Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,258 comments
In fact suspension settings are not well done on GT7, it is quite difficult to find true differences when you should have.
Some settings can be full right or full left to be good that should never exist…
I regret Project Cars where settings where very very accurate , you could see the difference for any little change…
Anyway I like spend some hours to find the good settings😁

Last night of practice here in the Americas before race day.

I'm still expecting rain in the race, though I'm not as convinced as I was earlier in the week that we'll get it. Regardless, I'll be spending the evening preparing for rainy conditions in the N 2025, fine-tuning my aero settings and practicing against the stupidly slow AI cars in custom races.

Best of luck to everybody in your race. Looking forward to reading your race stories when I get up in the morning. Cheers! And good luck!

Just trying to judge race pace with people… In DR B and low DR A drivers.

Toyota GR10 - in dry conditions im lapping in the 3.26/3.27s. Tyres wear is good for the 8 laps. Inters I’m about 3.40.
Just not sure at all if the Toyota is competitive for my DR split. Too late to really change to a new car as well as I’ve only done 1 or 2 laps in the other cars.

Saw a A+ driver I’m the Porsche (GrC) only doing 215mph down the Mulsanne which is only about 10mph slower than what I’m in doing the Toyota, but I just can’t take the same cornering speed so losing a lot of time there. Corning speed I’d say is just my talent

I couldn't get his low-downforce tune to work for me, though. I just couldn't adjust to the new braking points, so I kept missing apexes and incurring track limit penalties. Maybe with some more practice, I could get it to work but I wasn't getting there in the few practice laps I tried.
The low downforce tune was the hardest lap for me to record. Windfire and a few others toyed around with it (they had 640 front downforce, ~1050 rear downforce) and are in the 3:12 range for Free Practice. I have no idea how they minimize the time lost in the turns, but they go over 240mph down the straights and make up the time lost... :scared:

Ended up switching to the Hyundai myself after watching @Mistah_MCA's video. (Thanks!) I've tweaked the tune a little as it was a bit too oversteery for my liking but it's ended up being my fastest car overall, even in the dry.

Now... am I imagining things or does the Hyundai VGT just casually forget to wear the tyres? I did a full length GT1 custom race and this is what the tyres looked like when I pit at the end of lap 10...

1697836665847.png

And then after going full race distance without changing them at the pit stop...

1697836690042.png

I actually double-checked afterwards to make sure I'd set the race up right with the 2x tyre and 2x fuel, and I definitely had!

Last edited:
Just did the first GT2 Asia/Oceania slot, no rain. Was a pretty lonely race as only a few people seemed to bother tuning, so the faster drivers were way up the road from me and everyone else was way behind.

Watching 3 different GT2 streams on YT (GT1's don't start for several hours still). They all look sunny and dry for the full 8 laps....looking like it's scripted weather again. So for the GT2/3 folks ilikely a straightforward dry race sprint....whatever car you're faster in the dry with.

GT1 guys we have to wait a bit to see if the 2nd 1/2 of the race gets wet.

The low downforce tune was the hardest lap for me to record. Windfire and a few others toyed around with it (they had 640 front downforce, ~1050 rear downforce) and are in the 3:12 range for Free Practice. I have no idea how they minimize the time lost in the turns, but they go over 240mph down the straights and make up the time lost... :scared:

Thanks so much for the valuable information on different approaches for setup in this race. I’m still way off the “fast” times but have found personal best times using your guide!
Cheers! GL tomorrow and may your laps be dry 👍

Just did the GT1 race. Full dry conditions. Just go with the R92CP and pit halfway. Becareful of the rear stepping out when the tyres are worn. Most people go with full downforce or default based on their top speeds. Just go with whatever you're comfortable, there's not much in it.

I used the Hyundai in anticipation for rain. Gamble didn't pay off. It's 1-2 seconds slower than the Nissan in the early laps but the tyre wear is so good it's about even later in the stint. In fact I just pit for fuel, no tyre change and can still keep up with R92CPs in the end. Might be a good choice for those in lower splits if you're struggling to tame the Group Cs. Downforce 850/1400, suspension settings copied Mistah_MCA's video in the last page.

Here's hoping the TBA Nations race is something interesting. The rest of the both seasons looks dull with no weather otherwise.

Last edited:
Just did the first GT2 Asia/Oceania slot, no rain. Was a pretty lonely race as only a few people seemed to bother tuning, so the faster drivers were way up the road from me and everyone else was way behind.
That's a bummer. I was really hoping for rain. Back to the garage for the Hyundai, then. Bringing out the Nissan.

I've got plenty of time yet to practice yet before the first slot in the Americas. Got to figure out which tune to use for the race.
I did my fastest lap time with @Mistah_MCA's mid-downforce tune (many thanks to @Mistah_MCA for that!), so I'll definitely be using that for qualifying. It's probably going to depend on where I qualify. If I can get pole, I'll probably stick with it. If I'm further back, I'll go with my lower downforce tune that has a the higher top speed in the hopes of gaining positions in the straights.

Well that was a cracking race made complicated by the different types of machinery involved. Ran the Nissan and just wild to see the VGT's appear alongside out of nowhere after having smoked them on the straights. It's quite a jarring experience.

Qualified 2nd and that was even with a .5 penalty for running wide at the right hander onto the mulsanne straight (hate that turn) though with 1st a further 5 seconds ahead I don't think I would have had pole anyway and to be honest at this point I settled into what I expected to be a battle for 2nd as we all watch 1st disappear into the sunshine.

Not to be though as he managed to spin it at race start way before even Turn 1 and I was through although the cold tires meant it became a bit of a shoving match - which on the plus side meant I could basically skip a turn or two as I'd been pushed onto the tarmac first.

Opening up on the straights and over the lap a Mazda VGT became an annoyance as I couldn't seem to leave him behind and he wasn't exactly looking to pass fairly in the turns. This shoved me back into a Spaniard in a Group C Mazda and it became a three way battle with the VGT really causing us both problems before eventually losing himself trying too hard and slipping back towards the chasing pack - thankfully didn't see him again and I believe he quit later on.

Over the last portion of the race it became a chase as the Spaniard could pull away out of each corner but I would manage to catch up by the next. Respectful racing, if not particularly close I didn't expect to pass but just got the jump on him on the last lap and it looked like he lost the rear end coming out of mulsanne corner and this gave me a vital bit of breathing room to bring it home without too much pressure.

Was contemplating if I had time today to run it again so I'm pleased I was able to snatch the win and avoid that entirely - fun race overall!

F883r-LWUAAVphJ.jpg

A couple of questions, as I currently don't have the ability to look it up for myself at the moment.

Is this a no-stopper GT2/3? Or any required tire change?

Already sounds like the early runners here reporting dry conditions for the entire race.

A race where I was the victor of circumstances this time.
I tried taking some downforce off the 787B to grab a few extra mph's down the straight and it did not like some corners like Indy. Plus it's brakes were made of cakes. I did beat my previous best on the 1 clean lap I had so I know the pace was there. However I decided to keep the Hyundai even knowing it was dry. The better consistency I had from it would be better over the course of the race.
In the pre race TT I went better than my Mazda time so I knew I should be able to mix it with the Gr C's
Lobby was mostly Nissans, with a 787B, Porsche and Sauber here and there. One other person also ran the Hyundai (but maybe stock for them.) One madman picked the Longboi! Wrong Nissan mate.

Qualy was ruined by a Nissan who mucked up the outlap. I kept behind to benefit from the slip on the straights as they still gapped me by 2 tenths. However I quickly caught up from the Porsche curves onwards. I must have lost between a second and 2 seconds not trying to ruin their lap. However I was still P5 with an almost identical time to the other Hyundai.

Race starts and it's fairly even into Dunlop. My better brakes allow me up the inside and a Nissan punts me. I do not suffer and end up 2nd with a small gap to the chaos behind. Nice for a change. The Mazda ahead starts to pull a little on the straights and a Nissan gets me on the second straight. (Gunna be one of those races I think.)
I stay 3rd and keep everyone in sight. The Nissan ahead runs wide through the kink at Indianapolis and beautifully keeps it slow and right allowing me to sweep around the outside with no trouble. I'm quicker than the Mazda ahead over a lap so it is a case of when I would catch them. Sector 1 seems to be where I gain the most. However lap 3 the Mazda goes deep into the Porsche curves. I catch them ghosted and see a gap in the 3rd corner especially as they would run wide. However there is contact and I hear a 2nd one against the wall. I wasn't sure quite who was to blame. They had just unghosted and looked like they swung across at me from my perspective. Looking at the replay afterwards I would like to think I couldn't have done more. They broke right on me and there was a little netcode involved too. So racing incident at best? (Below for comments)

From there I just ran away despite a couple of track limit penalties. Those behind too busy fighting each other in what looked like a good battle as the tower on the right kept changing several times per lap.
I got fastest lap which vindicated my thought that I was the fastest overall across the lap. I'm guessing nobody else tuned this low down the pyramid.
Lap 8 and it was a simple case of brining it home to win by 15 seconds.
534d791e0af18e2181857fc57548062d_photo.webp

SHARE_20231021_0906060.jpeg

My 3rd in Nations and 3rd overall. Got a little lucky at times but I also think my pace deserved it too.
Also Longboi came home 12th ahead of 4 cars.

Oceania slot 1, door 8 in top split. Ran the Huyndai.

Qualifying lap was ok, but not great. Finished up Q5 surprisingly.

Up to p3 immediately after the start. Dropped to p4 by the end of Mulsanne. Briefly back to p3 by the start of Mulsanne second time.

Then, like the idiot I am, I got the kink before Indianapolis wrong on lap 2 and hit the wall at 300kmh.

Pitted to repair damage and dropped down to p13.

Ran clean after that in an entirely dry race and pitted at the end of lap 12. Rejoined p10 and ran down p9 and p8 in the final 3 laps for a p8 finish and 211 points.

The Hyundai is competitive and if I hadn’t crashed the damn thing, and had to 2 stop p5 was mine for the taking.

Sitting duck on the straights was almost made up by taking the porsche curves flatout.. i should run this race again with the meta, but i can't be bothered, the track is fun to watch on TV but not that fun to actual race..
I think it's just the setup of this race. Le Mans just doesn't work in GT7 for competive fun races. Le Mans is all about Multiclass endurance madness and even a 1 hour race doesn't cut that, let alone with 1 vehicle class restricted to 16/20 cars on the grid. I used to run 12 hour races at La Sarthe on Project Cars 2 with LMP1/LMP2/LMP3 and GTE cars (PC2 grid would let you have around 40 cars on track, for PC1 that was around 50 even) and it was some of the most fun i've ever had in racing games.

Last edited:
Going for the Nissan R92CP in my first race to see where I end up :scared: , might try LMP1, LMH or VGT cars later, happy if I can get 10th place or a bit higher.

Edit.

And my quali was ruined, hit in the back, right in the wall, starting as number 11, hopefully I can take a few places in the race.

Edit.

Got hit from behind in the race as well, put me down to 16th place, but managed to end the race on 9th place, happy with that, I don't think I want to push my luck once more.

Last edited:
Well that was a cracking race made complicated by the different types of machinery involved. Ran the Nissan and just wild to see the VGT's appear alongside out of nowhere after having smoked them on the straights. It's quite a jarring experience.

Qualified 2nd and that was even with a .5 penalty for running wide at the right hander onto the mulsanne straight (hate that turn) though with 1st a further 5 seconds ahead I don't think I would have had pole anyway and to be honest at this point I settled into what I expected to be a battle for 2nd as we all watch 1st disappear into the sunshine.

Not to be though as he managed to spin it at race start way before even Turn 1 and I was through although the cold tires meant it became a bit of a shoving match - which on the plus side meant I could basically skip a turn or two as I'd been pushed onto the tarmac first.

Opening up on the straights and over the lap a Mazda VGT became an annoyance as I couldn't seem to leave him behind and he wasn't exactly looking to pass fairly in the turns. This shoved me back into a Spaniard in a Group C Mazda and it became a three way battle with the VGT really causing us both problems before eventually losing himself trying too hard and slipping back towards the chasing pack - thankfully didn't see him again and I believe he quit later on.

Over the last portion of the race it became a chase as the Spaniard could pull away out of each corner but I would manage to catch up by the next. Respectful racing, if not particularly close I didn't expect to pass but just got the jump on him on the last lap and it looked like he lost the rear end coming out of mulsanne corner and this gave me a vital bit of breathing room to bring it home without too much pressure.

Was contemplating if I had time today to run it again so I'm pleased I was able to snatch the win and avoid that entirely - fun race overall!

View attachment 1296863
I assume you ran a low downforce setup for the straights?

I've been tinkering with the @Mistah_MCA mid-downforce tune, lowering the rear downforce to increase the top-speed in the straights, but still be able to take the corners at high speed. Managed to get my optimal lap time down to 3:19.726 and set a new best lap of 3:19.953 (ranking 450 last I checked). Feeling pretty good with those times. They should be competitive for whatever mid-B lobby that I end up in.
Is this a no-stopper GT2/3? Or any required tire change?
Yep. It's a no-stopper.

Ah thats pretty disappointing about they been no rain in this race. Going to skip this round now.
My motivation right now is pretty low, and GT7 for me just doesn’t do inspire me enough to play. As for this race I’ve not practice the Group C cars and I just don’t think I’ll be competitive enough to get a result.

Nations Cup I’m my opinion has been a bit of let down.

PMK
I think it's just the setup of this race. Le Mans just doesn't work in GT7 for competive fun races. Le Mans is all about Multiclass endurance madness and even a 1 hour race doesn't cut that, let alone with 1 vehicle class restricted to 16/20 cars on the grid. I used to run 12 hour races at La Sarthe on Project Cars 2 with LMP1/LMP2/LMP3 and GTE cars (PC2 grid would let you have around 40 cars on track, for PC1 that was around 50 even) and it was some of the most fun i've ever had in racing games.
I have to agree with you on this.
When Le Mans was created it was all about car manufacturers turning up with the newest sports car and testing the car to limits of performance and build quality of the cars. Obviously as more manufacturers turned up it became a race as the Manus wanted to be the best. That way the track is built like it is with long straights and fast corners to push engines and aero.

Todays race in Nations for GT1 class looks ok from what I’ve seen from streamers and quotes on here, but GT2 8 laps of no strategy?
If they no weather for todays race then the multipliers should have been higher. RS on x6 tyres and x4 fuel. I think this would have made great racing for both GT1/GT2/3 leagues. Tyres last about 4/5 laps, while fuel last 5 laps. This opens up undercuts & overcut opportunities.

As the bug meant I couldn’t do the Maggiore race, I realised I’d need to do this one or SSRX for a proper score at the end of the season. This seemed less boring so fired up my old Jaaaag.

Started P8. Race ruined at Tertre Rouge on lap 1. Bashed wide by a **** in a Mazda, through the gravel and into the barrier. Damage to both front wheels, lost a bunch of time crawling down Mulsanne until it auto-repaired. Dropped to 15th.

Spent the rest of the race overdriving as I tried to regain position. Got a few places due to crashes ahead - quite a few went straight off at Indianapolis. Lost concentration near the end, made a ton of stupid errors and dropped to near the back. Didn’t even finish the race, timed out as the leader was way ahead of everyone else.

One to forget, but at least means I’ll get the 3 counting scores and some decent credits at the end of the season.

GT2 DR B lobby.

Started 7th, finished 8th. For anyone in these lobbies later today, expect first lap carnage, even with the silly ghosting. I was the only Sauber C9 on the grid. Apart from the runaway leader, most of the field struggled with these cars, either the group Cs or modern Gr.1s. I'm slow, but even I was suprised at people's early braking. Everyone seemed to panic in traffic.

Pretty fun, but rain or tire change would have been alot better. An 8 lap sprint at Le Mans is a bit odd considering the options they could have implemented.

Last edited:
Back