Gran Turismo World Series R1: Montreal Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 193 comments
I would love to say thank you to Gran Turismo and polyphony Digital for coming to Montreal. It was a great event to be hosted in my hometown. The racing was amazing and also the venue I was quite impressed., I was a bit shy to talk to some of the people working for GT, but I would love to know the backstage look of how they get the game to run, I’m pretty sure they’re running off dev kits and crazy servers and PCs, I would also like to know the equipment use that the event does that travel to every world event and belong to polyphony digital??? I wonder if in the next life event, they could do a backstage pass to see how they set up and run the game. It would be so cool. I am also so happy that Honda has finally got a podium in the manufacturers cup. I have been playing with the Nsx GR3 since GT Sport. I really hope we get an upgraded version soon and maybe a podium at the overall, thank you Gallo for taking the time to meet me and I would like to say a special thank you to Kazunori as he was grateful enough to sign my Gran Turismo one and my GT7 copy thank you to all the staff and crew for an amazing event🥰

IMG_0378.jpeg
IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0418.jpeg

Great race(s). Congratulations Igor and Miyazono! And also to the French Drumont in WG, and the Corvette helped a lot, as everyone knows how to run fast. Drumont would also have been a candidate for victory with Red Bull, if it weren't the mistake in choosing tires, which he didn't even replace (he didn't try the hard tires), and shortly afterwards he crashed. K. de Briun, who has the best time in the TT, also had a good performance but in track with tough competition. Conclusion, I hit the winners, another two million will enter my account, in addition to the 20,000,000, and already have the 505 cars for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_20240707_232909.jpg
    IMG_20240707_232909.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 6
I obviously picked wrong, even though Lexus/Fraga and Miyazono crossed my mind several times... oh well... At least, from the watch the stream campaign roulette tickets I got the Porsche 919 and 1 million credits, not a bad haul either. Congrats to the winners!!

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Hands-on with Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics: GTWS Driver Interview with Guy Barbara

GTPlanet had a chance to catch up with Gran Turismo World Series racer, and unofficial Vegemite spokesman, Guy Barbara about his recent experiences in Montreal — including the highs, lows, new physics, and a little insight into life at the heart of the flagship event...

Last edited:
Nice to have someone feedback the new physics to us. It'll be interesting to see how it actually feels in difference for ourselves. I struggle in slow corners with the nsx gt500 for instance and the skyline gt500 feels more loose than memory since coming back to the game after a long break.

Differents physics mean differents behaviors. He didn't tell anything about this. Only different performance. We'll have to wait till July 25.
Yeah it's a shame but unless we get more information from Polyphony themselves, we cant expect a player to provide much detail in a quick interview.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Hands-on with Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics: GTWS Driver Interview with Guy Barbara

GTPlanet had a chance to catch up with Gran Turismo World Series racer, and unofficial Vegemite spokesman, Guy Barbara about his recent experiences in Montreal — including the highs, lows, new physics, and a little insight into life at the heart of the flagship event...
It was a good interview I hope we get more feed back from more drivers, as a player who uses the nsx gr3 I hope gallo will give a interview🙏

On the sad side I do wish polyphony digital would be more open with our community,

Differents physics mean differents behaviors. He didn't tell anything about this. Only different performance. We'll have to wait till July 25.
I feel that but I don't think he's allowed to go into much depth about it outside of an impression.

Last edited:
Ive noticed it with a lot of Japanese studios. I think it's just how they work.
Thats my impression also.

Community engagement can cost resources or bring bad effects. PD have done very well with doing the bare minimum of engagement so I can’t fault them for this. Engagement is a two sided sword.

Back