Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,999 comments
Official Manufacturers Cup S2 results, including each manufacturer's top driver in every region:
Code:
Pos. / Manufacturer / Asia-Oceania (Points) / EMEA (Points) / Americas (Points) / Total Points
 1st / AMG / tukushi0021 (126) / R8G_TSUTSU (129) / TGT_BONELLI (152) / 407
 2nd / Porsche / LG-TakuAn_ (92) / TDG_JOSETE (150) / YASHEAT_Loyrot (156) / 398^
 3rd / Nissan / HIROGRAND_1009 (126) / V1_Mehdi59(130) / VQS_Hyperz (142) / 398^
 4th / Toyota / Akagi_1942mi (123) / ERM_Nick (146) / IOF_RACING17 (115) / 384
 5th / Subaru / Kerokkuma_ej20 (110) / PRiMA_Kylian19 (150) / PX7-Lamb (118) / 378
 6th / Mazda / OA4life_ (150) / Williams_Gio (102) / PX7-Deafsun (99) / 351
 7th / Honda / AE_McEwen (87) / Williams_BRacer (136) / MYTH_JoaoSof (107) / 330
 8th / Volkswagen / V1_CRV-KRT86 (146) / Aphel-ion (106.5) / Energy_Amarok_23 (69) / 321.5
 9th / Lexus / SG_Kawakana(82) / R4M_Quinten (103) / Arnage_Cooper (101) / 286
 10th / BMW / Dstinct_VELTRO_ (98) / GG_PolUrra* (108.5) / Dstinct_Crimson (69) / 275.5
 11th / McLaren / KRT_Cavallino25 (86) / VQS_Ntinoskonsta (106) / VQS_Ethan (76) / 268
 12th / Genesis / TRUST-T78-33D (114) / ERM_NicoRD (77) / PRiMA_Deano (75) / 266
^Tiebreaker ("determined by the most points across all Rounds"): Porsche 549 points, Nissan 531.5 points.
*Ineligible for World Finals due to age. Substitute TBD.

Last edited:
Manufacturer's
1664989661100.png

Things of note about this season:
  • This season was much less successful than the previous one
    • My best score of 281 points would've been my lowest counted score last season
    • Last season, all of my counted finished in Manufacturer's were Top 5s, including 2 podiums (one of which was a win).
    • This season, only half of my counted results were Top 5s, including 1 podium (a 3rd in the final round), with my other 2 counted scores being from a 7th (in Rd. 7) and 8th (in Rd. 2) place finish.
    • I finished the season 26 positions lower this time compared to last season.
  • In spite of my worse performance this season, I still ended the season as the #1 Chevy driver in the US, and #3 in the Americas region.
  • I was expecting my best points result to come at Yamagiwa (Rd. 5), but it only ended up being my 2nd best result, both in terms of finishing position and points scored.
  • My best performance of the season was actually at one of my least favorite tracks, and one I would've skipped if I'd had better results earlier in the season - Interlagos. I got my best qualifying performance (2nd), best finish (3rd), and best points (281). Granted, it took me 3 attempts...

Nation's
1664989733458.png

Notes from Nation's:
  • Last season, all my counted results were 2nd place finishes; this season, both my best (297) and worst (259) counted scores were actually from 7th place finishes. My middle 2 results were both 274 points from 3rd-place finishes.
  • I dropped 3 spots in the regional standings compared to last season.

Last edited:
Going to expect the following changes to loan cars for the next exhibition season of the Manufacturers Cup with the upcoming update:
  • Nissan: Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 to Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
  • Subaru: Subaru WRX Gr.3 to Subaru BRZ GT300 '21

Do we know when the next series are coming to Sport Mode? Missing my weekly fix. Surely we're going to get something for over the holiday period?

Do we know when the next series are coming to Sport Mode? Missing my weekly fix. Surely we're going to get something for over the holiday period?
I don't think that we had long breaks like this in GTS, did we? It feel like a long time since the last series...

All in all i do get the feeling this game is not as 'alive' as GTS was, even in it's last years. In this long break i decided to go back to the circuit experience and try to get more golds. (Had some fun and finally got all gold at the Nordschleife, something i thought i would never be able to! :D)
But I noticed a lot of names of friends in the standing who for a while now are not active in GT7 and that is a bit worrying, got the feeling many moved to perhaps another game? Some others also seem to be less active then in GTS, i think....

anyway, do hope that soon we have another series and also this forum will get a bit more active then...

I imagine PD is waiting until the World Finals are over to start an exhibition season. So hopefully the beginning of December.

Last edited:
Without Nations and manufacturers it is boring only the time trial is good but too long..2 weeks, dailies are a nightmare..then I tried ACC available for 12€ on PS store and I found a very good simulation, it look like Project Cars and I enjoy it, FFB are a lot better than GT7, tyre management is fun as the running starts where you can drive the car, I will continue with the 2 games in parallel..

I don't think that we had long breaks like this in GTS, did we? It feel like a long time since the last series...

All in all i do get the feeling this game is not as 'alive' as GTS was, even in it's last years. In this long break i decided to go back to the circuit experience and try to get more golds. (Had some fun and finally got all gold at the Nordschleife, something i thought i would never be able to! :D)
But I noticed a lot of names of friends in the standing who for a while now are not active in GT7 and that is a bit worrying, got the feeling many moved to perhaps another game? Some others also seem to be less active then in GTS, i think....

anyway, do hope that soon we have another series and also this forum will get a bit more active then...
I lost interest without the world series rounds to keep me playing regularly - don't like the Daily carnage. Haven't raced in weeks and my PS Plus has expired now. May renew it when the next proper season starts, though that may be close to Forza release time and I'll probably be switching across to that. Especially if I pull the trigger on a Series S in the sales - I'm not sure my GPU streaming connection will be good enough for competive play (it did work ok for FH5).

Confirmation that Nissan are now running the 2018 car, which will likely be the loaner for anyone racing with them next season.

Until we get another full GTWS season, there is currently a mini championship series being held based on the World Finals races. Here are the combinations and schedule:

View attachment 1210640
Shouldn't the manu cup one be up today then, and available to practice? I missed the TRG race 1 event as well just never saw it under Championships.

Anyone else or am I looking in the wrong place in Sport mode?

Shouldn't the manu cup one be up today then, and available to practice? I missed the TRG race 1 event as well just never saw it under Championships.

Anyone else or am I looking in the wrong place in Sport mode?
Toyota one only went up after the live event finished so I'm guessing it'll be the same for Manu and Nations

Okay, Porsche SERIOUSLY need to be nerfed I'm sorry but when the Porsche can set 1:25s on HARDS while others have to settle with 1:24s on SOFTS, that is an issue with BOP

Last edited:
Anyone been doing these GTWS World Final Races? Didn’t even know they were on tonight until 9.50 (GMT).

So had to pick a manufacture to start with and this took a good 5mins as I couldn’t decide who to go with (Lexus, Porsche or AMG). Went with Porsche in the end as I love the handling of the car. Then I had 5 mins to practice for this race. Only did 1 practice lap and then headed into Quali.

Quali was dry and posted 2.19.072 good enough for P5

Race - in the lobby menu you can see it is raining and it advised me they was 26% track surface water but you have no idea if they are heavy rain clouds so it’s just guess work.
I opted for Inters along with others, and a few went full wets.
Race start I just went steady to keep it on the track and also not destroy anyone else’s race. Lap 1 all fine but lap 2 a car ahead had a strange glitch and this cause me to bump them and allow car behind to close up, and then I got bullied for 2 laps and fell to P9. Lap 4 I found the grip and started my come back. Lap t I made up 1 place due to P1 spinning, and then past P6 down blanchimont. Rain stopped lap 6. Lap 7 P1 decided it was dry enough for dry tyres so pitted but was too wet still for me. Lap 8 I past P4, and then end of this lap P1, P3 & P4 all pit with the rest but again I stay out using the free air now to gain some time. Lap 9 I pit and exit in P4 (net P3 as P3 not pitted) but I got the jump and even made a nice gap too. Lap 10 P2 spins out an P3 pits. Now it’s all about staying on the dry line and not risking it too much. Lap 14 cruising to a P2 I then and go make a mistake at the bus stop. Manage to get going and stay ahead by 1.5 and hold off from P3 to take the flag in P2.
Really enjoyed that race with the weather and strategy. I wish PD would give more of these races.

Chapters added for quick viewing

Anyone been doing these GTWS World Final Races? Didn’t even know they were on tonight until 9.50 (GMT).

So had to pick a manufacture to start with and this took a good 5mins as I couldn’t decide who to go with (Lexus, Porsche or AMG). Went with Porsche in the end as I love the handling of the car. Then I had 5 mins to practice for this race. Only did 1 practice lap and then headed into Quali.

Quali was dry and posted 2.19.072 good enough for P5

Race - in the lobby menu you can see it is raining and it advised me they was 26% track surface water but you have no idea if they are heavy rain clouds so it’s just guess work.
I opted for Inters along with others, and a few went full wets.
Race start I just went steady to keep it on the track and also not destroy anyone else’s race. Lap 1 all fine but lap 2 a car ahead had a strange glitch and this cause me to bump them and allow car behind to close up, and then I got bullied for 2 laps and fell to P9. Lap 4 I found the grip and started my come back. Lap t I made up 1 place due to P1 spinning, and then past P6 down blanchimont. Rain stopped lap 6. Lap 7 P1 decided it was dry enough for dry tyres so pitted but was too wet still for me. Lap 8 I past P4, and then end of this lap P1, P3 & P4 all pit with the rest but again I stay out using the free air now to gain some time. Lap 9 I pit and exit in P4 (net P3 as P3 not pitted) but I got the jump and even made a nice gap too. Lap 10 P2 spins out an P3 pits. Now it’s all about staying on the dry line and not risking it too much. Lap 14 cruising to a P2 I then and go make a mistake at the bus stop. Manage to get going and stay ahead by 1.5 and hold off from P3 to take the flag in P2.
Really enjoyed that race with the weather and strategy. I wish PD would give more of these races.

Chapters added for quick viewing

Hey I was there to, I'm EJ on the grid... I had a 7up Livery mustang...yeah the guess work with whether wets or Inters was interesting, I realized after watching your video you were in a different group, I was in DR C race.....

Last edited:
Last edited:
Confirmation that Nissan are now running the 2018 car, which will likely be the loaner for anyone racing with them next season.
Probably. Luckily you can circumnavigate that issue with no trouble.
I might actually start playing the game again!!

I suppose it's a little later than normal due to the finals being later than normal. Hopefully we'll get some good combos.

Last edited:
Back