Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,258 comments
That's really surprising....after watching those first couple GT2 streams that ended @ 8 laps I thought for sure they were going to throw some rain our way in the 2nd half of the race in GT1. Oh well, still gonna race it. Have a tune that I like, it's more on the higher DF side.

Ah thats pretty disappointing about they been no rain in this race. Going to skip this round now.
My motivation right now is pretty low, and GT7 for me just doesn’t do inspire me enough to play. As for this race I’ve not practice the Group C cars and I just don’t think I’ll be competitive enough to get a result.

Nations Cup I’m my opinion has been a bit of let down.

I have to agree with you on this.
When Le Mans was created it was all about car manufacturers turning up with the newest sports car and testing the car to limits of performance and build quality of the cars. Obviously as more manufacturers turned up it became a race as the Manus wanted to be the best. That way the track is built like it is with long straights and fast corners to push engines and aero.

Todays race in Nations for GT1 class looks ok from what I’ve seen from streamers and quotes on here, but GT2 8 laps of no strategy?
If they no weather for todays race then the multipliers should have been higher. RS on x6 tyres and x4 fuel. I think this would have made great racing for both GT1/GT2/3 leagues. Tyres last about 4/5 laps, while fuel last 5 laps. This opens up undercuts & overcut opportunities.
Yes agree. I mean i said "it doesn't work for competitive fun races" but that's only true when you look at the races PD gives us. They can do so much more and create a lot more interesting races at Le Mans but they just don't do that.

DId the first two slots in the A.O. region last night I (kinda handy with the time difference). I didn't do much practice at all; the only laps being in the Hyundai so that is what I picked. No tuning, just reduced the downforce: Front was like 1029 and rear was 1555 (I was going for 1000/1550 but close enough!).

First race had a dirty driver who was in the R92... we'll call him D-Bag McGee. Second chicane he punted me, surprisingly I didn't go completely off but definitely cut a chunk out of it; I managed to stay in the lead. Coming down that following straight, he pulled up next to me and slammed my car into the guard rail/barrier Days Of Thunder Style. Ugh. Now my car has damage on all four corners and he speeds off. I got passed by a couple more people; eventually my car healed and I was in P3 behind D-bag McGee and one other driver. I was having a hard time catching due to the lack of straight line speed, but I was close enough to see D-Bag McGee dive bomb the other driver at the last chicane pushing him wide.

Yadda yadda laps ticked off as I was still in P3. D-Bag McGee made a mistake which put him in the clutches of P2; to which D-Bag McGee pushed him off the track again. P2 was closer this time so the two of them started fighting a little bit as P2 has had enough of the being pushed around. That allowed me to catch back up; eventually P2 spun and I was able to get a run on D-Bag McGee going through the final two chicanes on the penultimate lap. I took the lead just before the final chicane, and guess what? He punted me... I got reset (which was a blessing as it's less time than being punted off the track completely). I was able to keep him close but not enough where I could see if he had a pen. But he did, and he kept messing up getting track limit pens added on. He sure earned that SR|B.

By the time we got to the pen line I went sailing by as I gave him the one-finger salute as I drove onto the win. I didn't even care about that but just wanted to beat him and keep him from winning. What a loser.

Decided to do a second as that left a bad taste in my mouth. Qualified P2 behind a Sauber which was a much better and cleaner driver going by "Tempest." We had a couple side-by-sides on lap one and we left each other space and I was able to take the lead; to which the straight line speed of the GrC car saw him take it back on the second straight. He kept it until the sharp right after the three straights to where he went a bit wide and I was able to reclaim. He could've divebombed at Indianapolis but backed off. From there I was able to keep him behind where the delta was somewhere between 2-4 seconds for the next seven laps. GGs to him.

0ac9a1c2bda8d4a4290a5fb4f6550c01_photo.webp

50532d65281d286a759a6d1e79a974c2_photo.webp

7b43e64367be08d539dd6f84ea2a7178_photo.webp

Was really hoping there'd be rain. Surprised there wasn't even a sniff of it, no clouds or anything so this race was a glorified Daily C. Might try this later in a GrC car as it just feels more natural at LeMans than some driving spaceship. :lol:

Last edited:
So ended up trying today Nation on my 2nd account and what an awful race.

Group C, Hybrid and VGTs shouldn’t be on the same track.
Qualified P9 amd was the top Hybrid car. Race start I manage to get to P6, but then down the Mulsanne it was clear everyone set their car up for top speed. I’ve check the speed and people doing 230mph down the straight but then crawling through the corners as they couldn’t turn the car due to no aero. Also had the fun at the start and end of the lap where the 3 classes of cars don’t mix and you get Hybrid people pushing through on corners and the GrC blocking or braking too late to get the position back.

One and done for me. Finished P13 and best hybrid car.

GT2 B - tried 3 times , two times were a disaster not even worth to talk about xD
but 3rd time charm finally , bloody penalties or punts
Qualified P4 - just missed the top because of stupid track limit
Race started okay but in turn one as always got punted out dropped to P8 but quickly got back to P5 but track limits were slowing me down :D but in the end ended in P3 - happy days

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231021164505.jpg

Sorry folks, I think armageddon has started, might also be my fault. :rolleyes::sly:

Hyperbole aside, Group 1 rounds at Le Mans have always been a nightmare combo for me. They never go even remotely well, with me typically coming in the bottom 3-4 or such. Somehow today though...

Qualifying was annoying. I wasn't on the best lap ever, but it got completely compromised at Indianapolis by a Porsche 919 who had racked up 4.5s worth of penalties, probably had damage and was hanging around on the racing line as 3 people came roaring up behind him. Why people don't just get out of the way, quit back to the pits or something after that is beyond me. What on earth is left to salvage after that? I started P9, although potentially could have been P6 or so without the Porsche's interference.

The start, oh boy. I knew I was going against the grain in the Hyundai but I wasn't expecting to outrun P8 and be side-by-side with P7 into turn 1. All perfectly clean though, I'm honestly impressed and it was a real pleasure. Would give everyone involved a pat on the back if I could.

The Hyundai's straight-line speed quickly came into question on the Mulsanne as the Group C mob went into slipstream overdrive. Things started getting a bit hairy into the first chicane but I survived, now back down in P8. The run to the second chicane was painful, dropping me back further to P11.

Indianapolis saw a Nissan go off and I managed to slip up the inside to take the position at Arnage as it rejoined. The last sector was quite tricky as my strengths suddenly came into play, getting right back on top of the Group Cs as things started going sour at the Ford Chicane. A Brit got punted through it by a South African which reset him backwards, and I was briefly running in P8 at the start of lap 2 on the run down to turn 1, alongside a French Nissan. The Nissan backed out of the Dunlop Chicane, but I think he knew he'd be annihilating me down the Mulsanne anyway so...

I was still in P8 by the first chicane after passing the South African and watching the Frenchman pass both of us. From here the race started to settle down as P9 and P10 fell away and I closely followed the Frenchman all the way until lap 8. He'd pull away down the straights but I'd be right back up his bumper through the twisty sectors. As his tyres were starting to die, I could feel he was definitely starting to really impede me through the twisty sectors but there was no way I could get in front. I dove into the pits and (being completely honest) was giggling a bit knowing I was about to unleash the Hyundai's secret weapon - near non-existent tyre wear!

I skipped the tyre change as my tyres were still extremely good condition, filled up and rejoined into a nice clear gap. Exactly what I had hoped for. I'd love to know what the Frenchman was thinking as he emerged from the pits the following lap to see me a few seconds up the road. :lol:

From there I was lapping in free air until the end in P5, although I had to start pushing quite hard for the last 3-4 laps when I noticed someone closing up on the extended radar. (Dear Polyphony, please let us see deltas in VR...) The Brit that had been punted and reset was rapidly gaining on me, going about 2s/lap faster. Thankfully I managed to just about keep him out of slipstream range and keep P5 to claim 219 points. 🥳

It might not even be a podium, but that's effectively a win in my eyes with my track record in mind, especially going off-meta (for the dry) as well. :)

Last edited:
Ran my GT2 slot last night. Got in a couple of laps practice with a customized version of @Mistah_MCA tune. And like clockwork someone starts racing on the outlap. In GT2 (not sure about GT1) we only had 1 time for a flyer. So Mr-I'm-in-hurry gets a penalty and I get some breathing room for my lap. Nope. Making sure I leave space betqeen myself and the Hyundai in front this person gets right on my butt leaving the final chicane and passes into turn 1, messes up then chicane horribly so I'm back by, then they try another pass on the left at Dunlop, bumping me wide-ish, which has me with dirty tyres and a nice penalty for forgetting that amd running wide at Tertre-rouge. Then at the end of the lap somekne with a penalty so their lap won't count blocks me all through the Porsche curves and the entire final sector. Joy, p10 and slowest qualifier, all 3 behind were no time.

Usual cluster banging and accordion ping pong music through sector 1 and due to some of ky own driving and the ping pong I end up with 4 seconds of penalties for getting bumped into another person and sending them off. Entering Indy I brake early to leave space but the car behind doesn't. I get damage and another 4 seconds. Down to a lovely last place.

Put my head down, start pushing and lap like hell. Ended up climbing back to p3 and nearly onto p2 as I was all over their bumper through the final chicanes but didn't have a way past. Even got Fastest lap. Race was messy but nice result. And getting better on the wheel.

Luckily it just so happened that I'd won $2M on the Time Trial this week, when I found in the Legendary cars a R92C for $2M. Then when I found this paint job I knew I was in for a good race.
24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit_2.jpeg

Was actually very undramatic race, qualified 5th. If qualifying was an indicator of pace, then there were only going to be 6 cars in the running. Settled down into 5th once the race got going, moved up to 4th with a spinner. Then on lap 9, I was thinking to pit after 10 laps, the worn tyres caught me out braking for Indianapolis. Went off to the right bounced off the wall, managed to keep it running and steer back on track, getting off rather lightly. There was some front end damage, but due for a pit stop imminently anyway.

This off had dropped me back to 5th, exiting the pits I was surprised to find myself still in 5th. Had another scare almost losing the back end exiting the final chicane. From here on decided to ease off and bring it home safely, combined running a bit more cautiously with tyre saving to try and make sure worn rears weren't going to catch me out at the end. That's how it ended 5th place finish and another nice haul of points

That's three decent points hauls in the championship now. Which, with dropped scores, will make deciding to run again a lot more likely, because if I don't beat my existing scores then there's nothing to lose by going again.

Last edited:
Just ran the first GT2 slot in the Americas with the R92CP and a customized version of @Mistah_MCA's mid-downforce tune.

I botched my qualifying lap right off the bat by spinning out as I came out of the final chicane to start my qualifying lap. Still somehow managed to qualify Q2, just 2 tenths behind the top car. There was over a second gap to the car behind me.

The Dunlop chicane on lap 1 was surreal. The car behind me came in hot, but thankfully drove right through me instead of punting me off the track. We were side-by-side through the corners to the straight and I went off the track to make room for him, incurring a 1s penalty, but I came out ahead in P2 on the straight and quickly got some distance between us.

I was keeping up with P1 car for most of the first lap, but when it came time to take my penalty, I lost him and never caught up again for the rest of the race.

Drove the rest of the race alone, with the P1 car growing the gap ahead, and the cars behind falling further back. Finished P2.

A pretty dull race in the end, but I'll take it.

Count me as someone else who had a bit of a dull GT2 race. I'm not sure it's necessarily Le Mans though - I think Gr.1 at lower skill levels just naturally brings a lot of field spread with it because they are hard cars to drive on the limit, and because they're so fast, when you do make mistakes you bleed more time than you would with a slower car.

Finished P3 with some of my worst driving yet. Decided to roll the dice on another race and finished less than a second behind a borderline alien for P2. Qualified 2nd in both races. Even exchanged first place a couple times but I was waiting for a catastrophe. He was clearly a bit quicker than me in his 787B.

Was disappointed there was no rain but the speed of this one was still a lot of fun.

BONUS SIDE QUEST: I mentioned I got intentionally punted in my quali for the Nurburgring manufacturer race then watched that guy spin out immediately in the race. He was in my second race and qualified right behind me (wasn’t happy about this) in 3rd and beat him again.

Thanks to the dude (e: Mistah MCA) who posted the tunes, the mid aero tune for the R92CP was perfect for me and clearly made a difference.

Last edited:
My noon CDT GT3 race was...interesting. I went with a low-mid downforce tune on the Hyundai (no, not Mistah MCA's, but one from @hookedonturbo's Calculator) for my first C/S room race, as last week's Manufacturers' Cup bumped me up to a DR of C. Despite just getting that DR, I drew number 2, so I decided to try to qualify.

I would have qualified on the front row had the lap not been interfered with by slower drivers - pole was a low 4:26, while my best practice lap with the Hyundai was mid-4:25. Still, I set off P3, with a pair of R92CPs ahead, 1 behind, and a mix of Group C, LMP-h and VGTs behind, but no other Hyundais.

I shot to the lead with superior acceleration, but accelerated too hard coming out of Terte Rouge for a half-second penalty. After surviving a botched PIT maneuver attempt by the pole-sitter and eventual winner in the first third of the Mulsanne straight (he thankfully decided to make a clean pass in the middle third), I dropped into 4th as I overestimated the Nissan's braking ability in the 2nd Mulsanne chicane, behind the 3 Nissans that started around me. I worked my way back to 3rd on lap 3 exiting Dunlop Chicane (and kept it as he went off in the esses, preventing him from getting into my slipstream), and quickly caught sight of 2nd. He had me on the Mulsanne straight, but I got back to him on the back half.

On lap 4, he exited the Porsche Curves very slowly, and I ended up tapping him in the back despite slowing to 103 mph, well slower than either of us usually got down to. Fortunately, all it did was give him a 15-mph speed boost. On lap 5, I closed too quickly coming into the Daytona Chicane and veered left to avoid contact, messing up the corner. I actually passed him on lap 7 on the outside coming out of Ford Chicane as he struggled for traction.

Lap 8 wasn't my best - I got a bit of a bump in the Dunlop chicane, but he held back and gave me the position there. He caught and passed me clean at the 2nd Mulsanne chicane, while I got back to him again at Ford Chicane. I didn't quite get far enough over to the right, and we touched coming out of it as he struggled again for traction. Partly because there was no other battle, and partly because I don't particularly like to bump and run, I gave the position back before the finish line.

Neither of us had anything for the lead Nissan, as he was running 3:26-3:27, and we were running 3:30-3:31 (with a 3:29 out of me). Had I been able to deal with the traffic, I might have had something. Still, that was a fun race that, at 27 points, was more than what I got from my two D/S Nation Cup races. On a side note - 2nd place and I were the only ones to not have any visible damage - even the winner had a bit of bumper damage from that attempted PIT maneuver.

Last edited:
Here are replays of my first lap in my P2 race in Replay and VR modes. Everything after the first lap was just me keeping up with but failing to pass that guy in first in the 787B. The dude who went off at the end of the lap who was in P2 was the guy who punted me in last week's quali. He never caught back up.

The mirrors in the R92CP are an absolute lmao-fest in VR. Couldn't see ANYTHING. Also felt pretty crammed forward in the cockpit and had a hard time seeing the MFD compared to other cars.

Replay Mode:

VR Mode:

Thanks to the advices of this forum, I qualified 2nd with the Hyundai VGT, in GT2 B\S lobby.
With 3:23. Was very excited to get to the race.

I found the Hyundai more forgiving and predictable, even with TC set to 0.

I made few mistakes and track limit penality which cost me 2 position to 2 clean drivers. Finshed P4 for 55pts.
Overall I had a good time, and that is what matter the most.

Thank you gtplanet members.

Last edited:
PMK
I used to run 12 hour races at La Sarthe on Project Cars 2 with LMP1/LMP2/LMP3 and GTE cars (PC2 grid would let you have around 40 cars on track, for PC1 that was around 50 even) and it was some of the most fun i've ever had in racing games.
Same! And even with jank and bugs it was a great experience.

Can you imagine if PC3 just ramped up all they had already instead of trying to be Grid.

People would still be playing it now, daily!.

GT2 - B/S Lobby. I'm sporting the number 11 door.

After reading everyone's weather reports, I decided to go with the Sauber C9. It was the meta during the Le Mans TT earlier this year, so I was pretty comfortable with it. I only needed to practice a few places to see how my reduced aero tune would perform in certain corners.

Qualifying was pretty good. I left the pits last and had my out lap and one flying lap. I was fortunate that I got past the only other car directly ahead of me at Indianapolis. Went on to set pole with a 3:22.503 ... I think a PB in the C9. P2 was about 2 seconds behind.

I knew the race start might be hectic, so I just focused on my line into Dunlop and not worry about the traffic behind me. By Tertre Rouge, I had broken away from the field.

Around Lap 2 and 3, I could see P2 gaining on me on the radar, but Lap 4 he must have run off at Indianapolis because I never saw anyone else on my radar after that.

I kept it clean, incurring only one 0.5 second penalty on Lap 4 at Tertre Rouge exiting too wide. Went on to set the fastest lap on 5 (3:23.403), then again on Lap 6 with a 3:22.800. Went on to win, felt kinda nice to get the maximum result not using the meta Nissan.

18b5322f46c24-screenshotUrl.jpg

And I forgot to save a replay, but I saved my VR replay, so if you feel like watching a pretty uneventful 8 laps, have at it! :lol:

In VR, the classic car like the Sauber, it's bubble windshield, transmission and engine sound brings much more authenticity to what a lemans race is... Make me want to give it another try with it instead of the VGT...

Also from GlockPants replay, i can tell you the track limit were much more strict on my run with the Hyundai VGT. Maybe the width of the car is different? (Playing in VR too if that matter)

Last edited:
I can't believe this but i managed to get a victory in todays round and i'm extremely proud of myself! :))) I'm actually suprised by how much fun i had, but i think that's partly due to the combination of the R92CP and the track.

EMEA Slot 1 was forgettable. I ran a medium downforce setup courtesy of @Mistah_MCA. I was extremely nervous for some reason, a combination of being quite new to the Nissan and the pressure to finish in a good position. Qualified 7th but quickly made my way up to 4th after the first part of the Mulsanne straight. I was easily the fastest on the straights in the lobby as it looked like most were either running stock or high downforce setups. In the following 11 laps i had some fantastic fights between the top 3. They closed on me in Indianapolis and the Porsche Curves while i sped away on the straights. At some point one of the guys in the top 3 lost it as did the leader, promoting me to 2nd.

I was happy with my position and said "alright, just gotta bring her back home now" out loud. So were is the "forgettable" part you ask? At lap 12 (the same lap where i said what i said earlier, ironic), past the Mulsanne corner, i decided to take a sip of my water on the straight. This was exactly at the bend and being on a controller, i had tap the joystick to the right a little bit to make the turn with one hand on the controller. You can guess what happened, as this sent my Nissan into the wall at 310 kmh. Even though it spinned around atleast 3 times, it got back on track in the right direction. Didn't matter though as i had damage to pretty much every part of the vehicle.

Pitted and got sent back to 5th but quickly recovered to 4th and was right behind 3rd at the first Mulsanne straight. At this moment, i think to myself, hmm this is not that bad, I lost just 1 position. Little did i know i just jynxed myself again. As i approach the much much slower Peugeot 908, i slipstream him and for some reason decide to swerve to the right just mere meters behind him, F1 style. (this was actually so stupid). Unfortunately i was not in the current Red Bull RB19. In the same way as before, my car heads into the barrier with lightspeed. At this point i just silently bring it into the pit again and finish the race in LAST place. I was ashamed and dissapointed with myself. I threw away my race, twice. :banghead:

Slot 2 is where the good comes though. Realising my strenghts and weaknesses around the track and in this car, i qualify on POLE with 5 tenths of a second. I geniunely yelled out of excitement when this happened.
While i had quite a story for you in Slot 1, i haven't got much to say in this one. I lead the whole race. Consistenly and clean. At this point i learned from my mistakes from last race and was really confident in my skills with the Nissan. The only lap i didn't was when i pitted and one guy did not. I did have one scare though. I managed to accidentally shift down too fast on the Mulsanne corner one time, causing me to do a double 360. Luckily, this only lost me around 5 seconds. In the end, i finish first with a whopping 15 second lead. I even lapped a Hyundai!

IMG-9332.JPG

I'm geniunely really happy that i won, as this is my first win in GT1 and i was very nervous going into todays round.
Enjoy some pictures of my Neon Genesis Evangelion themed R92CP. Cheers!

IMG-9328.JPG
IMG-9329.JPG
IMG-9330.JPG
IMG-9331.JPG

Last edited:
Well.....that first slot didn't quite go to plan. Blew the qualifier and got a penalty on my flying lap that invalidated my time....so I started next to last. My time would have put me 2nd on the grid. Spent the whole race coming back from 15th to 4th at the end. Not sure if I should try this one again....4th was decent enough points I suppose.

First slot in GT1. Not much to say, a pretty lonely race, but I don't mind, keeping it together for an hour of racing is challenge enough for me.

I picked up a track penalty entering the chicane of my hot qualy lap; arghh. (I ran dozens of laps this morning, not a single penalty). In spite of that, Q4! (a few said, nope, and didn't set times. I thought about it)

Dropped to P8 by the straight, and sure enough, got slight damage on my rear bumper in spite of the aggressive ghosting. Didn't seem to bother the car too much, but I pit after lap 8 to take care of it where I'd gotten back to P5. Drop to P6 on the outlap where I stay for the lonely bits to bring it home.

Good luck out there!

Edit. Was going to mention, count me in the camp that doesn't want to deal with extensive tuning. I understand, to some, the tinkering is part of the appeal, but not me. For this race, I just slightly increased the downforce in the nissan, left everything else stock and went driving.

Last edited:
Ran a slot today and it came back to me after the first lap . . . there be a lot of punting at several corners at the D\S ranking. Started Q11, ended at P13 (dead last thanks to 2 dropouts). I will take the 10 points which should move me up in the area standings (looking for a bigger cha ching at seasons end) and of course take the loss in DR as well (BFD).

Looking forward to next weeks Manufacturer's race.

Door 10 today in a reasonable points lobby for me at 227. Traffic on qual and only managed q7.

Lots of rubberbanding in the first few turns but no carnage for me or anyone directly near me which was a welcoming start.

Made quite a few places over the first two laps mostly on the straights. Running Mistah MCA mid df tune. Settled in p3 for quite a few laps and caught and passed p2 on about lap 4-5. To run p2 until lap 13 when a 787 finally caught up and then i ruined my crb by taking many .5 penalties just to make sure he got away 🤔

Finished p3 and really happy with the result. Nabbed 208 points for the series and even better I scored 1000dr points for my p3 in a gtws which was equally exciting.

GL to everybody still running!

IMG_6063.jpeg
IMG_6064.jpeg

Last edited:
That 2nd slot went much better.

Lobbied up with Raccoon and Tulipix. Q'd a tad bit faster than my best practice lap time for P2 on the grid. Made it away clean in 2nd with 1st slowly pulling a lead. Coming out of the 2nd chicane on Mulsane the leader spun out, smashed headfirst into the barrier I'm sure damaging his car and handing me the lead. Sat rather uneventfully in first until the end of the first stint 2nd place started closing down on me and made the pass at the end of the 8th lap when I made a mistake and ran wide in the last corner before the finish. We both pitted the following lap but I just didn't have the speed to stay with him coming back out. Just cruised around managing the gap to 3rd for the rest of the race. Again, fairly uneventful overall but I'll take it as it's my highest points earned race in this seasons Nations.

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

Latest Posts

Back