with the proper GT number sticker and driver's name, it's always worth the time to do it.

I'm not a fan of racing liveries being used in road cars.

Feels weird for some reason.

I mostly agree, but if it's a proper club or amateur racing-inspired livery, I think it can work well.

This bugs me so much, this is why I just make my own liveries most of the time. I also find it annoying when they spend all this time making a nice livery but are too lazy to bother giving it or proper title, tag or description when they share it.

My unpopular opinions:

I couldn't care less about liveries.

I'm not intersted in real life motorsports. It's just a waste of time and recources and polluting of environment for nothing.

Wow isn't that unpopular in a motorsports game forum? Now beat this!

My unpopular opinions:

I couldn't care less about liveries.

I'm not intersted in real life motorsports. It's just a waste of time and recources and polluting of environment for nothing.

Wow isn't that unpopular in a motorsports game forum? Now beat this!

Take my advice: Run! :lol:

Actually the ability to turn a road car into a proper race car with chassis, suspension, brake and body/aero upgrades should be brought back.

The way Gran Turismo 6 handled it was having the race car conversions as separate vehicles, which also allowed for less drastic body modifications to exist, and I think I prefer it that way. It's also likely the way it would occur should it ever be implemented into the game (being that the converted race cars turned into the equivalents of Gr.3/Gr.4 in Sport).

EDIT: but I digress, we have gone OT enough :lol: ultimately we both agree body modifications should return, and turns out it's not that unpopular of an opinion anyway!

Back on topic, I also think that the Peugeot VGT Gr3 is one of the best cars to drive in that category and super underrated.

This bugs me so much, this is why I just make my own liveries most of the time. I also find it annoying when they spend all this time making a nice livery but are too lazy to bother giving it or proper title, tag or description when they share it.
What could possibly be important about a description in a posted livery that you'll only read once? :lol:

Actually the ability to turn a road car into a proper race car with chassis, suspension, brake and body/aero upgrades should be brought back.
To get those things that you want in the game, you just have to wait until the next Numbered game.

With the next Gran Turismo game is going to be past, present, and the future events, those things are guaranteed in the game.
Nothing is guaranteed, even if it's said in an interview. Just because it was a function in past games doesn't mean they have to bring everything back.

Nothing is guaranteed, even if it's said in an interview. Just because it was a function in past games doesn't mean they have to bring everything back.
Just because GT Sport has not got that function in the game and players want it brought back, it will not come back because GT Sport is not not a Numbered game like GT6. I will be very surprised it is not in the next Real Gran Turismo game, but again I don't really mind if we have that function in the game or not.

That entirely depends on Kaz and PD, on how enthusiastic they'll be in making the game.

Back