Gran Turismo World Series R1: Montreal Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 193 comments
I'm slightly worried about the health of these events,seems like the changes they made are so they can spend less and less on each event.
I hope i'm just overthinking,it's the best esport racing event by far from a viewer's persoective

Last edited:
IMG_20240706_210506.jpg

Yeah, I'm yet to predict anything correctly :banghead: Surely next time, right. Right?

As always, here are the live viewership figures for Montreal (manufacturers only, don't have exact figures for nations cup)
  • 16 200 total peak (2nd highest for manufacturers, tracked since 2022 World Finals)
  • 6 500 main feed peak (same as above)
  • 6 feeds went over 1K (Main, Spanish, Japanese, PlayStation, Portuguese, French; in the order in which they breached 1K)
  • Spanish feed came just short of 2K (for the 2nd time, first one @ 2022 WF)
  • All feeds over 750 viewers

So I wonder how the cars were chosen or assigned....
Surely there is no way each person chose different cars and no one wanted the same car....

Did the manufacturer had any saying on the chosen driver ?
Are they paid by the manufacturer?
How much support do the driver get from the manufacturer?any rewards if they win for the manufacturer?

What if several players driver wanted the same car, how do they determine? Rock Paper Scissors ?

Does it even matter which car since BoP should take care of equivalency, then why even have different manufacturers?

Just wondering , so many questions....

Too bad FIA no longer support GT / Kaz and PD / Sony
But I can see the discussion that went down before the decision to part ways..
FIA being FIA wanted full control of everything, but Kaz being Kaz doesn't want to reveal all the inner workings of GT and PD...

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series Montreal: Lexus and Miyazono Take Dramatic Victories

The first live event of the 2024 Gran Turismo World Series has seen Team Lexus — through talismanic driver Igor Fraga — and Takuma Miyazono claim an early advantage in the two championships, although the real winner was a pair of lucky gloves…

Last edited:
Surely there is no way each person chose different cars and no one wanted the same car....

How much support do the driver get from the manufacturer?any rewards if they win for the manufacturer?

What if several players driver wanted the same car, how do they determine? Rock Paper Scissors ?

Does it even matter which car since BoP should take care of equivalency, then why even have different manufacturers?

Too bad FIA no longer support GT / Kaz and PD / Sony
But I can see the discussion that went down before the decision to part ways..
FIA being FIA wanted full control of everything, but Kaz being Kaz doesn't want to reveal all the inner workings of GT and PD...
For manu they chose the car for the online events and the top 3 (1 for each region) of the 12 best manufacturers qualify.

At this point they know which manufacturer the best drivers are picking. So if you're on a region where you can't be the best driver you better choose a different one. And if you want to win the whole thing you chose a manufacturer based on what other drivers are picking. Probably the reason we saw drivers switching to subaru to be Kylian teammates.

Crikey.

You choose the manufacturer you want to represent at the start of the online season. That locks you in to that brand.

The 12 manufacturers that score the most points across the online season are selected for the finals. This is actually nine manufacturers plus the guaranteed spots for series partners Genesis, Mazda, and Toyota.

It's actually a little convoluted how this works out, but in essence the driver who scores the most points in any round in any region scores 40 points for their manufacturer. All other drivers for that manufacturer are then ignored. The next highest-scoring driver scores 36 points for their manufacturer, then all other drivers for that manufacturer are ignored. That continues down the points table until the 20th best driver, for a manufacturer that hasn't yet scored. The points for all three regions are then totted up (120pt maximum), and the points for all the rounds are added up to generate the overall score for each brand.

That picks the 12 manufacturers for the finals.

The top-scoring driver (in raw points, not converted) across all the rounds (excluding dropped scores) in each region for each manufacturer is then selected as the representative for that brand, so that there's one driver from each region representing the brand at the finals. If they're not eligible for some reason, the spot goes to the second-best.

Players don't get to choose the car after their initial selection back at the start of the online series, so there's no need to roshambo for it. No, the manufacturer doesn't get a say. No, they don't get paid. The support from the manufacturer varies according to how much they give a crap.

Same for me.
Decided to go for the veterans and picked Fraga / Lexus for Manufacturers Cup and Miyazono for Nations Cup
So this should get me a nice 2 Million credits :cheers:

For those of you who haven’t done the Viewers Campaign yet, congratulations about your tickets, and don’t forget to register for them by clicking on the two submission buttons, as there’s a high chance your 2 tickets, which are known to be distributed later, will expire on a date after the Update 1.49 has landed, meaning if the Gods of Roulette decide to give you a 💩 prize for either of the tickets (or both, which I wager is more likely), you’ll get to flip the bird at them and draw it again by saving up these tickets until the Update has been installed on your console.

For those of you who have submitted and received your tickets already, good luck with the rewards, as they expire on 22 July… Ask me how I know. :indiff:

Picked Lexus for the manufacturer winner and Coque Lopez for the winning driver without realising that he doesn't race for Lexus 🤣 Still, a million credits was very welcome 🤗

Back