Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,004 comments
2 very different races for me.

Ran slot 2 in Asia in the Supra. As expected, I really sucked at this course. No major issues in qualy and Q16.

Started on hards, made up a couple of places in the first 2 laps as people had “moments”. Lap 3 I touched the kerb exiting the first complex, spun and hit the wall.

Limped another 3 laps with damage and changed onto mediums. DFL.

Started to find a groove and a few other spinners had me hunting backmarkers before I rode the kerb at the hairpin exit and spun again. Ran the last 6 laps with damage and failed to finish before the countdown timer. Honestly, the kerbs on this track should be outlawed. IRL they would be causing fatalities.

Being a glutton for punishment, I decided to run a slot in my Canadian account. A random Manu selector gave me Peugeot so I rolled out the RCZ.

I was a full second slower in FP than my best in the Supra. Not promising.

All A+ lobby, qualified 9th.

Ran 9H11M, got 2 places from crashes ahead, including a Supra who did EXACTLY what I did in my first race. Glad to see it wasn’t only me.

Zero overtakes, zero positions lost. Finished alone in 7th in a VERY boring race. 189 points. Glad it’s over.

GTWS Manufacturers Cup Exhib.2 Rd.1

Only one slot, but one race of throttle management, tire management and not over driving. A car as tail happy as the F-Type doesn't warrant a lead foot, which is not easy around the hairpins and sausage-kerbed corners of DT Gardens on a controller. A solid Qualifying run to 6th on the grid, and the goal first stint was not to get into too much of a fight with the Medium tire runners. One Honda NSX would be my rabbit for the race beginning-to-end, with several times being close through several corners, but not quite there to pass. After getting from the hard to medium tires it was a literal chase towards the end of the race, with the last coupe corners thinking I had a chance in the downward chicane. Too severe, too little, too late. Let him through and finished 4th, but got 3rd since the Honda driver didn't change to hards at any point, they never ran mediums all stint, so a 2 minute penalty lead to a Podium (and beaten to fastest lap by .001 :banghead:)

Last edited:
GT1 North America Slot 1 A/S Lobby

After my recent post-update tire wear disaster which has made me lose a lot of race pace, I was not very optimistic for this one. I just want some fun racing at this point.

Obviously I went with Subaru again to honor the three badges I have parked in my real-life garage. But this time I decided to try out the BRZ instead of the WRX. I quickly realized I have been kneecapping myself in past seasons by staying loyal to my IRL WRX. The first practice lap in the BRZ was half a second quicker than my best in the WRX.

Jumped into slot one and qualified 3rd with a 1:32.3. I did a 11M-9H strategy and the race was pretty uneventful. Ran 2nd most of the first stint as the Genesis in front of me was slow and I got past him quickly. I was 3rd after the stops as someone evidently much faster did a H/M strategy.

I was on for a podium but in the late laps I made a couple of small mistakes which allowed the guy trailing me for many laps to get by on lap 19. I followed him home closely for fourth place and 178 points. The top two were miles ahead.

It's a good result after lots of post-update frustration. And I guess the WRX was really holding me back in the previous season. The BRZ seems much more capable.

Qualy:

IMG_20241005_175156723_HDR.jpg

Race Results:
IMG_20241005_175201276_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241005_175203811_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with these results! The first time around on my alt account (Inigo Montoya) I couldn't understand why my lap times were several seconds slower than on my main account. After a few laps into the race, I looked at the tires to see how they were wearing and saw "IM"! Oh, no! I was still using the tires I had previously used in the Le Mans race for grinding credits. So I had to make 2 pitstops: 1 to change to RH and then to change that to RM later on! Ended up P11. Second time around on that account, I started Q6 and ended P6; much better! On my main account I started Q10 and ended P3. I was actually running P6 at the end, but 3 of the drivers ahead of me got 2 minute penalties; guess they didn't change tires. Oh, well, their loss is my gain. :)
Gran Turismo® 7_20241005155141.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20241005195129.jpg

Back